Sponsored

TFL towing - JT diesel vs f150 hybrid

n8leav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Eco

It is interesting to note that the diesel didn’t look full (check 3:44 on video). Haha. Anyway, great video and thought I would post here.
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
They could be compensating for the difference in fuel tanks.
If the F150 is like my Explorer was, it only has an 18 gallon tank.

JTRdiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado ZR2

It is interesting to note that the diesel didn’t look full (check 3:44 on video). Haha. Anyway, great video and thought I would post here.
They let the pump click, wait 30 sec and then top off, the procedure is the same could be many things

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
So another hybrid got not-so-great mileage towing.
The all-electric vehicle tow tests I’ve seen so far show they do even worse.

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
Hey they just showed a plug for a trailer camera. IS THAT REAL? Will I get that with my Overland?

Sponsored

ssteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
camaro, audi Q, cj2a, ram
Would be nice if they did a significantly longer loop. Over a tank full. There's far too many factors in just 66 miles. Head wind, if traffic pulls out how hard is the cruise getting back into the throttle etc. Either way, for most situations of towing for utility(a car trailer, dump runs etc) which I would assume is the most likely use case for a lot of people, or I would at least hope so since if your towing regularly you bought into the wrong segment, this truck should serve a lot of guys really well and will be more than content with their fuel mileage.

I am also hopeful there may be something similar on a ecodiesel one day that has some mileage on it as I know with most fullsize trucks the mileage continues to increase significantly for as much as 40k+miles.

19JTRubiconEcoDiesel

First Name
JoLHY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.6JLUR6MT HellaYella SkyTop, 3.8JKUX6MT RedRock HalfDoors, Deciding on JTRD or JTR4xe
Hey they just showed a plug for a trailer camera. IS THAT REAL? Will I get that with my Overland?
I can enable my '19 JL's backup camera anytime the ignition is on, regardless of speed. It just stays on for a couple of seconds like Andre said.

Tazer Mini even tapped in to it for their camera-on-upon-blinker feature.