Sponsored

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator rubicon
I've had my x4s cover for the past couple months but finally got to my install today as I was waiting on my rack system. For the most part everything turned out as I envisioned. The only thing that bugged me was the design of the jack nuts and well nuts. I think there's room for improvement with either a different design or something stronger as one of the jack nuts broke when tightening. Either way happy with the setup. Only thing that was odd was the straps that came with my order. It's different than what I think was supposed to come in the box. I ended up just using that design to secure the straps to the side of my bed.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Iamstubb

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
What rack system did you use? How did it match up with the rails?

JTzntz

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator | 1993 Corrado SLC | 1992 GTI 16v
Looks like a JCR rack to me. OP, I too wouldn’t mind hearing more about your rack and x4 combo. What did you need to do to make them work together especially if it is the JCR since I was planning to try that combo rack/tonneau.

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I've had my x4s cover for the past couple months but finally got to my install today as I was waiting on my rack system. For the most part everything turned out as I envisioned. The only thing that bugged me was the design of the jack nuts and well nuts. I think there's room for improvement with either a different design or something stronger as one of the jack nuts broke when tightening. Either way happy with the setup. Only thing that was odd was the straps that came with my order. It's different than what I think was supposed to come in the box. I ended up just using that design to secure the straps to the side of my bed.

View attachment 210094

View attachment 210095

View attachment 210096
That’s Bak’s Awesome QC for you, those are definitely not the right straps for it.

Firesmith102

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator rubicon
Occupation
Retired

View attachment 210094
Can you post an update with the rack and tonneau installed? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored

mikeeeee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
First one had broken pieces and ripped rubber. Second one looks fine and no broken pieces or any other exterior issue. 2 weeks after installed, find out it is leaking from right front corner end piece. It is leaking bad… Hah…

294590B0-449D-4AF9-954E-AD22A8117315.jpeg

Attachments

Iamstubb

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
It looks like the seal isn't flush against the bed. Edit-Is that a view underneath? Hard to orient. Does the seal on top look like this?
Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy 20220204_105256

Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy 20220204_105248

Mdeeter

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
Biomedical tech
It looks like the seal isn't flush against the bed. Edit-Is that a view underneath? Hard to orient. Does the seal on top look like this?
Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy 20220204_105248

How is your seal like that!? Mine looks nothing like that.

Mdeeter

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
Biomedical tech
You’re saying the rails are the issue? I got a new cover and it still looks like this and leaks down the side.

DE0BDD4D-FBB8-458C-9D80-86333BF3B7C3.jpeg

kad's_Glad

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mojave - Sting Gray
Occupation
Retired
Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy DE0BDD4D-FBB8-458C-9D80-86333BF3B7C3

Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy DE0BDD4D-FBB8-458C-9D80-86333BF3B7C3
Looks like you have an insert style bed liner and they have a spray on liner. That’s why it looks different. I thought I heard someone once mention there’s an extra piece of weather stripping to put at the front on beds without a liner insert to level it up with the side rails. Am I misremembering?

Sponsored

Iamstubb

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Do you have spray on bedliner on the bulkhead? It doesn't look quite like mine and that may be the issue. It seems in your case the foam seal that comes with the cover should be mounted across the bulkhead to make the seal and even the fit.

Mdeeter

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
Biomedical tech
Do you have spray on bedliner on the bulkhead? It doesn't look quite like mine and that may be the issue. It seems in your case the foam seal that comes with the cover should be mounted across the bulkhead to make the seal and even the fit.
I will say I didn’t have the seal installed because it keeps flying off lol. But with the seal it still looks a bit off. I’ve gone through three seals and adhesive Primer and it barely sticks. I’m blaming the cold for this.

Iamstubb

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
That looks pretty cool. Is it right that the side panels lift for access? Might be nice with a thinner side panel to provide access to the bed.

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
That looks pretty cool. Is it right that the side panels lift for access? Might be nice with a thinner side panel to provide access to the bed.
Yep, lifts for access. I'm waiting on my gas strut stuff to get in so they stay up.
Sponsored