The Definitive Front Bumper Thread

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Any recommendations for a stubby that will accept the Rubicon Fog lights without having to buy adapters or other fog light housings?
I ran the Warn stubby on my last JT and JKU. Factory led fogs mounted up without issue. Not sure about availability right now. I attempted to get one for the Mojave but in Canada vendors stopped selling them because they were made with Russian steel.
Sponsored

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT, 2020 Ram 2500, 2013 JKU
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
My new front bumper was delivered yesterday. Hoping to get it installed next weekend when it cools off some

51495B7E-90DF-419E-9006-8BE74C8DD706.jpeg

Vanishing Point

First Name
Ernest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician
Quadratec Brute Aluminum full length winch bumper. Sherpa winch and synthetic manilla rope.

20220823_174802.jpg

20220823_175759.jpg

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT, 2020 Ram 2500, 2013 JKU
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
Quadratec Brute Aluminum full length winch bumper. Sherpa winch and synthetic manilla rope.

Jeep Gladiator The Definitive Front Bumper Thread 20220823_175759

Jeep Gladiator The Definitive Front Bumper Thread 20220823_175759
Nice bumper! Thatā€™s a LOT of cooling capacity blockage with that rope tho

Vanishing Point

First Name
Ernest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician
Nice bumper! Thatā€™s a LOT of cooling capacity blockage with that rope tho
Definitely not at low speed or at idle.

At high speed? I'm not a fluid dynamicist but I'm guessing that Jeep engine is not marginally cooled. I'm guessing the Jeep engineers anticipated Jeep owners doing weird stuff. It looks like the rope/bull bar could cause a low pressure area ahead of the grill at high speed. But I don't tow and I've noticed no change in engine temperature.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Sponsored

cj8scrambler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR MT Sarge Green
Any recommendations for a stubby that will accept the Rubicon Fog lights without having to buy adapters or other fog light housings?
I just installed a Smittybilt Gen2 XRC. My Rubicon halogen fog lights would have fit, but I changed to some after-market LED fogs. It comes with adapters for different styles of fogs and can even take a cube light.
Jeep Gladiator The Definitive Front Bumper Thread PXL_20220821_184518409

Last edited:

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
Two of our most popular winch bumpers are the Motobilt Crusher series and the LoD Destroyer series bumpers.

Motobilt Crusher Series Front Bumper w/ Bull Bar: https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...tobilt-crusher-series-front-bumper-w-bull-bar

LOD Destroyer Series Front Bumper: https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...y-front-bumper-w-bull-bar-black-powder-coated

On the more high-end spectrum are the AEV EX & RX bumpers:
AEV EX full-width Front Winch Bumper: Front Bumper: https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/front-bumpers/12301200aa-aev-ex-standard-corner-front-bumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
RN
Hey Bud, not sure a local shop handled the bumper and winch install for me ... i can look into somethung or take photos just let me know happy to help if I can

I haven't switched my rear bumper yet ...
I ended up putting a jack under the bumper with the nuts and bolts loose. It pushed it up just enough for everything to clear. No mod needed.

Lovin the RR HD set. I'll post pics this weekend.

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™d like to install some different halogen fog lights in my QRC bumper. I wonder if any harnesses come with the lights so I donā€™t have to transfer my OEM one? Selling old bumper complete. Donā€™t have a programmer for conflicts switching to LEDs.

Sponsored

HereWeGo

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I'm about to order this one!! What is the view from the front trail cam? Is that an EVO or Zeon? How was the winch fit?

slim chance

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi JTA, 23 Ram Laramie 1500, 21 Nacho JTF
Occupation
retired

juareze16

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I'm about to order this one!! What is the view from the front trail cam? Is that an EVO or Zeon? How was the winch fit?
I don't have a front trail cam so i cant help you out with the view. It's a VR EVO 12-S, PN:103255 . I installed the winch before putting on the bumper making it a little tougher to tighten the bolts to attach the bumper to the Jeep. Installing the winch wile installing the bumper is another option but from what i've read thats also a little difficult. Also the bolts that came with the winch were ether too long or too short ( it came with 2 diff length bolts) so couldn't use the washers provided. The cord set for the winch rubes on the front grill, tight fit. I seen people moving the cord set to the side of the winch but that was too much work for me. I don't mind the rubbing, it is what it is. I like the way it looks so i'm happy with it.

slim chance

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi JTA, 23 Ram Laramie 1500, 21 Nacho JTF
Occupation
retired
got the new QRC full width bumper from @Quadratec ... ordered 11/1/22 at 5pm and was delivered 11/3/22 at 2 pm .... very fast ... packaging was perfect ... bumper is just what i wanted ... Kaylee @Quadratec was super ... stock plastic bumper is a challenge, seem like it's weight is in the MANY bolts and screws .... i have eye problems so it to my wife and me about 2 hrs to remove and take apart the stock bumper .... that's done and today for the QRC install

Sarg1stClass

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
RN
FabFours stubby, need to add the Terraflex level kit next.

Jeep Gladiator The Definitive Front Bumper Thread 20220601_153213_resized
Nice looking build you have! Do you mind sharing who makes those fenders? And are those rock sliders or side steps (and where can I find them), love the way those look!
Sponsored