Sponsored

The joys of being a Canadian with a JT

Rulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLA 250, Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Finally found a bed rack I like, but the cost to ship is brutal, I'm in Canada. Reached out to @Max Modular on Facebook asking if they had a vendor in Canada I could use to grab it. Didn't even want to entertain me.

Gah, anyone have any alternatives that look like the Max Modular one for the Gladiator?

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 12.50.46 PM.png
Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Road trip!

I recently drove 2,000 rt over five days from Atlanta to San Antonio and back to have my JT inspected and registered. Make an adventure out of it!

Any excuse to drive!

OP
OP

Rulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hahaha, funny you say that. I just mentioned to the wife we need to head to the States for a vacay. If she bites, I'll be heading down for sure.

She just booked Backstreet Boys tickets @ $500 for their tour in Vancouver. Pretty sure she has to say yes now.

011Crmn

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Gator
Finally found a bed rack I like, but the cost to ship is brutal, I'm in Canada. Reached out to @Max Modular on Facebook asking if they had a vendor in Canada I could use to grab it. Didn't even want to entertain me.

Gah, anyone have any alternatives that look like the Max Modular one for the Gladiator?

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 12.50.46 PM.png
I'm in the same boat as you. Check out this shipping outlet in Montana, there are two locations. I haven't used their services personally yet but a friend of mine has and only has good things to say
https://www.montanashipping.com/

OP
OP

Rulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in the same boat as you. Check out this shipping outlet in Montana, there are two locations. I haven't used their services personally yet but a friend of mine has and only has good things to say
https://www.montanashipping.com/
no way! This is perfect. I’m only a few hours north of Montana!

You rock!

Sponsored

011Crmn

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Gator
no way! This is perfect. I’m only a few hours north of Montana!

You rock!
I'm in Calgary too. I like the MaxModular because you can use hte factory tonneau cover with it. I'm just trying to figure out how to add cross bars to carry SUPs without it costing as much as the rack itself

OP
OP

Rulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea, it’s the right height, works with the factory cover and looks awesome.

I haven’t seen another JT on the road here yet, make sure you beep your horn if you see me.

Alaska-HWY JK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon LJ 2007 JKU 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
I would talk to Stan or Marcill at Northridge 4X4 in Ponoka. Fairly close to you. I’ve been buying all my Jeep parts for the last 10 years from them.

OP
OP

Rulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$425 Canadian

Sponsored

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Agreed about things being crazy up here price wise. It certainly does suck. Don’t see many JT’s at all, ppl stare at mine, even take pics, it’s kinda funny.

OP
OP

Rulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
haha yea, it get's quite a few looks. Not that I mind though. The price conversion from US to CAD isn't that much of an issue, it's the cost to get it up here. Northridge 4x4 and 4WheelParts have some good stuff. But they don't have everything. No ICON shocks, no metalcloak suspension. You can get by with the other stuff. It's just the things in the US are nicer.

That Max Modular rack is gorgeous. But at 1700-2000 Canadian, it just doesn't make sense.

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
haha yea, it get's quite a few looks. Not that I mind though. The price conversion from US to CAD isn't that much of an issue, it's the cost to get it up here. Northridge 4x4 and 4WheelParts have some good stuff. But they don't have everything. No ICON shocks, no metalcloak suspension. You can get by with the other stuff. It's just the things in the US are nicer.

That Max Modular rack is gorgeous. But at 1700-2000 Canadian, it just doesn't make sense.
Wow that is pricey!

I used Northridge4x4 a lot in the past but for the last JKU and the JT I ordered my JKS lift from northshore off-road in BC. The lift with geometry correction and Fox shocks was under 2k with tax and shipped to Ontario.