Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
I still have my free oil changes to use, I am actually sitting at the dealership getting one now, I will for sure ask them what it costs for you, and I just got the tires on yesterday. They're going to recalibrate for the 37s since I don't have the Tazer yet so I'll keep you posted on that. I'm not going to Jeep Beach I'm leaving for Texas then Mexico on Monday so I will be able to dial in my MPGs on the trip. I will be at jeep fest in August though.
16186620036646743002265169848185.jpg
Great, I’m seriously considering trading in my rubicon for a diesel rubicon. Not buying it solely for mpgs but it’s be nice to know there is a considerable improvement over my 35s and 15.6mpg. Appreciate the check for oil change costs too!
Sponsored

OdieFL

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Gladiator Eco Diesel
Occupation
CNC Programming
Great, I’m seriously considering trading in my rubicon for a diesel rubicon. Not buying it solely for mpgs but it’s be nice to know there is a considerable improvement over my 35s and 15.6mpg. Appreciate the check for oil change costs too!
My 60 mile trip after resetting my trip computer and tire size calibration. Cruise set at 70mph on interstate 75. Holds 8th gear fine and plenty of torque off the line and passing.
Jeep Gladiator The last Gladiator Tailgate Badge You Will Ever Need! 20210417_103802

Timdog

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT
Took off the Hauk gladiator letters today & what a PITA!! Jeep letters were a breeze to remove compared to the Hauk’s

Rgr1283

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Got mine done today and boy the letters are top notch. Also, I managed to remove the camera from the bezel. I used a screw driver meant for glasses from my local dollar store and it required a little extra pressure but came out pretty easy. It made wrapping the bezel much easier but clipping the bezel back onto the tailgate a little tricky because of the extra layer of vinyl. When installing the badge I used a washable marker, from my kids collection, to mark a line with a level 3 3/4 inches above the camera bezel. Then placed the first letter, I , in the center and leveled that. Then placed the next letter with the spacer included and leveled that with the first letter and did the same with the rest. Even though I think the cardboard cutout method would be easier for most , this option only took 30 min once I decided how to proceed.

Jeep Gladiator The last Gladiator Tailgate Badge You Will Ever Need! 20210423_123038

Jeep Gladiator The last Gladiator Tailgate Badge You Will Ever Need! 20210423_122303

Jeep Gladiator The last Gladiator Tailgate Badge You Will Ever Need! 20210423_122218

20210423_232759.jpg

20210423_230633.jpg

20210423_170302.jpg

20210423_172758.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Got mine done today and boy the letters are top notch. Also, I managed to remove the camera from the bezel. I used a screw driver meant for glasses from my local dollar store and it required a little extra pressure but came out pretty easy. It made wrapping the bezel much easier but clipping the bezel back onto the tailgate a little tricky because of the extra layer of vinyl. When installing the badge I used a washable marker, from my kids collection, to mark a line with a level 3 3/4 inches above the camera bezel. Then placed the first letter, I , in the center and leveled that. Then placed the next letter with the spacer included and leveled that with the first letter and did the same with the rest. Even though I think the cardboard cutout method would be easier for most , this option only took 30 min once I decided how to proceed.

Jeep Gladiator The last Gladiator Tailgate Badge You Will Ever Need! 20210423_172758

Jeep Gladiator The last Gladiator Tailgate Badge You Will Ever Need! 20210423_172758

Looks good. As a baseline, what is your measurement from the bottom of the I to the top of the camera bezel?

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
I ended up going with 3/4"
Thanks. I'm thinking about using the "I" as a starting point and going out in each direction. Using painters tape doubled up for a top line and the 1/2 spacer. The only snafu I see is with the A and O on either side of the T.

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Looks great!
Question: Where you able to salvage the "JEEP" emblems when using the heat gun? I am thinking of repurposing them and stick em inside the bed of the jeep with new emblem adhesive
I'm interested in saving the Jeep letters, too and did some "you tubing" and found a great idea on saving them. You still gently use the heat gun, but instead of prying them off with a tool, you saw them using dental floss..... Not too crazy about this guys idea of removing the adhesive residue, but the floss was a great idea. Check it out.....

Sponsored

Rgr1283

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Thanks. I'm thinking about using the "I" as a starting point and going out in each direction. Using painters tape doubled up for a top line and the 1/2 spacer. The only snafu I see is with the A and O on either side of the T.

FYI because of the shape of the tailgate my letters didn't land exactly on the line but leveling with one another made sure I had a straight line. Also, use your spacer on the left and right arm of the T to get the correct spacing with the A and O.

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
It may have already been mentioned but if you wrap the tailgate do you remove the vinyl before installing the letters? Or just place them on top of the vinyl?