Wicknalter

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Little Friday project. The return of useable bed space! Before I had my full size spare strapped to the floor of the bed. Hated taking my spare in and out even for small stuff.

Installed Mopar Trail rails, Builtright front molle panel and last but not least a DV8 Vertical bed side tire mount.

Really wanted the AEV vertical tire mount but my patience ran thin after being strung along for 3 months waiting for it. Overall I’m extremely pleased with the outcome.

The first picture is the before

A752B31C-0623-4055-B82E-9AEB45763057.jpeg

61E4EEB1-4E8A-4A5A-AC72-2434E6C3B32E.jpeg

F6AD6321-6EBF-40ED-91B7-922E3A626EFE.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wicknalter

Wicknalter

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
What size tire?
35”. Almost at its lowest setting bet you could squeeze a 40” with the mount. It has all sorts of adjustments that you can make.

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Looks great man. Just a question, if it’s a 35, why not mount it in the factory location if it was taking up bed space ? Or was it mainly for the aesthetic?
Little Friday project. The return of useable bed space! Before I had my full size spare strapped to the floor of the bed. Hated taking my spare in and out even for small stuff.

Installed Mopar Trail rails, Builtright front molle panel and last but not least a DV8 Vertical bed side tire mount.

Really wanted the AEV vertical tire mount but my patience ran thin after being strung along for 3 months waiting for it. Overall I’m extremely pleased with the outcome.

A752B31C-0623-4055-B82E-9AEB45763057.jpeg

61E4EEB1-4E8A-4A5A-AC72-2434E6C3B32E.jpeg

F6AD6321-6EBF-40ED-91B7-922E3A626EFE.jpeg

Sponsored

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I thought 35’s will fit in the factory spare location...?

OP
OP
Wicknalter

Wicknalter

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great man. Just a question, if it’s a 35, why not mount it in the factory location if it was taking up bed space ? Or was it mainly for the aesthetic?
I nearly punctured it twice in one day with it mounted beneath. It hangs quite a bit lower than the hitch when fully inflated. My spare has a nasty rash from scraping over a rock as well.
Also thought it kind of looked cool. I know it’s not for everyone.

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Makes sense. I can understand that. I’m running my 37 under my bed no issues right now. I was debating getting the AEV bed mount because I like the look of it but it just takes up too much bed space.

[

QUOTE="Wicknalter, post: 682561, member: 34133"]
I nearly punctured it twice in one day with it mounted beneath. It hangs quite a bit lower than the hitch when fully inflated. My spare has a nasty rash from scraping over a rock as well.
[/QUOTE]

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wicknalter

Wicknalter

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Makes sense. I can understand that. I’m running my 37 under my bed no issues right now. I was debating getting the AEV bed mount because I like the look of it but it just takes up too much bed space.

[

QUOTE="Wicknalter, post: 682561, member: 34133"]
[/QUOTE]

I wanted the Aev one badly. The great thing about either mount is two bolts and unscrew the upper carrier and the tire is out. I have a trailer for when I need to carry anything larger than the bed.

Speedy_12139

First Name
Kenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500, 2011 BMW 335i, (Potental) '21 Rubicon
Occupation
Construction & Renovations
What traction mats are those? have a link to them? They look like they fit perfectly between the wheel arches!

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Gladiator The Return Of Usable Bed Space! F6AD6321-6EBF-40ED-91B7-922E3A626EFE

Jeep Gladiator The Return Of Usable Bed Space! F6AD6321-6EBF-40ED-91B7-922E3A626EFE

It doesn't take very long to fill up the bed on a JT (see below). The thing I like most about Jeeps and Jeep people is that they overcome and adapt to whatever the situation is. I believe this is why so many Vet's are drawn to this brand. Whatever serves the need for the individual on their particular vehicle is what's best, thus affording us the opportunity to look at, marvel at, and copy from they accomplished to overcome and or adapt to what their need was. In Jeepin, there is no one size fits all, and individuality gets shared on an equal basis.
Jeep Gladiator The Return Of Usable Bed Space! JT bed 3
Jeep Gladiator The Return Of Usable Bed Space! JT bed 3

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
I like it. I don't like how low my tire hangs down, but I love my tonneau cover!
I have a 37" tire stuffed in the factory spare mount. I may throw it in the bed or leave it in camp on off road adventures. One or two weekends a month at best spring through fall.

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
I went with a 35/10.5 Kenda to keep the spare tucked up. Had a 37 that I always kept strapped down in the back of my Powerwagon. It took up a substantial amount of bedspace and was a PITA to always have to move around or take in and out of the bed.

Looks like you found what works for you. I think a silver lining to getting the one you did vs AEV is that you have some vision out the rear window compared to mounting the tire horizontally and totally blocking the rear glass.
Sponsored