Sponsored

The tough thing about reading too much about Wenches.

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
I think it’s better to KISS with your wench.
Like so?
Ah, gotta be Mature to watch it.🤣 Go ahead and click.
Sponsored

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Neighbor’s wench got some new bolt ons

I kinda want my wench to do that mod

OP
OP
OVERLORD

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Delivered on a Sunday?

By a winsome wench?

I laughed when she got out of the truck, and I commented ....................

"You have no idea how appropriate this delivery is!"

She looked uncomfortable by me saying that, handed me the package, and walked back to her truck, checking over her shoulder.

I have that effect on winsome wenches.

Shockingly fast shipping, as they said it might be delayed. Delivered by a winsome wench! Great instructions. Hope it works, so far quite happy.

12V 500 AMP Unversal Winch Solenoid Relay Contactor For HEAVY DUTY UPGRADE AL... | eBay

Jeep Gladiator The tough thing about reading too much about Wenches. 1655661657213

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Delivered on a Sunday?

By a winsome wench?

I laughed when she got out of the truck, and I commented ....................

"You have no idea how appropriate this delivery is!"

She looked uncomfortable by me saying that, handed me the package, and walked back to her truck, checking over her shoulder.

I have that effect on winsome wenches.

Shockingly fast shipping, as they said it might be delayed. Delivered by a winsome wench! Great instructions. Hope it works, so far quite happy.

12V 500 AMP Unversal Winch Solenoid Relay Contactor For HEAVY DUTY UPGRADE AL... | eBay

Jeep Gladiator The tough thing about reading too much about Wenches. 1655661657213
bet this was not the actual picture of delivery gal

Sponsored

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
OP
OP
OVERLORD

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installation looks to be pretty straight forward.

Nice instructions.

Green Wire Six should go to the under hood accessory lead, I'm thinking switch three.

As there is no ground coming from the accessory switch, I'm thinking the Black Number Five wire would simply go to chassis ground.

What say you?

Once again thanks for your help with my wench!

Jeep Gladiator The tough thing about reading too much about Wenches. Scan_0007

Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Overlord what exactly are you trying to do? This thread is getting lost cause of poor spelling and beer I assume, but do not switch your negative/ground lead to winch it does nothing to help and adds four failure points to your wiring, the two contacts and two connections instead of just running the negative to battery direct. Also your wiring directions might be great but your switch circuit has two switch leads and also a ground connection to the ground of solenoid. Please for the love of God bench test this wiring. I never trust cheap stuff or instructions with poor English. You should have a single break solenoid as you already have the winch solenoid that is on your winch and your plan was to interrupt the power to the winch solenoid so there is no power there all the time….right?
Or is this thread about beer and wenches?…..Jack

Last edited:
OP
OP
OVERLORD

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overlord what exactly are you trying to do? This thread is getting lost cause of poor spelling and beer I assume, but do not switch your negative/ground lead to winch it does nothing to help and adds four failure points to your wiring, the two contacts and two connections instead of just running the negative to battery direct. Also your wiring directions might great but your switch circuit has two switch leads and also a ground connection to the ground of solenoid. Please for the love of God bench test this wiring. I never trust cheap stuff or instructions with poor English. You should have a single break solenoid as you already have the winch solenoid that is on your winch and your plan was to interrupt the power to the winch solenoid so there is no power there all the time….right?
Or is this thread about beer and wenches?…..Jack
Poor Spelling?

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Yup apparently my poor spelling I misspelled it winch! Just hot wire that wench however ya think will spin the wench the right way! Ha……Jack

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Installation looks to be pretty straight forward.

Nice instructions.

Green Wire Six should go to the under hood accessory lead, I'm thinking switch three.

As there is no ground coming from the accessory switch, I'm thinking the Black Number Five wire would simply go to chassis ground.

What say you?

Once again thanks for your help with my wench!

Jeep Gladiator The tough thing about reading too much about Wenches. 1655826417145
What the heck - that thing breaks both ground AND power to the wench, uh, sorry, winch?
Seriously?
Your winch will be grounded not only by the black negative cable from the winch to the top of the IBS on the crank battery, but believe it or not, at lease in my case, the winch is still grounded through the winch plate to the frame to the body even when I pull that black cable off the battery.
I only break the power cable going out to the winch.

OK, if you run that via a switch and it's a "solenoid" (more properly a damn heavy relay) then you need power to the relay coil - from the switch, and the other side of the relay coil goes to a good ground on the body/chassis.

So that beast looks like a DPST relay - double pole (one for pos, one for neg) single throw (meaning off or on, no other connection)
When the coil is powered it closes the contacts.
You need switched power to the relay coil, and ground to the other side of the relay coil.

In this image, the relay coil is on the far left.

Jeep Gladiator The tough thing about reading too much about Wenches. 1655996168163

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Bill, not sure about that , there are two switch leads, and you can see the small ground lug on the ground connection, this is a universal WINCH contactor, not just a on /off solenoid which should be reversing with in and out control. I'm not really too comfortable with the wiring diagram. He really needs to prove that digram with a meter before putting 400 amps potential through it.....Jack
Sponsored