First Name
Elisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
U.S. Army Retired
My DD214 Says I ate crayons, lemon flavored is my favorite.
Jesus, you could at least go with the “drank the water at Camp LeJune” narrative.

Crayons aren’t overly toxic, and you’re gonna be screwed under the new Pact Act.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Cracked_Windshield

First Name
Elisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
U.S. Army Retired
What's shitty about it? Feels like or better than the one in my Ram...
That’s getting into the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree stuff.

What’s bad about the Jeep turn signal lever? The cheap-azz made arm that appears to be getting used across their lineup, no matter the cost of the vehicle, is small and stiff.

I don’t want to get crude, but it’s like a micro-penis in a real man’s world.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Cracked_Windshield

First Name
Elisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
U.S. Army Retired
Sadly I was a west coast marine, but did go to Parris Island so not a Hollywood marine.
And that’s okay, because everyone who served honorably played some important role in making it all happen everyday, which is incredibly complex. The guy who loaded drums of agent orange in Gulfport, Mississippi likely got the same toxic exposure as the marines in the jungle.

I refuse to get anywhere near the VFW because of that moral superiority junk (my service was more notable and tougher than yours) seeping off the bar stools.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
As an investigator, you no doubt know that plenty of the so-called “quiet ones” have learned that behavioral trait, right? They even use it on the pathway to their disability claim with the VA. A lot of “I don’t want to talk about it, seen bad stuff,“ jive.

Then you get to the harsh truth. People like me had them mopping sunshine off the grass, or they were scrubbing bugs off the windows of planes before they got booted. Or like today’s headlines, all those wannabe Navy Seals who ended up chipping paint.

And lots of women have 100% disability ratings, some men too. Not because they were in the thick of the sh*t, but because they got raped by bozos that should never have been let in, etc.

So military service at face value means nothing. What’s on your DD214 tells the story.
Yeah, I just bet you experienced lots of that "Jive". As for what's on a DD214, you could fill a vault with what's NOT on a DD214. You're starting to sound like a company clerk..... What I really want to know is just exactly what your problem is? PTSD or PMS, or.........

OP
OP

Cracked_Windshield

First Name
Elisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
U.S. Army Retired
Yeah, I just bet you experienced lots of that "Jive". As for what's on a DD214, you could fill a vault with what's NOT on a DD214. You're starting to sound like a company clerk..... What I really want to know is just exactly what your problem is? PTSD or PMS, or.........
I admit to being remiss with that statement, I was waiting for another jab from you to add the rest.

I should have said what’s on your DD214 or in your medical records tells the story. And your microfiche or however they’re keeping records nowadays.

Sometimes it’s a sad narrative. I still recall reading news about guys who saw tough duty in Iraq, etc., developed PTSD at least partly because of it, started acting out, bad behavior, drugs, alcohol, and then got denied bennies from the VA because of the bad behavior.

But as I understand it, the VA has recently been working to get them help and benefits, like they deserve.

Thank you for your service, BTW.

I don’t pass myself off as one of the nation’s heroes. I merely did my enlisted job while serving in positions up to E8, for low pay.

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
What’s Vegas got to do with this conversation?

The worst roads in this country are where it snows.

Potholes and really bad roads are quite rare here where the palm trees are swaying sensually in the endless sunshine.
That was an incredible response. It explained a lot.

Thank you!

In turn, I’ll share my takeaway stuff.

Until I ran across the term death wobble in here, it was never a part of my lexicon. But as you explained, it’s extremely rare, and if you’re unfortunate enough to experience it, the fault is basically your own. Either you made an extreme modification to the vehicle, or you’re not doing or getting the proper suspension maintenance.

So for me the thing snowballed. I came across threads mentioning death wobble and developed ungrounded fears of it.

Also interesting is how the topic was used to instill uncertainty about it regarding my new vehicle purchase as a means to take a dig at me. The “you’re just as likely to get it in your Ford too,” remarks. When that isn’t true or likely all.

So thank you again!
Tell me you didn’t research this topic at all without saying you didn’t research this at all…

https://www.terrybryant.com/houston...=The death wobble is a,or grooves in the road.

https://thelemonfirm.com/2019/12/13/be-afraid-be-very-afraid-of-the-ford-super-duty-death-wobble/

75BE2480-2B91-4718-BCA4-B639C5FB90A2.png

OP
OP

Cracked_Windshield

First Name
Elisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
U.S. Army Retired
There’s probably hundreds of thousands of Super Duty trucks on the road. And you had the entire WWW at your fingertips. And that’s all you came up with?

Some guy’s personal website, a law firm fishing for new clients, and several forum posts.

That’s your evidence?

🍿

Sponsored

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
lol you can also clearly read but maybe not beyond the attention span of a goldfish.

E57AFA28-2C87-48B1-827A-AC4F3F148481.png

OP
OP

Cracked_Windshield

First Name
Elisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
U.S. Army Retired
Yeah, well, wake me up when 60 Minutes or Consumer Reports is on the case, gumshoe.

OP
OP

Cracked_Windshield

First Name
Elisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
U.S. Army Retired
lol you can also clearly read but maybe not beyond the attention span of a goldfish.
When I was in the service department getting my first one back in October, the service advisors were gathered around laughing about a business screaming bloody murder about being denied warranty repairs.

I overheard them talking about how truck last had an oil change in like 2016.

How many of those types of folks are self-reporting their behavior in Internet forums?

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Ooooohhhh this is like throwing catnip in front of a brain damaged cat…he wont be able to resist…must rip apart…..must must….

Here boy…here boy!!! Got get it Cracked_Windshield!!!!! Here boy!!! Here boy!!!!

Only goes through 2019 models since that when it was filed. The suit is still alive due to court in March. I am sure 2020 plus owners are like….let me in! Let me in!

https://www.classaction.org/news/fo...ension-steering-defects-in-f-250-f-350-models

OP
OP

Cracked_Windshield

First Name
Elisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
U.S. Army Retired
Status