They’re Still Trying To Sell My 2022 Diesel Rubicon

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
So you viciously ripped into me about my negotiating skills and now you want me to walk into a dealership and say “I can’t get anyone to buy my truck?” And “but there’s nothing wrong with that,” I should add.

Does that summarize the conversation?
No. Not even close.

He's saying there were more tools available you were unaware of, and then provided them to you so you can take a look at them in the future. He was trying to help, like so many others in this thread.

That's all. Don't make it into more than it is.

Regardless of that, I would agree your negotiating skills were not great in this deal, no matter the tools used in the process. But it got you the truck you wanted, so there's something to be said there.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Cracked_Windshield

First Name
Elisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
U.S. Army Retired
No. Not even close.

He's saying there were more tools available you were unaware of, and then provided them to you so you can take a look at them in the future. He was trying to help, like so many others in this thread.

That's all. Don't make it into more than it is.

Regardless of that, I would agree your negotiating skills were not great in this deal, no matter the tools used in the process. But it got you the truck you wanted, so there's something to be said there.
Criticism with no solution, wise one?

What would you have done better?

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Criticism with no solution, wise one?

What would you have done better?
I think many other people in this thread have already said it better than I can here. You can re-read it to learn, if you're actually here to learn. If you're just trying to argue, though, you won't. And it's pretty obvious you're here just to argue.

OP
OP

Cracked_Windshield

First Name
Elisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
U.S. Army Retired
I think many other people in this thread have already said it better than I can here. You can re-read it to learn, if you're actually here to learn. If you're just trying to argue, though, you won't. And it's pretty obvious you're here just to argue.
So I call you out for an answer and you defer to others?

Then play it off as I’m just trying to argue?

This is wash, rinse, repeat with you guys.

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 2021 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator LE
Sorry for being "vicious", lol. If you'd call me that, I'd probably be inclined to call you thin-skinned and lacking self-confidence. But, that might be a bit presumptuous and rude.

Criticism on how someone mishandled a deal and advice on how to do better is not attacking. It doesn't come from a place of anger or hate... it's trying to point out what wasn't optimal and how to do better in the future. This is a sub forum dedicated or helping people get good deals. Showing and sharing tools and advice.

But anyway. There are sites that can give you ideas for what your vehicle is worth. No one would say you should go into a dealer and tell them you have no idea what your trade is worth. There are tools out there to find out what it is worth. At this moment, no one YAA works with is interested in buying your old truck. I'm not going to do the market research (after the fact) that you should have done before your deal... just to prove it is possible to get trade/value offers before going into a dealership. That's nonsensical. Heck, even if you just email a bunch of dealers in your area and ask them what they'd give you for your trade. They will be happy to give you offers.

Again, I'm trying to help you the next time around. I think a lot of other people are as well.

If you're happy with your new truck and your deal... what's this all about anyway? Just enjoy it and move on with your life.

Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I call you out for an answer and you defer to others?

Then play it off as I’m just trying to argue?

This is wash, rinse, repeat with you guys.
Ok here's the deal. You keep bringing up things already covered, trying to spin it different every time you do. It seems like you're doing this because you think that continuing to talk means you're "winning" or "hold your own with the guys" or something similar. You aren't actually comprehending what's being conveyed here, and it shows. Your goal is apparently to just drag everyone around in circles over and over until we all just give up and you can then say you "won".

This isn't a competition. If you stopped treating it like one, you might find that those here are actually decent human being looking to help each other out. You need to get out of that mindset that it's you vs. everyone.

Why can't you recognize the help and advice that's being given as just that? Why are you constantly taking everything as a personal slight against you? Why do you think each end every sentence is a battle? It isn't. None of us are taking it that way. Only you are.

You got the truck you wanted and will make you happier. Great. Nothing beyond that really matters, does it? If you really care about analyzing your deal we can do that. But I don't think you are. I think you're more focused on proving yourself to everyone on your way out the door.

OP
OP

Cracked_Windshield

First Name
Elisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
U.S. Army Retired
Ok here's the deal. You keep bringing up things already covered, trying to spin it different every time you do. It seems like you're doing this because you think that continuing to talk means you're "winning" or "hold your own with the guys" or something similar. You aren't actually comprehending what's being conveyed here, and it shows. Your goal is apparently to just drag everyone around in circles over and over until we all just give up and you can then say you "won".

This isn't a competition. If you stopped treating it like one, you might find that those here are actually decent human being looking to help each other out. You need to get out of that mindset that it's you vs. everyone.

Why can't you recognize the help and advice that's being given as just that? Why are you constantly taking everything as a personal sleight against you? Why do you think each end every sentence is a battle? It isn't. None of us are taking it that way. Only you are.

You got the truck you wanted and will make you happier. Great. Nothing beyond that really matters, does it? If you really care about analyzing your deal we can do that. But I don't think you are. I think you're more focused on proving yourself to everyone on your way out the door.
So along with the alleged advice, I get this stuff in addition to getting directed to a paywall: “I'd probably be inclined to call you thin-skinned and lacking self-confidence. But, that might be a bit presumptuous and rude,” and I‘m the problem, right?

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why can't you recognize the help and advice that's being given as just that?

You got the truck you wanted and will make you happier. Great. Nothing beyond that really matters, does it?
Honestly, this^^^^^

People here genuinely want to help others. Enjoy the new truck and move on.

People often put some puns/pokes/jokes in the banter when replying. It's kinda of part of the game. It can be difficult to interpret intentions on a message board. I certainly wasn't attempting to be "vicious" in my reply and am genuinely sorry if it made you feel that way. My reply to you was in jest and trying to add some humor back into the conversation.

That said, I'm going for a run and anticipate this being another 15 pages by the time I get back :LOL::jk:

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So along with the alleged advice, I get this stuff in addition to getting directed to a paywall: “I'd probably be inclined to call you thin-skinned and lacking self-confidence. But, that might be a bit presumptuous and rude,” and I‘m the problem, right?
I think you just proved my point here:
I think you're more focused on proving yourself to everyone on your way out the door.
Thanks.

OP
OP

Cracked_Windshield

First Name
Elisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
U.S. Army Retired
I think you just proved my point here:

Thanks.
A good question is what value did you bring to the discussion?

You deferred to others when I passed the microphone to you during this training.

Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A good question is what value did you bring to the discussion?
And now you proved this point I made:
You aren't actually comprehending what's being conveyed here, and it shows. Your goal is apparently to just drag everyone around in circles over and over until we all just give up and you can then say you "won".
Thanks again.

OP
OP

Cracked_Windshield

First Name
Elisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
U.S. Army Retired
And now you proved this point I made:

Thanks again.
I won’t agree to disagree.

The folks I’ve taken around in circles had their positions and points severely degraded upon examination.

And the guy who claims I’m trying to win and score points keeps pointing out how he’s supposedly winning and scoring points.

Again, what is YOUR value?

Other than gaslighting and insinuating that I have ADD?

77badriand

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2017 Jeep JK
Stock before anything i had bump steer and was scared to run too fast.

I put evo lift on with 37's got upper and lower control arms , change steering stabilzer out to fox and track bar out to rancho. I can run 80/85 down road with one hand on wheel and don't worry about bumps, hit em and keep on trucking.

I agree from factory road like dog $ now i have no worries in it.

Night and day difference from stock the way used to drive.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you visualize your spineless self in a theater full of men that kill America’s enemies for a living?

I sure can. And it’s not pretty.
Whoa. What the hell. Are you serious? Why on earth would you say this. Why insinuate I would get killed.

I would never, ever, say this to anyone. What an inhumane comment.

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What the actual f#$k!

Time for this thread to go away.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.