Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Some PDF viewers will read the PDF version to you. It's also searchable!
Drop the file on Microsoft Edge (or certain Apple products) and it will read the owner's manual to you.

Jeep Gladiator Things you don't notice at first - Or for a while 1651378903448

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Thirteen months and over 13k miles and this morning I noticed for the first time ""Since 1941" pops up where the gear indicator by the tach is at start up.

Reminded me of a few months ago just noticing that when you change the climate controls the little icon on the display changes depending on where you have the air flowing.

Yeah I'm real observant. LOL

There's a lot of these little things that initially go unnoticed with a Jeep.... Like if you're driving to work on a chilly wet morning, and a small car pulls suddenly in front of you, you can drive completely over it and not spill your coffee. Then if you put it in reverse, you can see the driver of the car getting rescued by the fire department without having to brave the cold, and... you can capture it all on your Jeep Uconnect for later viewing... I love my Jeep

The Welsh Griffin

First Name
TBone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Work in an Oven

K-Dog

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Healthcare
There's a lot of these little things that initially go unnoticed with a Jeep.... Like if you're driving to work on a chilly wet morning, and a small car pulls suddenly in front of you, you can drive completely over it and not spill your coffee. Then if you put it in reverse, you can see the driver of the car getting rescued by the fire department without having to brave the cold, and... you can capture it all on your Jeep Uconnect for later viewing... I love my Jeep
šŸ¤”

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
It's insane to me that people will spend 40, 50, 60k on a truck, and not wanna know anything about it. And some of you will even take an offensive stance like "reading? What are you a nerd?" Absolutely baffling.

Also the "no time" is such a lie. You probably spent 2 completely unproductive hours shopping for unnecessary fishing gear/trying to 100% a game/ window shopping a lift you'll probably never do LAST NIGHT alone.

As for the "my car salesman showed me everything" crowd. Definitely not. In 2008 a good delivery process on a base model nissan altima took me 20-30 minutes depending on questions. All my colleagues would do deliveries in 2 minutes or less. Worked with a lot of salesmen, and not a single one explained new cars the way I did. As a car salesmen I also became the defacto family car buyer, so I've part of a lot of buys on the buyers side well beyond all the cars I've bought. Salesmen don't know shit about what they are selling. To an offensive degree.

My mother's KIA Seltos, the salesman was fumbling so bad with the infotainment I just started delivering the car for the dude. He goes "wow, you must have one of these" I responded "never been in this car before in my life, just following common sense vehicle design"

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
It's insane to me that people will spend 40, 50, 60k on a truck, and not wanna know anything about it. And some of you will even take an offensive stance like "reading? What are you a nerd?" Absolutely baffling.

Also the "no time" is such a lie. You probably spent 2 completely unproductive hours shopping for unnecessary fishing gear/trying to 100% a game/ window shopping a lift you'll probably never do LAST NIGHT alone.

As for the "my car salesman showed me everything" crowd. Definitely not. In 2008 a good delivery process on a base model nissan altima took me 20-30 minutes depending on questions. All my colleagues would do deliveries in 2 minutes or less. Worked with a lot of salesmen, and not a single one explained new cars the way I did. As a car salesmen I also became the defacto family car buyer, so I've part of a lot of buys on the buyers side well beyond all the cars I've bought. Salesmen don't know shit about what they are selling. To an offensive degree.

My mother's KIA Seltos, the salesman was fumbling so bad with the infotainment I just started delivering the car for the dude. He goes "wow, you must have one of these" I responded "never been in this car before in my life, just following common sense vehicle design"
šŸ¤£
Jeep Gladiator Things you don't notice at first - Or for a while 1651410983691

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
One of my favorites is the Navigation icon if you have it at the bottom of the 8.4 screen is also a compass! Its shows cardinal directions.
And the maybe lost, never stuck bit on the off road pages.

As for the "my car salesman showed me everything" crowd. Definitely not. In 2008 a good delivery process on a base model nissan altima took me 20-30 minutes depending on questions. All my colleagues would do deliveries in 2 minutes or less.
That's piss-poor business and those doing that don't care about survey results or the customer.
Spencer of Motor Inn will spend whatever it takes to make you familiar with your new purchase. My wife knew her 2018 WK2 very well, but Spencer made sure to point out any minor 2021 differences and that even thought she knew most things, that everything was configured, adjusted, set (seats, mirrors, etc. and saved) before we drove off. He knew product and wanted customers to feel comfortable. Nothing worse than driving away and paying attention trying to figure things out, adjust the seat and mirrors while in traffic.
When I bought my Silverado in 2011, they had a guy that specialized in customer training. You actually couldn't leave the lot with your new truck until you had sat in the truck with him and gone through everything and had your phone paired, radio set up and more. That was his job.
Scott at Stew Hansen - I don't care at all, not one lick for the sales manager and some tactics, but Scott knows his shxx on what he sells. You sit in the Jeep with him while he makes sure everything is paired, configured, adjusted, etc. and when you leave, you know about that Jeep and don't have to fumble adjusting or figuring anything out and if you have a question later - call or email him. He has had the correct answer right away 90% of the time and the rest of the time, he will go back to the shop if it's a tech question and get your answer or have a tech call you.
I've gotten to the point I won't buy from someone who doesn't know enough about what they sell.
It's their duty to not just shove you out the door, but to make sure you drive away knowing what you are driving and having things mostly adjusted, ready to go. I've had two of them tell me FCA rates them on the surveys after the sales and if they get too many low scores, they are knocked down a notch for certain things.
Anyone who does a delivery in 2 minutes is one who should be flipping burgers, not selling cars. It's irresponsible, IMO.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

MikeyK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Teacher
Iā€™ve noticed the engineer that designed the sun visor probably should not get a bonus. Make that hard upper left hand corner a diagonal, and we can push it closer to the windshield (and improve our field of view) and not break so many brackets. No, I have not broken mine šŸ˜‰ (yet).

doc-ketamine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Yā€™all are smug and all, but there is zero reason that someone who works in an unrelated industry would read a user manual cover-to-cover. But thank you for smarmily degrading those who were happy to learn of a feature which is neat. It doesnā€™t push other forum members into feeling that asking questions or sharing excitement will result in being belittled, at all. Definitely not.

And no, I havenā€™t towed, so havenā€™t needed to look in that section of a manual.