Sponsored

Thinking about trading in my Tacoma for a Rubi…

OP
OP
Dryfly24

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Tire pressures may have been different. First place to look.
Two brand new vehicles at the dealer. I can’t imagine the tire pressures would be off by that much.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Two brand new vehicles at the dealer. I can’t imagine the tire pressures would be off by that much.
They ship for transport with 45 PSI in the tires. During PDI before putting on the lot, they are suppose to air them down to factory 37 PSI specs. Not unresonable to speculate one was properly PDI and the other not depending on what monkey was doing the PDI one particular day.

OP
OP
Dryfly24

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Well boys wish me luck. I’m heading out in the wee hours on an 11 plus hour road trip. If all goes as planned, I should be coming back with a gator green Rubicon. I’ll post when I get back if so. . .

Ezekielg1

First Name
Ezekiel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Wrangler 2 DR Sport (retired), 2020 Gladiator Sport
Well boys wish me luck. I’m heading out in the wee hours on an 11 plus hour road trip. If all goes as planned, I should be coming back with a gator green Rubicon. I’ll post when I get back if so. . .
Jeep Gladiator Thinking about trading in my Tacoma for a Rubi… 1626505530997

Sponsored

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
Gator? I’m assuming this is used unless you mean Sarge green.

loud0g40oz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Had a 2018 Taco. Bought it to drive for a few years till the JT was out and could get a decent deal on one. Nothing major, but more minor annoying problems with that pos than any of my jeeps, which have collectively been nearly flawless. 1 battery replaced under warranty on my 18 JKU, that’s it.

Just yesterday, a buddy traded in a 16 Tacoma on a new JT. He instantly loved the JT, when the taco was just something to drive to work.
You would have to pay me to drive another Tacoma.

Knightindullarmor

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys Edition
Occupation
Firearms Instructor
DO IT I came from a 3rd gen taco with actual full long travel suspension front and rear,
but I honestly like the jeep better cause I can get more flex of course it's not gonna beat the taco when it comes to the rear cause I had a 14inch shock but boy it's not bad
the biggest thing that made me get the jeep is 1 the solid axles front and back,2 it has a metal bed compared to the composite one on the taco,3 suspension is cheaper in a way when it comes to how much flex you can get,because for the tacos your gonna have to spend like 3 times as much just to not even beat a jeep when it comes to flexing, 4 I wanted a jeep Lol 5. I just fell in love with the looks if the jeep man
No such thing. "Long travel suspension" ended with the 1986 model year and its introduction of IFS for the Toyota pickup. That is why a 1986 to 2001 Toyota pickup is worth $3k, and a driveable pre-1985 is worth $8k. Your "long travel suspension" pales in comparison to Toyotas made 30 years before yours. Not trying to start a war, just stating facts.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dryfly24

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Nice looking. It’s got mods already too. I’m assuming this was used?
I didn’t particularly care for any of this years colors and really wanted one like this. Found this one in mint condition with 8000 miles on it and with almost the exact configuration I was going to order anyway. As a bonus it already had pretty much the wheels and tires I would’ve slapped on as well. Win-win…

Just drove it back almost thirteen hours. I’m blown away by it. Love everything about it.