First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
I love the people that act like the max tow is the best thing since slice bread. I think their getting more annoying then some Rubicon owners. Simply put the max tow is nice if you tow a lot as it gives you a little more room vs the Sport. Otherwise there’s nothing the Max tow will do for you off-road vs the Sport. Now if you off-road a lot then upgrading to the Rubicon makes sense. I love the Mojave but if you want to lift your vehicle you may loose out on some of those shock benefits that you pay a high price for. And shocks are easy to buy or replace. So best bang for your buck is still a Rubicon if you want to do off-roading. If not Sport S and upgrade as you please. Max tow only if you tow alot and want to upgrade to air lockers etc down the line.
Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
I love the people that act like the max tow is the best thing since slice bread. I think their getting more annoying then some Rubicon owners. Simply put the max tow is nice if you tow a lot as it gives you a little more room vs the Sport. Otherwise there’s nothing the Max tow will do for you off-road vs the Sport. Now if you off-road a lot then upgrading to the Rubicon makes sense. I love the Mojave but if you want to lift your vehicle you may loose out on some of those shock benefits that you pay a high price for. And shocks are easy to buy or replace. So best bang for your buck is still a Rubicon if you want to do off-roading. If not Sport S and upgrade as you please. Max tow only if you tow alot and want to upgrade to air lockers etc down the line.
You mean each trim level has its own pros and cons, and we should not judge anyone by the trim level they purchased? BLASPHEMY!!!

OP
OP
93civej1

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
True for most of the stuff you are saying, but i believe you are forgetting that Max Tow has different gear ratio and a little wide axles compared to the regular Sport.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Meh, agree and disagree. The Max Tow is praised a little too much on the forum, I agree there. But to dismiss it solely on not using it for towing isn’t very thorough. 4.10 gears will help running bigger tires as a daily driver and offroad when compared to the 3.73 (shorter gears = more torque at the wheel). Everything else I agree with though.

Sincerely,
A Mack’s Toe owner

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
I say we make a Max Tow vs Rubicon thread and you can all fight about it in there. We'll check in after a few months and crown a "winner of the useless argument". :punch:

In the JT world, this is comparing apples to oranges.

Sponsored

OP
OP
93civej1

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
I say we make a Max Tow vs Rubicon thread and you can all fight about it in there. We'll check in after a few months and crown a "winner of the useless argument". :punch:

In the JT world, this is comparing apples to oranges.
There are already threads like that. They can be easily found by doing a search.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
True for most of the stuff you are saying, but i believe you are forgetting that Max Tow has different gear ratio and a little wide axles compared to the regular Sport.
Meh, agree and disagree. The Max Tow is praised a little too much on the forum, I agree there. But to dismiss it solely on not using it for towing isn’t very thorough. 4.10 gears will help running bigger tires as a daily driver and offroad when compared to the 3.73 (shorter gears = more torque at the wheel). Everything else I agree with though.

Sincerely,
A Mack’s Toe owner
yes but what I’m saying is that for off road that 4.10 and wider axles won’t help you off road any better compared to a Sport. Either way you can get to the same destination.
Sponsored

Last edited: