Sponsored

This is why I avoid the dealership...

Deleted member 30519

This why I'm hesitant to drop my JT off Friday for the steering service bulletin. I'm also getting a weird noise when shifting gears passed 3k rpm so I guess I don't really have a choice. I'm curious what they are gonna say about my mods. I have a front and rear track bar , stabilizer, 3" lift, 35" duratracs and front and rear steel bumper.
Sponsored

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Don't really need the dealer to install the lift to keep the warranty tho.

To your point...working with dealers is miserable.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
This why I'm hesitant to drop my JT off Friday for the steering service bulletin. I'm also getting a weird noise when shifting gears passed 3k rpm so I guess I don't really have a choice. I'm curious what they are gonna say about my mods. I have a front and rear track bar , stabilizer, 3" lift, 35" duratracs and front and rear steel bumper.
LOL, if you have installed a stubby antenna and the rear differential shells they'll void your warranty.

J/K

Sort of

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I'm afraid too about the captive nature of some of the dealership service situations where they know they got you so they don't care as much as independent shops who have to earn your business.

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
To the OP, I hope your experience was better than mine. I took mine to the dealer, bought the Mopar lift and scheduled to have them install it. When I picked it up, my back shocks were on upside down, rear sway-bar links were at a huge angle, front sway-bar disconnects could not be removed, they threw away the attachments to hang the disconnects on and the list goes on. Took it to an suspension shop and they told me to take pictures of certain things, plus the mechanic brought me out and said nothing was tight and apparently I had a bolt missing from the adjustable sway bar.....

you get the idea.

Took it to the dealer, I requested the service manager, he came out, I showed him everything I was shown and I told him he had a liability in the Service Dept and I was taking it to get fixed at the Suspension shop.

Basically he agreed about the "expert in the service department" and told me to bring him the receipt from the suspension shop and I was quickly reimbursed for the expense.

I was actually concerned to take my jeep in when I found my rear window was leaking but they were quick to get approval for a new glass and thank goodness they used an outside company to replace it.
THIS....is how a bad situation is handled. I'd love to know which dealership this is....this service manager has "customer experience" stuff figured out.

Sponsored

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Unfortunately this probably sets the tone for the complete install. Cancel go somewhere else and have it installed.

Nitroexpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, '82 Jeep CJ-8,
I could write a book on my negative experiences at dealerships. I despise service writers and anybody that has anything to do with the sales process of a vehicle. I too did not take advantage of the free oil changes, choosing to do it myself. All dealerships that I've been to in North Texas are horrible.

Excellencee

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Electrician
I bought my 2021 Gladiator from the dealer with the 2" Mopar suspension lift and 35s already installed. They didn't do an alignment, the speedometer was off and the tire pressure varied from 32 to 37 PSI, no two the same. Their attention to detail (not) and condensation caused me to start looking for a new dealer. I left Ford for the same reasons.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Keep in mind it isn't just Jeep dealerships. I have horror stories from almost every brand I've owned.

One of my "favorite" ones was an Acura dealer broke one of my MDX lug bolts. The service advisor called me and said either I or someone else tightened the bolt and nut too much and caused his service guy to break it. He wanted $67 more to fix it. Um, no. After a battle, he agreed to charge $7 for the part and threw in labor. We had an event that evening so we quickly got the car and left. I always check what was done but we were in a hurry and of course it bit me in the ass.

Fast forward a week of my wife driving the MDX and a car wash guy brought me over and pointed at the front right wheel. Only 2 nuts were holding the wheel on (!). I looked at the rest and each wheel had only 4 of the 5 lug nuts on. Even though I told the Acura advisor the lug nut key was in the front cup holder, they didn't put any of the locked nuts back on...so they took the normal nuts from the front right wheel and left 2 on there. Probably in spite of the lug bolt issue.

I floored it back to the dealer and got the service manager out...my wife had been driving on this vehicle for about a week with my 2 boys inside. I probably looked like King Kong with my chest pounding. It got resolved but I was ready to throw the whole department through a glass window.

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
I bought my 2021 Gladiator from the dealer with the 2" Mopar suspension lift and 35s already installed. They didn't do an alignment, the speedometer was off and the tire pressure varied from 32 to 37 PSI, no two the same. Their attention to detail (not) and condensation caused me to start looking for a new dealer. I left Ford for the same reasons.
I'm pretty sure Ford exec's have betting pools on how many people they can screw over before having class action lawsuits brought against them. Every. Damn. Vehicle. has some sort of issue that Ford refuses to acknowledge. But then it gets fixed in the next model year forcing previous year owners to sue. Ford Customer Care is straight up garbage. I had so many issues with my 2011 F150, brand new truck. Dealers wouldn't fix it. Ford Customer Care would just close my cases, never call me back

At least Jeep/Dodge/Ram customer care gets things done. At least they have for me.

Sponsored

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
I trust my service department. The service guys seem competent, my lift was put on correctly, my steering tsb was done in a timely manner, and clean. However, I will do my own oil changes because I find it fun. I enjoy being able to take care of my vehicle myself. A sense of accomplishment. Also my dealership is a 40 minute drive. That being said, just a 1/4 mile down from my house is another Jeep dealership. I wouldn't trust them. I've heard bad things about them. They have only a 3 star rating online.

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
I'm normally one to do all my own maintenance, but I'm also one to drive used cars without a warranty.

At my dealership they give a 100k engine warranty as long as you get their free oil changes on time. I got the first one done right at 5k miles....and they didn't properly tighten to drain bolt. It was barely leaking, but still leaking. I tightened it up half a turn and problem solved but something SO SIMPLE should be easy to do.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I guess I'm blessed to not have these problems with my local dealer.

Sawburner

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Steel Fabrication
I spent 10 years working as a server advisor at many different dealerships and ended my career at Mercedes Benz. When I took my wife's Renegade in for an oil change and they tried selling me the BG Fuel injector cleaner/throttle body service at 20k miles, I suddenly felt bad for all of the times I tried selling this crap to customers. The money can be great but the lying to customers and trying to cover your butt just to make a couple dollars really beats you down.

When I found out how easy the oil change was on the JT I was relieved that I can do it quickly in my garage without removing panels like the Renegade.

My wife has a Renegade the oil filter is a nightmare. I have mangaged to change it with out removing the panel but its a real pain. Mark

DirtyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I can't think of another industry where lying, deception, and incompetence are so systemic. I appreciate a guy's gotta feed his family, but it shouldn't require this. I can see why you would want out.
Politics and Military Recruiting immediately come to mind....
Sponsored