Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT LE, T120, JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Diver
Drove from Maryland to the Smokey Mountains for the week. Put about 1200 miles on the JT and it drove awesome! Curvy mountain roads were no problem, this thing handled like a dream. No wobble or drift, rock steady with a light feel. Averaged 70 mph on the highway with no problems. I love this truck!
Jeep Gladiator Those complaining about the steering... get the Fox Steering Stabilizer EEEFBB2C-35E7-4921-8FF5-7EDA4D76A29B_1_201_a
Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Installed my Fox 2.0 TS steering stabilizer this afternoon and I have to say, it’s night and day difference!!! Worth every penny! It didn’t take out all the slack in the wheel, but it did take out a good bit of it, and it stiffened up the steering, handles bumps and ruts on shitty roads without snatching the truck into them (like it did before) took out ALOT of the over-steering issue (because it is a stiffer stabilizer), drives WAY better off-road, and allows me to drive on road with 1 hand, without constantly adjusting left & right. It now drives and handles like a normal vehicle. I'm not saying it's a cure-all, but it damn sure helps out! I could imagine how much better it would be if I installed the Synergy steering sector brace, too. That would be like driving a stock car (compared to factory steering).

Those worried about the mounting bracket design need not worry, that sucker mounts so precisely, I had to tighten the bracket screws down a little at a time, alternating, just to get it to go down over the machined-in swage on the shock mount bracket...There is beyond ZERO play, it fits so snugly. You also remove the factory bracket from the axle and use the 3 factory 13mm bolts to mount the new bracket onto the axle, and reuse the factory carriage head bolt, and 18mm nut on the knuckle-mounted side.

Very quick & easy install. Make sure you have a 1/4” Allen wrench. If you have one for your impact, it will make things even quicker.

Here's the one I ordered from Amazon... The first picture on the page is wrong, that is the JK mount (tie-rod mount) version, which is not the correct model for the JL & JT... The other pictures show the correct one. And the one you order in that link IS the correct model for the JL/JT. :like:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PFGHMB6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jeep Gladiator Those complaining about the steering... get the Fox Steering Stabilizer 316C6074-B371-47ED-93F0-2BA3CF98546A
I assume this would work on Sport S without any lift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, lift or no lift makes no difference. JT Model should not make a difference either.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Steering linkage and most else is the same among jt versions unless changed later. Even control arms and track bar are the same.

Sponsored

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
I stated another thread but I wonder how many people on this one actually would have been fine getting the recent TSB for steering instead of the patchwork of other solutions?
Is it some sort of FCA conspiracy to muddy the waters with so many aftermarket fixes?
Here to say, if you have ANY doubts about your steering ask your dealer for the TSB. It was night and day for me. The steering is now TIGHT.

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
Done, took my JT in to the Dealer for the TSB yesterday, parts being ordered.
cheers

Last edited:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I stated another thread but I wonder how many people on this one actually would have been fine getting the recent TSB for steering instead of the patchwork of other solutions?
Is it some sort of FCA conspiracy to muddy the waters with so many aftermarket fixes?
Here to say, if you have ANY doubts about your steering ask your dealer for the TSB. It was night and day for me. The steering is now TIGHT.
The conspiracy isn't JEEP or FCA, it's all of the "mechanics" throwing parts at it as bandaids.
Sorry, folks - but it's a fact. So many were so sure "it was a JEep thing, I only need this or that" and no one really KNEW.
Well, almost. One or two knew there was another issue in play but then who are they to argue with the mechanics here ;-)

Steering stabilizers aren't fixes - they mask. OF course if you have a big lift, WIDER wheels with a totally different backspacing or offset really changing the scrub angle in a big way then yeah, there's not much else to do but try to reign in control again and fight nature and the sciences.
The other real conspiracy is those selling performance parts and their marketing claims and implications.
It's sort of like the BS out there about "one wire GM alternators" it's a FACT GM never made such a thing, nor did they ever put them on cars, but hey, JEGS, Summit and others claim they are the solution to all charging system issues. Instead, they introduce other things people aren't aware of. Oh, but Joe used one and he's spreading the word about how it's been so great.
But did Joe's battery really charge like it should or last as long as it could have?

That's the issue with the internet. A lot of information out there - so much of it wrong.
It's all tire inflation.

There is NO REASON in the world for a modern Jeep to have steering issues and this "but it's a SFA, not IFS" line is getting old and lame. If it's due to a solid or straight front axle then why are there race cars out with solid front axles out there pushing 150 mph down a quarter mile track in a perfectly straight line?

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Old thread I know, but has anyone had the TSB fix AND added fox stabilizers? I’m curious how this turned out and if the result is a particularly firm steering (in a good way) or a poor experience (way too stiff).

aevgladitorrubi

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Med Sales
Vehicle Showcase
Excellent..I'll be putting one in..The loose steering was a deal breaker for me after test driving..I needed a week to think about it and made the decision to live with it..It's disappointing to say the least..And of course Jeep will have it all fixed in the 2021 model! :angry:
I have a 2021 and installed one before I got the Jeep delivered-- one of the best and least mods you can make on any jeep-- btw, the Fox through-shaft options (2) are the best. Least $ is not adjustable, most $ is...

Sponsored

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
I was not one that complained about the steering but my wife has as this is her first experience with a Wrangler/JT. We had the Fox steering stabilizer installed recently and I am super impressed with the difference it has made, most notably at interstate speeds (70-85 MPH). I didn't realize how many small corrections that I was making until making this change. I am not an advocate of driving with no hands on the steering wheel, but this truck holds a line perfectly now, no corrections! We got the part and labor for less than MSRP on the stabilizer itself. Our dealer in NC has taken great care of us.
After reading a Bunch of stuff-I am having the Dealer install the Mopar steering stabilizer with the 2" Lift. I have had 2 episodes of Jeep Death Wobble with my JKU and it was caused by the steering stabilizer. It was worse than getting a foot of my Helicopter blade chopped off in a heated fight with VC.

tyscty

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
EOD
So my 2013 JKU had the death wobble something fierce. I was so nervous just to get on the freeway because I knew at some point I was going to have to come to a complete stop in order to correct it. I found that the track bar bolt was wallowed out. It seems that Jeep decided to put in a standard bot (forget the size) that was completely threaded. So every time is shimmied it would cut away at the brace. So I welded in https://www.artecindustries.com/jkapexftb-stock and replaced the bolt with a smooth metric bolt (once again I forget the size but I believe it was 14mm) and it cleared up like a 14yr old on proactive. Hope it helps! Good luck...

Holoscape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon/00 Honda S2000
I have a 2021 and installed one before I got the Jeep delivered-- one of the best and least mods you can make on any jeep-- btw, the Fox through-shaft options (2) are the best. Least $ is not adjustable, most $ is...
which part number? Do you know if the 985-24-173 ifp model fits the 21s too? I’m sure it does...but morris4x4 says it doesn’t fit the 21 on their website? Thanks in advance.

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
which part number? Do you know if the 985-24-173 ifp model fits the 21s too? I’m sure it does...but morris4x4 says it doesn’t fit the 21 on their website? Thanks in advance.
I can find out the number as they are putting that on when the do the 2" Mopar lift.

aevgladitorrubi

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Med Sales
Vehicle Showcase
Quadratec: Fox® Racing Shox 985-02-127 Performance Series 2.0 Through Shaft Stabilizer for 18-21 Jeep Wrangler JL and Gladiator JT
Sponsored