Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My Willys front is roughly two inches lower then the rear. I do have some rubi take off springs and shocks I’m hoping to get on soon. Rubi take offs are from a hardtop and steel bumper JT so hoping for roughly a inch lift.
My Rubicon springs were from the lighter Rubicon, the lower numbers, and I got all but an inch under my Overland, so I'd expect an inch or more for the higher numbered Rubicon springs under a Sport.
Sponsored

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
I got about an inch and a half out of the Front and an inch in the rear with the 340/343 - 450/451 springs, which I think is the heaviest set. I could be wrong, I never looked at the numbers on Diesels but before the diesels came along that seemed like the highest ones I had seen posted. Mine is a 20 Overland North.

For added rear weight, I really like the rear steel bumper and rear sliders idea.

OP
OP
steveorama

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
For added rear weight, I really like the rear steel bumper and rear sliders idea.
Right now I tossed a bag of mulch I had lying around back there. It works at the moment, but a permanent solution will be on the horizon.

chithead

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Already had the Rubicon Fox shocks on the Sport, but had a chance to install Rubicon springs just in the front this past weekend. Doesn't seem to have lifted as much as I'd hoped, but it definitely rides and drives different. For the slightly better.

51801671854_0b80f02994_c.jpg

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Already had the Rubicon Fox shocks on the Sport, but had a chance to install Rubicon springs just in the front this past weekend. Doesn't seem to have lifted as much as I'd hoped, but it definitely rides and drives different. For the slightly better.

Jeep Gladiator Those Who Swapped to Rubicon Shocks/Springs 51801671854_0b80f02994_c
Yeah I only gained 3/4 of an inch with the stiffest Rubicon gasser springs. And I actually swapped the Rubicon Fox shocks back out for my stock Willys shocks and I like the ride much better. JMO

Sponsored

chithead

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
That's good to know. Seems like about 3/4 of an inch is all that was gained after driving for a few days and letting everything settle a bit. Also have a set of Mojave springs, may try those out to see the difference, and if it drives even better or gets worse.

RCKLNDR

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Yeah I only gained 3/4 of an inch with the stiffest Rubicon gasser springs. And I actually swapped the Rubicon Fox shocks back out for my stock Willys shocks and I like the ride much better. JMO
Sorry for the hijack but would you consider the Fox Rubicon shocks firmer or softer than the red ones?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The "gain" or "lift" from the Rubicon springs will vary from about .75 to roughly 1.00"
I believe the "stoutest" Rubicon gas front springs are 340 & 343
I have 339 and 340 on my Overland and gained about 7/8"

I'm not impressed with the stock Rubicon Fox shocks I put on. They "look cool" but it's not a good ride.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for the hijack but would you consider the Fox Rubicon shocks firmer or softer than the red ones?
IMO they rode more rough. But were also more floaty. With the Willys shocks it feels more planted.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The "gain" or "lift" from the Rubicon springs will vary from about .75 to roughly 1.00"

I'm not impressed with the stock Rubicon Fox shocks I put on. They "look cool" but it's not a good ride.
I have the 340 and 343 and got a tiny bit less than you.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey

I have the Rubicon Shocks on my Max Tow and I really haven't found it to be much better than what I had before. Eventually now that I have done with the cosmetic changes will start to do a few guess would say performance changes that won't screw with the warranty, etc. Steering Stabalizer, better shocks, sway disconnects.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
It’s definitely stiffer on the Rubicon springs, but I hated the floaty overland ride. The Fox shocks help, but it’s still kinda floaty. They still ride well on the rubicon springs.

I liked the floaty ride on my 65 coupe DeVille, but not on my Jeep.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It’s definitely stiffer on the Rubicon springs, but I hated the floaty overland ride. The Fox shocks help, but it’s still kinda floaty. They still ride well on the rubicon springs.

I liked the floaty ride on my 65 coupe DeVille, but not on my Jeep.
The rear of mine bounces. It was a better ride when it was a stock Overland, now it's harsh and bouncy with the rear end. Front, not as bad.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
The rear of mine bounces. It was a better ride when it was a stock Overland, now it's harsh and bouncy with the rear end. Front, not as bad.
Interesting. I lost the rear ended bounce after the swap. It just feels more solid. You feel bumps more, but it reacts and is done. No more bouncing up and down once or twice after hitting a bump. I don’t know my spring rates or part numbers, but they came off of a Launch Edition.

I’m not sure why it would matter, but it’s a 2020 Overland 3.6l/auto, hard top and every option but the advanced safety group.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have max tow rear springs and don't find the rear bouncy at all.
Sponsored