Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Look great. I can’t justify 37”. I need the MPG.
Still getting 17.2 with the Kanati's. It seems like it might he going up, i think they might be lighter. Definitely a better ride.
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Still getting 17.2 with the Kanati's. It seems like it might he going up, i think they might be lighter. Definitely a better ride.
Stock gearing? Did you chalk test them yet? You'll have to let us know how they wear and how they perform once you start getting them in weather, especially near the lower temps. I will say my Gladiator got better in the wet once I put some weight in the rear. Otherwise, especially with the diesel, the damn thing is basically a big ass RWD Mustang (even with the KO2s).

Long term I'll probably swap in the full time rock trac T case (and give up 4:1) and swap CV's to the front. I really want full time auto. My wife's 2 door sticks like glue in any weather situation. Drove through a damn Blizzard up to Moab in it and never felt any traction slip whatsoever. Also KO2s.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Stock gearing? Did you chalk test them yet? You'll have to let us know how they wear and how they perform once you start getting them in weather, especially near the lower temps. I will say my Gladiator got better in the wet once I put some weight in the rear. Otherwise, especially with the diesel, the damn thing is basically a big ass RWD Mustang (even with the KO2s).

Long term I'll probably swap in the full time rock trac T case (and give up 4:1) and swap CV's to the front. I really want full time auto. My wife's 2 door sticks like glue in any weather situation. Drove through a damn Blizzard up to Moab in it and never felt any traction slip whatsoever. Also KO2s.
No haven't chalk tested them yet. I'm going to lower the pressure down to 33psi, they have them at 36 right now and they feel kinda floaty. Yes, stock 4.10 gears, I got a Max tow. I was getting between 17 to 17.4 running the 37" Goodyear MTRs and they were a little heavier, not much but also a MT vs A/T. Ride quality is way better and now I can listen to the radio on 4 or 5 and hear it and understand the words. Had to crank it up to around 10 with the Goodyear's. The wife and I are headed to the beach today, 3.5hr trip one way. I'll let you know how they do on that trip. We averaged 18.4mpgs the last trip about 4 weeks ago.

TJRjeepn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Gator, 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2011 Buick Enclave, 2009 Chevy Malibu
Occupation
Account Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Just got the newest MT Baja Boss tires and they are awesome. Decent weight, good grip, quiet on the road, nice warranty.
C22FE445-6C70-43D8-B4BA-7783D1292D17.jpeg
Those are the Baja Boss ATs.
These are the MTs
Jeep Gladiator Time for New Tires F0CB2595-6F23-4FD3-A27C-55B27E54F071
Jeep Gladiator Time for New Tires 79C96735-918E-416E-AEBC-B5F60964DF74

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
I have to ask, compared to what ha? NO NOISE? Always watching tires, but I suspect your drive would be much quieter on a different tire. You just are used to the noise or initial tires were loud....

But I'd sure love to find a no noise M/T, I'll research the Geolandar
I'm serious. I have driven vehicles with noisy mud tires - load roaring and droning. These geolanders are quiet and noise is simply not a factor for me compared to air rushing past the pillars. You know how you can trust me? I tell the truth - I get 15mpg max and towing with stock 4.10 gears in a JTR on 35s with th 6MT sucks! Liars will tell you they get mid 20mpgs, and tow all day with with ease including their 6,499lb 38ft travel trailer (wet weight) on 37s or 40s... on stock gears.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Just got back from our day trip to the beach and gotta say, night and day difference in ride quality, sound and overall experience in the the jeep compared to the Goodyear MTR's. I'm definitely not putting a MT tire back on my rig. I'll see how these Kanati's perform when it rains and if we get any ice or snow in the later months but so far I'm all smiles. Love the look and how much better the wheel rides. I will lower the PSI down to 33 and report back if it makes any difference. We averaged 18mpgs on this trip but did run into more road construction and two accidents that caused us about 25 extra minutes of idle time so that may have been the difference from us getting 18.4 to 18, but still happy with 18 on 37's.

Jeep Gladiator Time for New Tires PXL_20211002_232607058

Last edited:

Gliebig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk'n
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate you guys as well. Seems y'all are the only ones local to me other than a 4 wheel shop that can mount 37's. Seems weird that NTB, Mavis, and Pep boys sell 37's but can't mount them. Wish we could of worked out something on some tires but I'll definitely check with you guys again the next time.
Where did you find the tires?

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you find the tires?
A guy was selling them local to me. He had one set brand new. Someone had ordered them but decided to go with 35's instead. They got them on Amazon, but most other places has them on back order. I paid $1000 for the set I got and $179 for Discount tire to mount them.

Kanati Trail Hog A/T-4 All-Terrain Radial Tire-37X12.50R17LT 124Q LRE 10-Ply https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WPBHRSL/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_9RS5WX6JCMA71AE0C7X9

I figured that's about the best deal I would find on them. Looks like $315 a piece on Amazon. If I get 40,000 miles out of the ones I have then I'd pay $315 for them. The ride great and better than the Goodyear MTRs I had installed. They are as quiet as the 35 inch KO2S I had before the Goodyear's.

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
Well I've wore the 37 Goodyear MTRs almost out so it's time for new tires. Got Milestar Pats and MasterCraft MXTs on the short list. Also am considering a set of Geolander MTS. Looking for something that's good on the HWY and decent off-road. I don't do much rock crawling or getting in deep mud, easy fire road trails and farm land basically. Can get the MasterCraft and Milestar in a 37 for around $1168 mounted and balanced. @Discount Tire here your chance to make me a believer. Need some free back on long term.
Just put on a set of Falken Wildpeak AT3w's on my wife's wrangler and love them so far. Nice deep tread blocks, low road noise and solid handling. She didn't want oversize tires, just slightly wider stance (+1"), so went with 275/65R18 (JL Sahara).Now I'm considering them for my '20 JT Overland. Can not stand the square look and wimpy sidewalls of the stock Bridgestone Dueller's that came on my JT and they would break loose anytime I stepped down on the gas.

Sponsored

Gliebig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk'n
Vehicle Showcase
A guy was selling them local to me. He had one set brand new. Someone had ordered them but decided to go with 35's instead. They got them on Amazon, but most other places has them on back order. I paid $1000 for the set I got and $179 for Discount tire to mount them.

Kanati Trail Hog A/T-4 All-Terrain Radial Tire-37X12.50R17LT 124Q LRE 10-Ply https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WPBHRSL/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_9RS5WX6JCMA71AE0C7X9

I figured that's about the best deal I would find on them. Looks like $315 a piece on Amazon. If I get 40,000 miles out of the ones I have then I'd pay $315 for them. The ride great and better than the Goodyear MTRs I had installed. They are as quiet as the 35 inch KO2S I had before the Goodyear's.
Do you know if the Mud Hogs weigh much more than the Trail Hogs? On extreme terrain, they are listed as 69# for the mud, but I've seen/read other say they are in the 80# range.
XT actually has the mud listed and lighter than the trails. That can't be correct?

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Do you know if the Mud Hogs weigh much more than the Trail Hogs? On extreme terrain, they are listed as 69# for the mud, but I've seen/read other say they are in the 80# range.
XT actually has the mud listed and lighter than the trails. That can't be correct?
Greenball the company that makes them told me they weigh 83lbs, the Mud Hogs. They said the trail hogs were 72lbs

Gliebig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk'n
Vehicle Showcase
Greenball the company that makes them told me they weigh 83lbs, the Mud Hogs. They said the trail hogs were 72lbs
I'll go with that. If they make 'em, they should know. ;-)

Thanks,
G
Sponsored