Tire Backorder

bjdenning

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR
Ordered Copper STT Pros (37x12.5) back in July and am still being told that they are on back order with no target date. Has any had success, am I being ran around, or is there an issue with no end in sight?
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Base material shortages, all the COVID shipping nightmare, lack of labor, yadda yadda yadda.
The rubber is the big part, I guess they're fighting some type of fungus.

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
Your tires may also be made in China. If your tires are needing to cross the ocean, there’s a long waiting list for those ships to reach port on this side (as well as that side). Then there’s not enough truckers to bring in the supply once it is unloaded.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Your tires may also be made in China. If your tires are needing to cross the ocean, there’s a long waiting list for those ships to reach port on this side (as well as that side). Then there’s not enough truckers to bring in the supply once it is unloaded.
Naaaaa, Cooper's are still good ole American made, but owned by Good Year now so who knows how long it takes.

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
Naaaaa, Cooper's are still good ole American made, but owned by Good Year now so who knows how long it takes.
Said on Trucktirereview.com

“ Thanks to feedback from our readers we can report that at least some of the Cooper Tires sold in America are made in Mexico and China. NOTE: If your Cooper tires are not made in America, please leave us a note below and indicate the type of tire purchased and where it was manufactured.”

I would guess that if supply is depleted here and your waiting 5 plus months, the tires are coming from elsewhere than the US.

Sponsored

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Said on Trucktirereview.com

“ Thanks to feedback from our readers we can report that at least some of the Cooper Tires sold in America are made in Mexico and China. NOTE: If your Cooper tires are not made in America, please leave us a note below and indicate the type of tire purchased and where it was manufactured.”

I would guess that if supply is depleted here and your waiting 5 plus months, the tires are coming from elsewhere than the US.
Anybody see the irony here?
Covid from China (supposedly) and now waiting on tires from China because of Covid related issues. Yeah I know there is a rubber issue but when will we stop importing from China? I am definitely more aware of where my purchases originate now in my small attempt to buy local or North American manufactured.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Covid from China (supposedly) and now waiting on tires from China because of Covid related issues. Yeah I know there is a rubber issue but when will we stop importing from China? I am definitely more aware of where my purchases originate now in my small attempt to buy local or North American manufactured.
The thing is that even if a product is assembled in the US, it doesn't guarantee that all parts are manufactured here.

For example I believe the iPhone is designed in California, assembled in China, but with German computer chips that were built with cobalt mined on the African continent.

Like Brad Paisley said, "Welcome to the future".

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
You made the mistake of trying to make sense of the plandemic lol. Cooper is supposed to be made in America but my research says not anything truck related. I think im going with BFG or Goodyear. Goodyear is our best bet for an American made tire from what i have come up with.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
This article dives into the rubber issue and where China’s involvement is with it.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/rubber-shortfall-means-tire-shortages-are-around-the-corner/
Yes read that months ago. So even though China does not produce the rubber for tires they were ahead of the game realizing the commodity shortage to come, and started to stockpile.

Myself, still using last years toilet paper supply when I stockpiled during the perceived shortage. Hope it doesn’t go bad before I use it all up.😏

Sponsored

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
Ordered Copper STT Pros (37x12.5) back in July and am still being told that they are on back order with no target date. Has any had success, am I being ran around, or is there an issue with no end in sight?
I picked up some from @Discount Tire a few weeks ago. Had to wait 2 days for shipping from the warehouse to my local store.

cmb396

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I had a set of 39" km3 on order for 3 mos now. Found a used set on FB marketplace, and so happened the seller ran an online offroad store. 4 days later, I had a brand new set of KM3 39's in my garage.
Not sure where they were getting access from, but I had my choice of Nitto Ridge 38's, toyo 38's, and others that no one else can seem to find.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
You made the mistake of trying to make sense of the plandemic lol. Cooper is supposed to be made in America but my research says not anything truck related. I think im going with BFG or Goodyear. Goodyear is our best bet for an American made tire from what i have come up with.
I guess you missed the part about Goodyear buying Cooper? Until Goodyear made that purchase, Coopers were solely made in three States here.

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
Waiting on a set of 35,s ... Made in the USA Mickey Thompson Baja boss A/T,s ... 30 days so far, they told me they should ship sometime in January let's see what happens ... Happy Thanksgiving everyone 🍻

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
You made the mistake of trying to make sense of the plandemic lol.
I guess you missed the part about Goodyear buying Cooper? Until Goodyear made that purchase, Coopers were solely made in three States here.
Are you sure?? I had read that Coopers car tires are mostly made in the states but not the truck tires. Also on a forum a few people claimed to have purchased Coopers made in China. Cooper opened Chinese plants in 2006.

Edit: It's possible the people on forums and articles confused commercial truck tires with off road because I found a link showing what specific tires from Cooper are made in their US plants. One was a discover all terrain model I think. As for people claiming they purchased chinese Cooper tires for their parents car ... I'm not sure what to say. Here is the link it has a few brands showing supposedly what models are made in the US plants.

https://blog.tirebuyer.com/tires-made-united-states/
Sponsored

Last edited: