Sponsored

To LED upgrade or not LED...that should never be a question.

WaterDR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
My Glad has LED tail lights, but candles for head lights. LEDs are the way to go.

looks like there are three options....stock LEDs replacements which look great and are expensive as F. Cheaper Chinese alternatives, or LED bulb replacements. The latter would seem to be the best, cheapest option.

who has gone with bulbs only?
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
My Glad has LED tail lights, but candles for head lights. LEDs are the way to go.

looks like there are three options....stock LEDs replacements which look great and are expensive as F. Cheaper Chinese alternatives, or LED bulb replacements. The latter would seem to be the best, cheapest option.

who has gone with bulbs only?
I got bulbs for headlights and foglights and they are way better than stock. About a $50 upgrade total. Good cutoff and easy to install

HIKARI H13/9008 LED Headlight bulbs, New Gen of Japanese CSP LED Tech, Adjustable Beam, Easy install, 10000lm 6K Cool White IP68 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GKCNPD1/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_u1BbFb96B2WJF

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H8CAC5K?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Jeep Gladiator To LED upgrade or not LED...that should never be a question. MVIMG_20200313_212614

Jeep Gladiator To LED upgrade or not LED...that should never be a question. MVIMG_20200313_211155

OP
OP

WaterDR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Those just plug and play? Need anything else for them?

OP
OP

WaterDR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
When I click on the bottom link amazon says doesn’t fit a Gladiator.

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Please, please don't be that guy with LED bulbs in a halogen reflector headlight. Those are 90% of the vehicles you see going down the road blinding the shit out of people. They don't have the proper light cutoff like any DOT approved LED headlight. Brake, tail, and turns are ok since they're reflected through a defused lens but headlights are specificially designed to throw light.

Halogen reflectors are designed to focus the light of a bulb to a given point, proper LED headlights are designed to disperse the light across a given plane. Just look at the shot above and compare it to mine below. LED bulbs still give hot spots and uneven light while the OEM lights are very uniform. The hot spot in the center of my shot is the factory driver side halogen vs the factory LED passenger at about ~30ft. The light uniformity and brightness is not even close to the factory LED lights.

I just did the factory LED conversion and it's worth every penny and then some. A quick test drive with one of each and it's absurd how much clearer the LED side is and how much further down the road things illuminate.

Jeep Gladiator To LED upgrade or not LED...that should never be a question. i5G26Bn

mr_bots

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Aftermarket LED housings are usually cheap, blind anyone in front of you, and break quickly. LED bulbs in stock reflector housings are just a dick move and without the proper projector housing probably don't even shine any further, just blast everything with bright AF white light. Shitty aftermarket headlights are flat out dangerous. Either spend the money to find quality aftermarket (if they exist) or get the factory LEDs. Everyone you share the road with will thank you.

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

WaterDR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Where are you guys getting best prices on factory ones?

Sponsored

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
I'm always interested in this mod, but it always seems like expensive AF for factory upgrade or too many unknowns going the cheaper bulb only replacement. Still waiting for that middle ground option. Since I drive around a large city at night, it has to be cost effective otherwise I'll stick with halogens.

Jellygladiator

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
retired
I swapped out bulbs and I can see color over 600 yards away with headlights now and can actually see in reverse with the leds.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Those just plug and play? Need anything else for them?
They are plug and play and they will fit a gladiator. There is a whole thread about them on the forum already. It says they don't fit but amazon hasn't updated their site. The Gladiator takes H13 bulbs. Here is a link to the thread, in that thread you can find everything you need to change out a your lights to led light bulbs. I have done all but the tailights on mine

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/led-bulb-replacement-it-works.19953/page-27

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Aftermarket LED housings are usually cheap, blind anyone in front of you, and break quickly. LED bulbs in stock reflector housings are just a dick move and without the proper projector housing probably don't even shine any further, just blast everything with bright AF white light. Shitty aftermarket headlights are flat out dangerous. Either spend the money to find quality aftermarket (if they exist) or get the factory LEDs. Everyone you share the road with will thank you.
Not a dick move if you use the Hikari ones, they do not blind on coming traffic and have a good cutoff. Bulbs are better than they used to be, I had enough different sets of bulbs and aftermarket LED headlights on my JKU I should know, probably over 15 different setups over 7yrs of ownership. Didn't hurt that I was selling them at the time and getting most of it for free.

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
I Have the Hikari Upgrades they cut off in a pretty straight line, and when they are on you can easily adjust the beams with the grill off. Once you are set up you are good. I have a lift and I was able to adjust them so I don't blind anyone and I have yet to be flashed or flipped off for the headlights. The difference is HUGE for visibility and driving.

IMG_2297[1].jpg

IMG_2298.jpg

IMG_2300.jpg
Sponsored