Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Love your setup! Those OGT rigs are absolutely fantastic. I probably would have purchased the Rubi without even driving the Mojave if it wasn’t for the miles of washboard roads I had endured during my recent 6 week/ 6k mile over landing trip. The ass ache I endured on the 27 mile forest road between Flagstaff and Sedona is still fresh in my mind. I think the perfect out of the box JT is probably a hybrid of the two with a V8 but for now we will just have to choose what we can live without.
Thanks, we are really happy with the OGT. Washboards are the biggest concern for us overlanders and I've yet to find a suspension that can do more then just airing down a lot. Of course having both is better.
Sponsored

Adawg1203

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
3245ADC2-A966-4DA4-9A1F-AF5CB33B41CB.jpeg
9B4AF986-1F65-42ED-9187-205BB71327F9.jpeg

[/QUOTE]

Does the color of the truck change that drastically depending on angle/lighting? The top pic color looks completely different than the one below it.

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Does the color of the truck change that drastically depending on angle/lighting? The top pic color looks completely different than the one below it.
I know you were asking studiodfw, but since I also have Sting Gray, I can attest to it changing quite a bit based on the lighting and even the surrounding terrain.

studiodfw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
Occupation
Photographer
[/QUOTE]
It absolutely changes color depending on lighting! In bright light it is a flatter grey, similar to the “cement” TRD color. In the shadows it darkens fairly dramatically but still retaining the “flat” look. I find Gator and Gobi to have similar qualities as well. Gator appears to be a dark British Khaki in light and adds the greener hues in shadow. Gobi lightens dramatically in highlight (almost sand color) and IMO is just about perfection in late day sun. Hope this helps!

studiodfw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
Occupation
Photographer
I know you were asking studiodfw, but since I also have Sting Gray, I can attest to it changing quite a bit based on the lighting and even the surrounding terrain.
Surrounding terrain is a great observation!

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, I don’t know why folks start threads soliciting feedback from a forum about whether or not they should purchase a vehicle. when was the last time any of you sat at a dealer and said to yourself, “i asked the forum if I should do it and they said no, so I’m not going to buy this model, this trim, or add this package.” Oh never??

OP if you have/had the opportunity to pickup a Mojave and you want to move your Sport S for it after dropping “x” amount of dollars into it, and financially the deal is something you can handle and makes sense to you? then it’s your decision....

Looking for input from folks who have no nickels in that quarter is just crazy. Do what makes sense to and for YOU and not what makes sense to me or anyone else.

just out of curiosity which way did you lean?

49eb5f.jpg

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator To Mojave, or Not to Mojave... 49ebj4

Jeep Gladiator To Mojave, or Not to Mojave... 49ebpe

49ebur.jpg

OP
OP
kickingaz

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
So here is my update on this topic. I put a lot of money into the build and would get most of it back if I went to the Mojave. After giving it a lot of thought, I agree with most of the members from this forum that posted to this topic and I have decided to keep mine and continue the build.

I was getting ready to order a pair of ARB air lockers when my son found a set of Gladiator Rubicon axles for sale that have less than 3,000 mile on them. I will be picking these up on Monday, will weld on the Artec truss kits for the front and rear, an will install them in my Gladiator.

Thanks everyone for your posts most were informative and many were humorous.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on making what I think is a very smart move!

And nice score on the axles. The Arctec truss is solid - you'll like it

Sponsored

OP
OP
kickingaz

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
Congrats on making what I think is a very smart move!

And nice score on the axles. The Arctec truss is solid - you'll like it
Thanks. I had the Artec truss on the front and rear axles on my JKU and I agree, they are well engineered.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You're the winner. Imagine driving a Mojave now (and having the bill for that new Gladiator) - your driving experience wouldn't be (IMO) improved in any way.

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
They lengthened the wheel base 1/2" which may not impact anything wrt service or parts, but I have had enough funky different products like bikes and such to know that when you start tweaking things to make them unique from the rest of the lineup then you can get into weird issues later.
Sorry to bring this up much later. The track is 1/2" wider because of different offsets on the wheels. The wheel base is the same as far as I know.

It does have frame reinforcements, stronger engine and trans mounts, 1" lift in the front, stronger Cs and some people say beefier axle tubes, but I haven't been able to confirm that.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Sorry to bring this up much later. The track is 1/2" wider because of different offsets on the wheels. The wheel base is the same as far as I know.

It does have frame reinforcements, stronger engine and trans mounts, 1" lift in the front, stronger Cs and some people say beefier axle tubes, but I haven't been able to confirm that.
Of course I can't find the article that discusses it. I will keep looking, it wasn't the wider track from wheel backspacing I don't think.

Blaine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTM (Sold) 2022 Sport S Diesel
Truck trend has the info. Looks like it is spacing, but that's only one source.
Jeep Gladiator To Mojave, or Not to Mojave... Screenshot_20200731-005130
Sponsored