Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
im not trying to be argumentative, but i dont think you would have had a single issue with my xfer case on that trip. 3500 trailer weight isnt that much.

it looks like you have wheels/tires etc, so you probably need to be at a 4.56 or 4.88 gearing for starters. Imogene pass can be done in a stock jeep, so you didnt need lift, tires, front locker, rear locker, or a sway disconnect. you dont even need 4wd for most of it.

Nope, the trailer does not weigh that much. But the JT did have issues pulling it up Imogene even in 4Lo. I know how it drove on that trip, and I'm fairly certain a Mojave would not have done what I did.

I am running 35s on stock size wheels, but you don't need to re-gear for that. If I put 37s on it like I had on my JKUR, then I'd re-gear for sure. And I don't recall ever saying that a stock Jeep couldn't do Imogene or that lift, tires, lockers or disconnected sway bar was need. So I'm not sure what your point was there besides bashing a trim level that you do not like?
Sponsored

Silvertruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I think the mojave should be the overland and the overland should be called the limited, if thinking about jeep nomenclature correctly.

All this rubi bashing makes me laugh. Like calling your brother stupid for punching you in the arm so hard tears well up. At the end we are all related and will bro it out anyway. That one comment about a rubi being a dressed up sport is really funny as it throws shade at the whole lineup. I guess we can say its clear that jeep found its target market with the mojave so they can sell more trucks.

Jeeps are jeeps and some of the most capable vehicles on earth for the money, no matter the trim.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Nope, the trailer does not weigh that much. But the JT did have issues pulling it up Imogene even in 4Lo. I know how it drove on that trip, and I'm fairly certain a Mojave would not have done what I did.

I am running 35s on stock size wheels, but you don't need to re-gear for that. If I put 37s on it like I had on my JKUR, then I'd re-gear for sure. And I don't recall ever saying that a stock Jeep couldn't do Imogene or that lift, tires, lockers or disconnected sway bar was need. So I'm not sure what your point was there besides bashing a trim level that you do not like?
just reflected on your comment how you ā€™neededā€˜ a rubicon. Its your jeep, you drive what you want. Ive just said i dont personally think its the way to go vs mojave, and bought accordingly.

Im not quite sure i understand how you havent had your trailer on a road mountain pass, but whatever.

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
just reflected on your comment how you ā€™neededā€˜ a rubicon.
Maybe you should go back and reread my post. I said that I needed the lower gearing in that situation. Then I went on to say that when I do need any of the other tools the Rubicon has, I have them. I did not say I needed the lockers ect. for Imogene.

Im not quite sure i understand how you havent had your trailer on a road mountain pass, but whatever.
Again, go back and reread my post. I never said I've not had my trailer on a paved mountain pass. I said I have not taken it on a paved road above 11,000ft as there are so few in the US and most just lead to a dead-end overlook.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I read what you wrote, it just doesnt make any sense.

Sponsored

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Rubicon has a 77-1 Crawl ratio. Mojave has a 52-1 crawl ratio. Huge difference off road. Also remember that at 11,000 feet, your 285HP 3.6 motor is down to about 160HP.

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I read what you wrote, it just doesnt make any sense.
Fair enough, maybe I'm not explaining it that well. How about this:

Lets put the Mojave and the Rubicon on and imaginary paved hill with an incline of say 10Ā°. Both trucks are basically the same (where it matters for this situation) with the exception of gear ratio. If we continue to increase the angle of the incline, there will become a point where the Mojave with its higher gear ratio can not continue to climb it. The lower gearing on the Rubicon will allow it to continue to climb to some degree past that point. Paved roads are built with a maximum grade for this reason.

When you go offroad, there is no limit to the maximum grade of the trail. This means that portions of the trail could be closer to the "breaking point" of higher geared vehicles. Add in holes and big rocks in the trail and it is easy to have momentary grades well beyond the capabilities of either vehicle.

Do this at extreme altitude, increase the weight of the vehicle by roughly 60%, and add two more tires that have to climb up and over that rough terrain and it should be clear that a lower geared vehicle would be able to make it further in that situation than a higher geared one.

JetSkiJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2011 Ford Crown Vic (work car), 2020 Mojave Gladiator as of 10-24-20.
Occupation
Retired LE
Well, I joined this site recently cause I've been looking at the Rubicon and also the Mojave. I wanted to get people's feedback and do my homework as to what folks like best about each model and what mods work and what doesn't. Also what looks better to and what makes it unattractive with some mods that I might not personally like. Like many people say here, it's going to be your Jeep you will be driving it, other people's choices won't make it really what i would want that for that particular model Gladiator for. Both have the same interior features pretty much that I like.

Well after reading, looking at great photos of other members Gladiators here in the forums, I did a thing today.

Yes, I purchased a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Edition.

The price was in my range already on the sticker but add in the tax and fees, that then set it a little out of my final price tag I had in my mind (But not by much) .. The only thing that didn't fit what I wanted was my 1st or 2nd color choice. Inventory around South Florida is limited with Colors as i checked every dealer from Miami to Palm Beach online... I walked into this Miami Jeep dealer, knowing what I wanted and what i wanted to pay and not $1 more. I already have a 97 Jeep Wrangler Sport I knock around in, and also own 2 other vehicles... So owning 3 vehicles in total, I really don't need a 4th, but I wanted a new Jeep if the price was right. The color selections I would like were in this order, Gator Green, Gobi, or worst case scenario Gray.. but my 1st & 2nd color wasn't an option in their inventory and there were only a couple in these 1st two color choices but the price tags were well above my price cap I set for myself.

I had my eye on 1 Mojave at this dealer fitting my price range and then settled for the Mojave Model in Sting Gray Clear Coat... Told the sales guy what i wanted to spend & not a dollar more.. told him I don't NEED a new Jeep, the color I could live with it he gives me a good deal . I "want" a New Jeep. There is a huge difference between NEED & WANT.. I can just come back in 5 or 6 months and look again, I not in any rush, I'm far from being pressed for time. With that the sales guy went to his manager to see what the bottom line price they could do for me with Tax Tags Fees Etc .. The entire total out the door.. well after a few minutes.. he came back.. and gave me a price.. I told him.. You can do better.. try again... He asked will I be financing and how much down would I be placing.. I told him if you make that price you just gave me somewhat better... I'll buy it with cash.. He went back to his computer.. and calculator.. came back with an even better price right inside my target range. Next was a handshake & and the deal was done. No bullcrap haggling.. No scams.. No con games, No hidden outta left field surprises.. just straight forward honest deal where I think everyone walked away happy with. Especially the sales guy for making his goal for the month getting him a bonus as well. He actually took the test of the day off after we closed on this sale. LoL

I pick her up Monday after I secure Insurance from my Agent and Bank Wire the funds to the Jeep Dealer then with 22 miles on the Odometer she is coming home with me.

Now I'm part of the Jeep "MOJAVE" Gladiator Family.

Only other mods I'll probably do in the future are 35" tires, possibly need to re-gear..? Definitely Black Tint on the windows next week (Thanks to my Florida Private Investigators License which exempts me from Tint Law percentage requirements.) New Front & Rear Bumpers, Possibly add a winch but not a huge requirement as I'm not going to be finding my self needing but would be nice to have in case of an emergency. Other then that as time goes on I'm sure more mods & addons will come.. and hopefully members here with photos of their rigs will give me inspiration & direction.

Well I rambled long enough.. hope you all have a great day and thanks for having me here as a Gladiator member. Hope to see some of you local Dade & Broward folks out on the road one day. Stay Safe !

20201024_121504.jpg

20201024_115056.jpg

20201024_121553.jpg

20201024_121559.jpg

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Both have the same interior features pretty much that I like.
the seats, dash, stitching and steering wheel are different fyi. i like the mojave interior better.

oh and congrats on the purchase! these trucks rock.
Sponsored