Sponsored

Tonneau Cover Photos and Fit, I need help making a choice.

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
did those Brackets come with it? I just bought a used Tonneau, and it has those exact latches... I can't get it to latch with my utility rails.
The one you got does not have that Bracket. It should latch under your trail rail. The hardest part is getting it adjusted to fit. I didn't have the trail rail and it latched under the bed lip. You may have to bring the latches on the cover towards the middle of the notches, so when you try and clamp it in place it sits up and down. If it sits on an angle it may not hold.
Sponsored

CCCVagabond

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JTR
The one you got does not have that Bracket. It should latch under your trail rail. The hardest part is getting it adjusted to fit. I didn't have the trail rail and it latched under the bed lip. You may have to bring the latches on the cover towards the middle of the notches, so when you try and clamp it in place it sits up and down. If it sits on an angle it may not hold.
yeah, I was able to get the 4 towards the front to latch, but the lever handle by the tailgate won't fit under the lip between the rail, and it is not long enough to get it in the rail itself. Tyger sells those brackets separately, so going to order 2 for the tailgate.

In the meantime I am creating a wire harness that attaches to the bed tie-down so the lever can latch... I think it will work. I'll post pictures later tonight after I have them made!

I may head to home depot and see if I can find a longer threaded post... that may work as well.

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Linux Engineer
yeah, I was able to get the 4 towards the front to latch, but the lever handle by the tailgate won't fit under the lip between the rail, and it is not long enough to get it in the rail itself. Tyger sells those brackets separately, so going to order 2 for the tailgate.

In the meantime I am creating a wire harness that attaches to the bed tie-down so the lever can latch... I think it will work. I'll post pictures later tonight after I have them made!

I may head to home depot and see if I can find a longer threaded post... that may work as well.
Dang sorry about that. I figured it would have fit just fine in to or under the trail rail system.

Sponsored

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Linux Engineer
So I ordered a couple brackets, because it should work with my cover, though it is not a Tyger. In the meantime, I got something working... if it doesn't hold, I will just ratchet the back down until the brackets come in.

Jeep Gladiator Tonneau Cover Photos and Fit, I need help making a choice. IMG_3087
Adapt and overcome...very nice.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
How do you like it? This is the one I’m leaning towards, mainly because it has the rail slots built in for a bike / ski rack.
For me it's the best solution. The roll up in bed ones will eat 20% of the bed space and cost $$. The 3 piece fold into the window which I hate. Leaves this style. I love the security feature of locking down the whole bed length. Good quality, would buy again.

I also plan to do something like the RCI bed rack which has a bike option off the side. Im gonna avoid straight bike racks on this.

Sponsored

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon AKA 'Sky Walker'
I really like the rugged ridge tri fold hard cover. It’s flush mount and when I need it up and out of the way, it props up. This is my second cover and I got this instead for these reasons.

Jeep Gladiator Tonneau Cover Photos and Fit, I need help making a choice. F8713153-92FA-44C5-9655-7126F6D508B1

Jeep Gladiator Tonneau Cover Photos and Fit, I need help making a choice. 7978A557-A095-4AF5-9F8F-C3A7A9F0A33F

Last edited:

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
I have the the Tyger T3. I went with a cheap one because I'm basically only using it for vacations to keep luggage dry so it will spend most of it's time being stored in my garage (which makes the bag it came with extremely useful). At $220, it was well worth it and came with brackets that slide right into the Trailrail and, if you have the Trailrail, the bed lights don't interfere with the tonneau cover handles. It's very well built and looks nice on the Jeep.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XMDHWJT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_AKFNR6pP2bhnW

sypeck

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK Jeep GC
Bakflip MX4. Kinda pricy but feels solid, installed into factory mounting holes and not clamps which is nice. Holds 400lbs on top but I wouldn't push it.

Jeep Gladiator Tonneau Cover Photos and Fit, I need help making a choice. 7978A557-A095-4AF5-9F8F-C3A7A9F0A33F

How are you liking the MX4 cover?

Sky Soldier

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon current, sold: 2017 JKU Rubicon Recon, 2007 JKU Sahara, 1995 2dr Sport, 1979 CJ7 AMC 304
Occupation
Retired
I ordered my 2020 Gladiator with a Mopar tonneau hard cover which I believe is made by Back Flip. Very pleased with the security it provides.
Sponsored