Sponsored

Took Delivery of Your JT? Sign in Here!

HWKIGRL

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Gladiator Overland, 2” Mopar left. Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Small business owner
Picked up mine yesterday- Punk'n Metallic Rubicon! Drove 3 hours to get it and I am thankful to say, based on the 3 hour drive back home, this beast does NOT have the loose steering issue some people have complained about. Was little more flighty than the Jeep Commander I traded in, but overall a stable, enjoyable drive. One-handed it most of the way. Posted in the Punk'n Orange club if you want to know the packages it came with.

20200404_190419.jpg
Did you do the "proper" break in on your way home? Wondering how "stringent" the break in is? We are driving 3+ hours up to pick up our Beast tomorrow and will have a 3 hour drive going 70+mph lol so going 55-65 after the first hundred miles will put me at a 7 hour ride at least..yikes...
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Did you do the "proper" break in on your way home? Wondering how "stringent" the break in is? We are driving 3+ hours up to pick up our Beast tomorrow and will have a 3 hour drive going 70+mph lol so going 55-65 after the first hundred miles will put me at a 7 hour ride at least..yikes...
Just drive it normally and you will be fine. I picked mine up with a 4-5 hour drive home with a mixed of interstate and back roads and it has broken in fine. Only caveat I would say is wait about an hours worth of driving for the adaptive learning to settle in a bit before using the cruise control or you could get some surging and transmission shifting up and down if the adaptive learning has not had a base line write to the PCM.

I would also stick to no towing until after the first 500 mile period.

HWKIGRL

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Gladiator Overland, 2” Mopar left. Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Small business owner
Just drive it normally and you will be fine. I picked mine up with a 4-5 hour drive home with a mixed of interstate and back roads and it has broken in fine. Only caveat I would say is wait about an hours worth of driving for the adaptive learning to settle in a bit before using the cruise control or you could get some surging and transmission shifting up and down if the adaptive learning has not had a base line write to the PCM.

I would also stick to no towing until after the first 500 mile period.
Thank you! Perfect direct answer! Love it! I never use cruise control so that won’t be an issue and the rest I can easily abide by.

Sponsored

Weasel Caesar

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
No I sure didn't, haha. I tested the cruise control pretty much immediately once I hit the highway, and it handled everything just fine. I didn't realize the error of my ways until later, when I was reading some posts here about the break-in period (this is literally my first new car- always bought used prior to this). But anyway, doesn't seem to have caused any issues. Jeep still drives great and I don't notice any gear wandering with the auto, so I guess it worked out okay.

HWKIGRL

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Small business owner
No I sure didn't, haha. I tested the cruise control pretty much immediately once I hit the highway, and it handled everything just fine. I didn't realize the error of my ways until later, when I was reading some posts here about the break-in period (this is literally my first new car- always bought used prior to this). But anyway, doesn't seem to have caused any issues. Jeep still drives great and I don't notice any gear wandering with the auto, so I guess it worked out okay.
Thanks for answering. A little more “confidence” to shove in my arsenal before we start our journey today!
You hear so much conflicting information, that I had myself worried I’d do “the wrong thing.” I purchased my Jeep Grand Cherokee (new) from a dealer In the next town over but only 5 or so miles from my house, and most of the first miles we’re taking my son back and forth to school for a few weeks 7 mikes each way... But a few on the highway and I kind of have a lead foot, my first “long” trip was A couple weeks in so still in the “500” and it was stop and go fast LA traffic. My GC ran perfect not a single issue in two 1/2 years till a guy couldn’t figure out how to drive in the rain, hit us TWIcE and totalled my vehicle!!
But really most everything I’ve read on here is that the break-in instructions in the manual are “decent guidelines” but things go ok even on the “long distance” buying trips.
I’m glad you’re enjoying your Gladiator and CONGRATULATIONS on you NEW ride!!

HWKIGRL

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Small business owner
Jeep Gladiator Took Delivery of Your JT? Sign in Here! 629AB66B-CDD9-48A3-9BB2-8269EB936C13

Picked him up and had to stop at this cool abandoned house on the way home. 3 hours up, 4.5 plus home home on the “scenic” route. For anyone who knows So Cal driving The Grapevine was an absolute PIA!! Crazy strong winds whipped up On the already crazy wind-ey road, my first time ever driving the Gladiator..heart may have stopped.
2” Mopar lift is in, tires and wheels didn’t make it in time, local dealer is putting them on next week! Now to find a steel bumper and bull bar!!
thank you all for the info and support...

FishChowder

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Cmax
Picked him up and had to stop at this cool abandoned house on the way home. 3 hours up, 4.5 plus home home on the “scenic” route. For anyone who knows So Cal driving The Grapevine was an absolute PIA!! Crazy strong winds whipped up On the already crazy wind-ey road, my first time ever driving the Gladiator..heart may have stopped.
2” Mopar lift is in, tires and wheels didn’t make it in time, local dealer is putting them on next week! Now to find a steel bumper and bull bar!!
thank you all for the info and support...
I expect a thread in the build section so we can follow all of these additions you have planned. :rock:

Sponsored

HWKIGRL

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Small business owner
I expect a thread in the build section so we can follow all of these additions you have planned. :rock:
Absolutely So much inspiration on here., I have a lot to live up to!!

Jacquaman

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Gladiator
Thanks for adding me to the forum! We just took delivery of our JT a couple of weeks ago.
She’s pictured here in pre delivery at the dealership.
Moons ago we had a CJ-7. Then we had a TJ in ‘97. My advice is to never sell a Jeep. You will always miss it.

4255A7F1-1FC4-4C0A-A496-31C47601313C.jpeg

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
Thanks for adding me to the forum! We just took delivery of our JT a couple of weeks ago.
She’s pictured here in pre delivery at the dealership.
Moons ago we had a CJ-7. Then we had a TJ in ‘97. My advice is to never sell a Jeep. You will always miss it.

Jeep Gladiator Took Delivery of Your JT? Sign in Here! 4255A7F1-1FC4-4C0A-A496-31C47601313C
That is great advice!
Sponsored