Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
I am interested in seeing what folks carry for tools and tool type items (spare parts maybe?) for their various trips.

I currently have a relatively small tool bag with various things in it - and up until now there has only been one torx bit I have needed to borrow from a neighbor since all my main tools are still in another state. But I am primarily looking for a better tool storage option since the bag is difficult to use, hard to see in, doesn't protect things well, etc... As well as any specific tools you may have found to need while out and about.

If you are using tool storage such as milwaukee boxes like I see a lot it would be helpful to see the inside of the boxes as well. I am looking for a solution better than loosely throwing tools into one large box. Something better organized - but not 200 pounds either.
Sponsored

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
Iā€™d say the tools I carry now are a slimmer selection of what I used too. I like being prepared for roadside emergencyā€™s so I pretty much had everything. If they need a tow truck, I canā€™t help.

The photo attached is from my last truck. Iā€™ve since paired down to just carry the essentials. Itā€™s still more than most but I definitely donā€™t go on a trip without all this. I HATE being at the mercy of someone else to come save me, that includes AMA.

12929C72-3D13-4209-A65E-979E5382FAAF.jpeg

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
So what I have now is down about 50lbs because I donā€™t need the floor jack. Under the back seat I keep the air compressor and impact gun.

F9B3797B-F9A9-48E0-9596-6D219CDB257D.jpeg

C47E46F5-7627-4A35-A0F8-E25DE34F6676.jpeg

A8359726-B92F-43D6-84AE-F3C0192501B9.jpeg

toddarama

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Gobi
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I do IT stuff so I can buy Jeep stuff.
I'll second Plywood's vote for the official tool rolls. I bought myself a three pack of those for Christmas and have labelled each pocket with what I have in there (ie. one pocket is SAE sockets, one is Metric Sockets, one is socket wrenches and extensions, etc..).... I also have watertight plastic bin in the bed for recovery gear, hitch ball and other larger items.

Sponsored

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
Where is the challenge if you bring tools?

I have two 4 x 6 x 19 tool boxes that I toss in a few basic items. Electrical meter, scan tool, tape flashlight are in one. The gets 3/8 and 1/4 drive sets a few wrenches, pliers, screw drivers, Torque and Allen sets, and the hammer for when things don't go right.

OP
OP
chorky

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Thanks for all the great replies so far! I have been thinking of this for some time and am debating between a roll or a box with padding to keep noise down.

are there any particular sized sockets or wrenches you have needed that may not be so ā€˜typicalā€™?

I live dangerously. I only carry a 10 mm socket that is somewhere in my engine compartment!
Haha man I font even want to think about how many 10ā€™s I have left under the hood of customers cars when I was a tech.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Make sure you pack a roll of 7mm vacuum hose to fix your hardtop leak on the trail.

OP
OP
chorky

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester

Sponsored

mog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubicon, '09 C4500 Kodiak
Occupation
Kodiak Buckaroo
If you spring for a 2023 20th Anniversary Edition Rubicon {sorry JL only} (392- $69,585 and 4xe version-$90,895) they will include an 82-piece tool kit :angel:
Jeep Gladiator Tools and tool boxes - let's see em jeep tools

I've switched to the tools rolls that have large zipper pockets and the one bag for big stuff and 'supplies'. Not a complete loadout, but a start. I like the soft bags as they get moved to different vehicles (C4500 Kodiak, RZR RS1), so easier to tuck in and quieter.

Jeep Gladiator Tools and tool boxes - let's see em T1

Jeep Gladiator Tools and tool boxes - let's see em t2

Jeep Gladiator Tools and tool boxes - let's see em T3

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
MikešŸ–¤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
So I've got that 44" Tractor Supply toolbox (its in a toolbox thread on here somewhere) that I keep everything in. And then within it, I have everything divided up with multiple Harbor Freight Apache boxes. It's probably about 200lbs worth of stuff I would think.