Sponsored

Tops! Canopy / covers / toppers / racks possibilities for Gladiator - Show me!

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Sorry if duplicate

first_commercially_producted_cj5_camper_artical_1.jpg

first_commercially_producted_cj5_camper_artical_2.jpg

advertising_cj5_camper_7.jpg

e7f029b73e41c1ba44f2460aa9aa08c6.jpg

jeep-camper-marketing-5.jpg

jeep-camper-marketing-6.jpg

JeepCamper1965.jpg
5jeepsAZ, hi . . . I see your still living in a different "Time Zone" ! Is it "Back to the Future" with ya ? Or has the newly discovered Black Hole (in Space) started sucking you in ? :involve: . Keep the "old-timey" stuff alive . . . some a bit before my time - to young to remember 1st hand, but as a young boy I do (now) re-recall seeing some of these on the roads of Long Island. :clap: ;)

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
With this exo you could add a bed rack as well and have the ability to attach stuff to the sides.
GladiatorRackRoll3.jpg
GladiatorRackRoll4.jpg
GladiatorRackRoll4.jpg
Wonder how that would do with the soft top. I've got a few years minimum before I find my way into a Gladiator, but a rack like that where I can still open and close soft top would be amazing.

Sponsored

Gambrinus

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Land Rover Dormobile 200tdi
If Jeep shows up at EJS 2020 with one of those I hope you at least get credit!!

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I'm really hoping someone comes out with that exo rack. That on a gator JT with the 2" mopar lift and some steelies would look awesome.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
5jeepsAZ, hi . . . I see your still living in a different "Time Zone" ! Is it "Back to the Future" with ya ? Or has the newly discovered Black Hole (in Space) started sucking you in ? :involve: . Keep the "old-timey" stuff alive . . . some a bit before my time - to young to remember 1st hand, but as a young boy I do (now) re-recall seeing some of these on the roads of Long Island. :clap: ;)
IDK what's with my fascination. Love the old stuff! Lol that issues are all DejaVu all over again... I couldn't stop if I tried. More coming soon to a post near you!

4 (2).jpg

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Put some graphics on it and we can make it the Honcho edition.
GladiatorHoncho.jpg
Obsession, the mad man's friend.

I think they should call that the 2021 EJS Reny Edition!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
You keep this up and Mark Allen is going to invite you over for Plywood and Beer to discuss your career opportunity with Jeep. That's my fantasy anyway........ Is that weird? , nothing sexual. :CWL::LOL::giggle::jk::beer:

Sponsored

OP
OP

stylindylan

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited ( JL)
Here's a closer view of the Wayout. Never noticed the built in compressor before. The compartment blender with Jeep stickshift handle is pretty "Wayout" there. As a whole, definitely on track on what I would like see in the aftermarket. Just give us that diesel to pull that extra weight around.

https://www.motor1.com/news/345363/jeep-gladiator-wayout-concept-detailed/

Bobs85Reny

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ7 Renegade, 81 Cj8 Scrammler, 84 CJ8 Scrambler, 89 YJ Laredo, 06 Wrangler LJ, 86 CJ7, 02 Liberty, 16 jeePatriot
Wonder how that would do with the soft top. I've got a few years minimum before I find my way into a Gladiator, but a rack like that where I can still open and close soft top would be amazing.
If you design enough height to the exoskeleton it should clear. Also you would have to have the rack so it can be hinged to lift so you can easily drop the top back,Here it is with a soft top.
GladiatorRackRoll5.jpg
GladiatorRackRoll6.jpg
GladiatorRackRoll7.jpg

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
With this exo you could add a bed rack as well and have the ability to attach stuff to the sides.
GladiatorRackRoll3.jpg
GladiatorRackRoll4.jpg
GladiatorRackRoll4.jpg
"perfect"(?) for the hardcore "professional" YouTube Overland-Exploring Fanatic type, but for 99% of the "rest of us," just to much potential for excessive wind noise for everyday use.
Is this contraption a thing ? or just a talented mind gone astray ? :LOL: :like: :)
Sponsored