Sponsored

Tops! Canopy / covers / toppers / racks possibilities for Gladiator - Show me!

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
LMAO, after looking at this more, the leitner cross support pieces will be inside of where the bestop topper is. Just too much midification.

Next option is like what @Bobs85Reny came up with, the rack with a topper that goes ontop of it. Probably would be easier, but I wonder what a custom canvas top like this would cost.....UGH.

Jeeps are EXPENSIVE!
I think I went post happy yesterday on this Leiter thing, lmao.

I forgot about the boxes that leiner has in their system, no way those would work with a topper inside of it, but could work with a topper over it. Now I need to take up sewing..... Ugh.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

I forgot about the boxes that leiner has in their system, no way those would work with a topper inside of it, but could work with a topper over it. Now I need to take up sewing..... Ugh.
Yea I’m super torn with what direction I want to take this in... I don’t think I want a soft cover... but I like the versatility of being able to use the whole bed when needed.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Yea I’m super torn with what direction I want to take this in... I don’t think I want a soft cover... but I like the versatility of being able to use the whole bed when needed.
I want to use whole bed vertically when needed, but also have mostly weatherproof storage like a normal fiberglass topper.......

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
I plan on getting a bed rack with moveable rear cross beam to allow larger items when needed. I plan on getting a roll-up tonneau cover that mounts to the inner bed rails (unlike the factory one). The tonneau will keep my stuff in while keeping other stuff out ... and won't reduce visibility.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I plan on getting a bed rack with moveable rear cross beam to allow larger items when needed. I plan on getting a roll-up tonneau cover that mounts to the inner bed rails (unlike the factory one). The tonneau will keep my stuff in while keeping other stuff out ... and won't reduce visibility.
Any examples of these for other trucks like the Tacoman?

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

If I don't make this myself, who do I ask to make this? An apohlsterer, seamstress? Never needed a custom fabric thing created.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
If I don't make this myself, who do I ask to make this? An apohlsterer, seamstress? Never needed a custom fabric thing created.
A seamstress could do it. You should provide the measurements though (measure twice ;))

Bed rack + tonneau combos ...

I think it's possible to find a tonneau that could work with the Leitner bed rack. I haven't seen one yet though.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A seamstress could do it. You should provide the measurements though (measure twice ;))

I think it's possible to find a tonneau that could work with the Leitner bed rack. I haven't seen one yet though.
I think that's the challenge, we'll have to find one that does work. Or push someone to make one... then again, it's possible leitner had this in mind with their design... didn't someone say that one of the manufacturers is already working on one of those hard retractable covers? Might be good to introduce them to leitner :angel:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Measure 17 times.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Measure 17 times.
maybe an auto customs place... not sure if you have those around you. Actually - it may even be worth asking leitner... maybe they know someone who could do it? I'm talking about leitner like we're friends... :lipssealed:
Sponsored