Sponsored

Tops! Canopy / covers / toppers / racks possibilities for Gladiator - Show me!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I'm pretty sure there's a small air vent under the seat, so you wouldn't have to use the air vents on the back of the center console. I've been thinking about a way to build some ducts that redirect the air between the rear seat cushion and seat back. Maybe some flexible duct hose and a vacuum cleaner attachment like this one, and then I wouldn't need Katzkin Degreez.
upholsweb.jpg
71OOHYZi8vL._SX425_.jpg
i didn't mean out of the rear vent, i meant I would intercept the air flow somewhere below the center console and do a "Y" connection to it.
Sponsored

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
I am working on a project with @ralphjjr that I think will solve that issue and many others. Most of the Fab work on the camper portion is complete. So far everything is working out very well. our designs have multiple configuration options. This is what is going to make this very unique. I promise I will post more in depth details when we have this completed. I have been putting in many late nights on this project. That is one of the reasons I have not had much time to post more renderings. As much as I like to come up with concepts I also want to prove they work. Sometimes you need to think "INSIDE" the box to do something different instead of following what everyone else is doing. Right Ralph
Wait is that like a secret insider thing? What could he mean, "INSIDE" the box?????

They're going to make the box of the Gladiator out of mirrors so it looks bigger than it really is??

Maybe they were ordering Donuts while working on this and somebody saw something in one of the donuts "INSIDE" the box that gave them an epiphany about making a mobile donut food truck camper???

IT COULD BE ANYTHING GUYS/GALS!:movember:

In serious-land, I'm super excited to see what you guys are working on (@ralphjjr and @Bobs85Reny ), just please make some details knownst before Alu-Cab has their topper/camper things done.
I am so behind on life and this forum lol
I’ve been trying to manage my time better...

Anyway, I think what we’re working on should be really good... lol we’ll keep building the hype.
Hopefully in the next week or so we can show something...

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
The three ribs are for mounting their rack or RTT. Their rack looks great but another $1000.

I did not order their rails either. I will attach directly when I need that capability.
Please start a new thread on the install with lots of pics of the rest of us...
It’s,going to be either this or the Alu-Cab one.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Is there any fiberglass toppers on the market yet? Debating the RLD but a fiberglass option would be lighter and substantially cheaper.

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow - Firecracker Red
We installed the Access LITERIDER today. Fits great with our bed rack :like:
We added a little thicker weatherstripping to take up the extra space that our mounts make.

We will say that we prefer the one hand latching cord of the Access Original or Limited Edition over the LITERIDER separate lock and latch. It may be worth the extra coin to you as well. They offer the Lorado as well if you want the cover to be a .5" shorter.

Video overview here:

Sponsored

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
This is my dilemma.
I just bought a Roofnest Eagle ( https://roofnest.com/product/2019-eagle/ ) and it is about 83” long so it will definitely extend over the front cab.
The overall design is very aerodynamic so I’m hoping that even though it will be higher it won’t increase the drag too much.
Didn’t want to dig up an old post, but searched and didn’t see if you ever said- which rack did you go with, and have you installed the Eagle yet? I’m getting ready to pull the trigger and trying to decide on a rack...

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Didn’t want to dig up an old post, but searched and didn’t see if you ever said- which rack did you go with, and have you installed the Eagle yet? I’m getting ready to pull the trigger and trying to decide on a rack...
I don’t have my Gladiator yet. Hoping to get it in a couple of weeks.

Right now I’m looking for an enclosed cab like RLD or Alu-Cab if they come out. We want to take the truck to Baja and so I want some security...

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
I don’t have my Gladiator yet. Hoping to get it in a couple of weeks.

Right now I’m looking for an enclosed cab like RLD or Alu-Cab if they come out. We want to take the truck to Baja and so I want some security...
Is baja dangerous?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Is baja dangerous?
It's Mexico, I'd be afraid unless you're going to a resort. Lmao

Are you taking your JT to a Baja all inclusive resort @smlobx?

Ive seen traffic with Benicio Del Toro, I know what goes on there.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant

I don’t think that traveling in Baja is any more dangerous than any other country outside the US.
I think that one needs to be aware of their surrounding and if you stop in a town to get gas, groceries etc. having the ability to lock up your rig is important as some people are very poor and if an opportunity presents itself they may be tempted. Heck that holds true here in the US also. I don’t leave my truck unlocked when I go into town here....

As an example we stopped in a small town in Namibia earlier this year to reprovision before crossing the Namib desert and as is usual in Africa there were literally a hundred people standing around in the front of the grocery store. Naturally we drew some attention being the only white people there. People were very nice for the most part and when we came out several people offered to help us carry the groceries to the truck which was only about 50 ft away. We politely declined but were followed to the truck. One guy was being a little pushy with my wife on the other side of the truck as we were loading the stuff in the back of the cab and started to “suggest” she help him with some change. I heard the discussion and came around the truck to see what was going on and told him to get lost. At the same time a cop came buy and proceeded to pull out his baton and confront the guy who quickly walked off. The cop apologized and we went on.

I think if we had not locked up the truck there would have been things missing when we got back...

Sponsored

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
Where I live I haven't ever taken the keys out of my vehicles... if you vacation here you can find a gently used gladiator with the doors off and the key in between the cupholders for your enjoyment...

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy

It's not too bad. The drug dealers and gangsters are a little more upfront about it in the cities. The cops are corrupt. Always had a great time in Baja though.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not too bad. The drug dealers and gangsters are a little more upfront about it in the cities. The cops are corrupt. Always had a great time in Baja though.
I was mostly kidding, never been to baja. Sure would like to someday.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Damn that does look good. Im trying to decide between the jcr full rack or ace 2.0 bed cover with rail for overlanding. Any suggestions?
Sponsored