Sponsored

Tops! Canopy / covers / toppers / racks possibilities for Gladiator - Show me!

MeanMachine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon JT
I’ve heard that 2x now talking with other guys with the RTT and RLD. The airlift is hilarious. Looked at the website on how to install and pump up. With a connection in the gas tank or out the back. I thought maybe I’d do a 60lb rack and the Decked system. But that Decked is 203lbs alone! RLD is only 175lbs. So seems I’ll need some falcon shocks and a might as week get a lift if getting those. Thanks man!
it was a good solution for me - I won't keep the tent up there year round, so if I went with longer springs in the back to be balanced under full load, I'd have a really unbalanced rig with no tent / gear. Post pictures when you're done!
Sponsored

AKGerman

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Gas and ULSD consultant
S
it was a good solution for me - I won't keep the tent up there year round, so if I went with longer springs in the back to be balanced under full load, I'd have a really unbalanced rig with no tent / gear. Post pictures when you're done!
will do! lol. Just noticed RLD has your truck as marketing photos on their website

JeepRealtor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thekashatteam.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (Bright White), 2019 Ford Expedition Limited Stealth Package (Magnetic)
Occupation
Realtor
Maximus-3 Overland + Roofnest Falcon 50"

Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 7.19.35 AM.png
Looks great! I want this but am waiting to see other compatible accessories first.

Sponsored

bakenatj

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I am looking for advice on what truck bed cover works best with the Yakima OverHaul HD System? I don't care if it is soft or hardcover, just want something that works well with that rack system. Thanks for the help!

crashbashsmash

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Student
About the same plans I have.

Pondering on it more.... I kinda think I want my rack to extend the entire length of the top of the truck from the tailgate to the windshield. Extended over the roof of the hard top of the Jeep and probably have support bars come down the a pillars for more strength. Since the RTT has a sloped roof I ain't too worried about it sticking out in the wind Once I am setup and the tent is popped up just unzip the front of the tent and walk out on the roof rack of the truck and have a porch. Perfect for a nice vantage point for those infield camping days at the NASCAR track, some chairs on the roof of my Jeep and be up above everyone else. I'd have a 2 story campsite!

As for as overlanding/expeditionary traveling I don't think I'd have a fridge or anything that will need power, I know you can get propane powered fridges but it's an added cost and added item i'd need to worry about carrying. At most some flood lights for setup would be wired in and maybe have a small solar panel somewhere for awning lighting, or other small things like a radio etc. A hard sided cooler like RTIC or Yeti or the such that can hold ice for a good period of time would be best for my purposes. Most I'd be out there is a good long weekend, 3 or 4 days tops.

The more I think on this the more I like it. Someone make a roof rack that goes from windsheild to tailgate!!
I have no idea if you've found what you were looking for since this, but the fab fours bed rack features an extender (now, I don't remember seeing it before recently) that goes all of the way to the front pillars. From there it either just secures to the base of the pillar, or to Fab Fours big ass grumper windshield thing that they have. Just figured you'd like to know, because I've been interested in a setup like that too. I have not pulled the trigger on ANYTHING yet, haha, but I certainly have shopped plenty.

Sgt. Pepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I am looking for advice on what truck bed cover works best with the Yakima OverHaul HD System? I don't care if it is soft or hardcover, just want something that works well with that rack system. Thanks for the help!
+1 on this

Sponsored

Jeeptruck

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon launch edition
That's pretty cool looking - looks like wood frame and canvas? 👍
Exactly! I wasn’t going to the trouble of welding a frame until I decided if I like the looks of it or not.
my plan is to build a frame where the top opens like a hatch with some struts to hold it open to make it useful fo hauling stuff, and also add a couple supports to the back while open to support my rooftop tent.

Jeeptruck

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon launch edition
Exactly! I wasn’t going to the trouble of welding a frame until I decided if I like the looks of it or not.
my plan is to build a frame where the top opens like a hatch with some struts to hold it open to make it useful fo hauling stuff, and also add a couple supports to the back while open to support my rooftop tent.
Jeep Gladiator Tops! Canopy / covers / toppers / racks possibilities for Gladiator - Show me! C199EB68-E4F2-4D98-B00D-6FDD57446769

I initially built this frame for the tent so I could use it last year.