Sponsored

Tow Mirrors - Rampage Adapters for JT/JL

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
I'll be doing some testing in the next day to show what an additional 10 degrees of mirror angle gets. Here are the new adapters with the increased wedge/angle.

16062306029045741121297097314289.jpg
Please post comparison pics of the original adaptor and the new version, with mirrors set at the extreme in and out positions. I’d be interested to see the differences. Thx.
Sponsored

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
SwampNut,

Absolutely! I will be offering replacement driver side adapters (two (2) wedges that attach to the mirrors). Once I get the new design tested and presented to the forum for feedback, I will be listing them for sale. There will be no need to purchase an entire new set.

Thanks again!

T. Andrew Horn
THORN-ENGINEERING
excellent, I could stand just a bit more angle out for drivers side mirror. Still think these are brilliant for these odd sized mirrors.

avbuser

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Hey folks for anyone looking to pick up a pair of the rampage mirrors, themselves, Amazon has got a good deal for 25% off right now so comes out to just under $27.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BZQZCN8/

Just got mine & got the adapter from ebay, solid quality thanks for creating!

OP
OP
Thorn-Engineering

Thorn-Engineering

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT, 09 G8, 06 Ram 2500, 83 CJ7, 68 Firebird
Occupation
Engineering Manager (ME)
Everyone,

As shown in the post a few above, the driver side adapter has been redesigned with an additional 10 degrees of outward angle. This has significantly increased the ability for the mirror to be adjusted outward to the point where a trailer is not even seen. This, in my mind, offers a much more usable adjustment range. Below are some pictures showing the difference between original and second revision. I held my phone/camera in the middle of the headrest as a common point (look at the trailer in the factory mirror and its pretty close to the same in each picture) and adjusted the Rampage mirror all the way inwards and outwards. The trailer in the pictures is a Triton 12' long, 101" wide, clamshell snowmobile trailer. This is as wide as a trailer can be (legally) and tow mirrors are an absolute must when pulling it. One (1) trip up north without them lead me to design the adapters (which I used for years pulling the same trailer with me JKUR).

Original tow mirror adapters adjusted fully "in" and "out":

Jeep Gladiator Tow Mirrors - Rampage Adapters for JT/JL ?hash=06e0ed47b373aa2fabde8b04e298b5f6

Jeep Gladiator Tow Mirrors - Rampage Adapters for JT/JL Original-Out

Revision 2 (+10 degrees) driver side tow mirror adapters adjusted fully "in" and "out":

Jeep Gladiator Tow Mirrors - Rampage Adapters for JT/JL 10 Degree-In

Jeep Gladiator Tow Mirrors - Rampage Adapters for JT/JL 10 Degree-Out

I am looking for feedback from anyone on whether this is provides what some have been asking for. I will be updating the full set adapters to include the new design for the driver side. I'll also be offering a retrofit fit kit with two (2) new driver side adapters for around $15 for those of you would like to update.

As always, I love the input from the forum and look forward to continuing to improve the design where it makes sense. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Once I get some feedback, I will begin printing and offering the updated sets/retrofits. My goal would be to have this done by December 1st.

Thanks again!

T. Andrew Horn
THORN-ENGINEERING

Original-In.jpg

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
It provides what I have been waiting for, great job on listening and following through, I will be ordering a revised set when you have them avalible, Thanks!....Jack

Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Guess I should have said, I've been waiting to purchase the whole passenger and latest version driver side set when you have them up, unless they are up already....Jack

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Checked they are up and I ordered!....Jack

OP
OP
Thorn-Engineering

Thorn-Engineering

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager (ME)

Sponsored

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '21 JLU 80th | Past '20 JTR, '18 JLUR
Everyone,

As shown in the post a few above, the driver side adapter has been redesigned with an additional 10 degrees of outward angle. This has significantly increased the ability for the mirror to be adjusted outward to the point where a trailer is not even seen. This, in my mind, offers a much more usable adjustment range. Below are some pictures showing the difference between original and second revision. I held my phone/camera in the middle of the headrest as a common point (look at the trailer in the factory mirror and its pretty close to the same in each picture) and adjusted the Rampage mirror all the way inwards and outwards. The trailer in the pictures is a Triton 12' long, 101" wide, clamshell snowmobile trailer. This is as wide as a trailer can be (legally) and tow mirrors are an absolute must when pulling it. One (1) trip up north without them lead me to design the adapters (which I used for years pulling the same trailer with me JKUR).

Original tow mirror adapters adjusted fully "in" and "out":

Jeep Gladiator Tow Mirrors - Rampage Adapters for JT/JL Original-In

Revision 2 (+10 degrees) driver side tow mirror adapters adjusted fully "in" and "out":

I am looking for feedback from anyone on whether this is provides what some have been asking for. I will be updating the full set adapters to include the new design for the driver side. I'll also be offering a retrofit fit kit with two (2) new driver side adapters for around $15 for those of you would like to update.

As always, I love the input from the forum and look forward to continuing to improve the design where it makes sense. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Once I get some feedback, I will begin printing and offering the updated sets/retrofits. My goal would be to have this done by December 1st.

Thanks again!

T. Andrew Horn
THORN-ENGINEERING

Sent you a PM.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
My adaptors came today, went together easily, mount solid without pulling too hard on strap. You did an excellent job and your son counted the screws perfect. I put some 3M two sided tape on the small clamp then did a couple wraps with super 33 electrical tape just so I couldn’t loose them.
I really want to thank you for doing this you are literally a lifesaver, there isn’t really anything close to this for us....THANX!
Jack

OP
OP
Thorn-Engineering

Thorn-Engineering

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager (ME)
My adaptors came today, went together easily, mount solid without pulling too hard on strap. You did an excellent job and your son counted the screws perfect. I put some 3M two sided tape on the small clamp then did a couple wraps with super 33 electrical tape just so I couldn’t loose them.
I really want to thank you for doing this you are literally a lifesaver, there isn’t really anything close to this for us....THANX!
Jack
Jack,

Thank you for the feedback! My son is all about making Jeep Truck Parts!

I've seen a couple tweaks for the small hook/clamp. Glad you got something that works.

Thanks again!

T. Andrew Horn
THORN-ENGINEERING
Sponsored