Sponsored

TPMS not working

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I have aftermarket wheels and the tpms (Mopar) aren’t working.
Took it back to Jeep and they replaced the module and the tpms was fine for about 20 miles and then shut off again.
Checking to see if anyone else is having issues?

@JeepCares is there a fix for my issue?
Sponsored

wyldefreebyrd

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White Gladiator Rubicon
Mine no longer work with after market wheels. Think it's how the module sits in the wheel. Tire pressure shows correct but tire pressure light is always on.

bradj1964

First Name
brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport
my driver side rear shows a red tire no pressure on dash since I put on aftermarket wheels and tires, bought a superchips tuner turned it off problem solved, plus I could set my taller tire for speedo recalibration with it also

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
my driver side rear shows a red tire no pressure on dash since I put on aftermarket wheels and tires, bought a superchips tuner turned it off problem solved, plus I could set my taller tire for speedo recalibration with it also
What pressure are y’all running? I was running 32, and they dropped to 30, throwing the light. I added slowly driving in between increases, and the pressures went up but the light stayed on until I aired them up to 38. Once I did that, the light went out and I dropped them back to 34. The light stayed off.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
After market wheels should not interfere with the signal.

There is the chance that Gomer or Skip at the tire store smashed them mounting the tires.

There is also an upper and lower activation threshold.

Have someone with a proper TPMS tool reset them

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
After market wheels should not interfere with the signal.

There is the chance that Gomer or Skip at the tire store smashed them mounting the tires.

There is also an upper and lower activation threshold.

Have someone with a proper TPMS tool reset them
There’s no “reset” involved with these. When the tire rotates, it send a pressure signal to the receivers. The system will detect any correct signal from the tires. I’m using aftermarket sensors, and the system detects them automatically.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
There’s no “reset” involved with these. When the tire rotates, it send a pressure signal to the receivers. The system will detect any correct signal from the tires. I’m using aftermarket sensors, and the system detects them automatically.
The sensor sends RFID signal, the "head" or receiver has to "learn" or establish communications with the sensor. There are times this has to be forced, and a TPMS tool is used to force this connection.

Like many other things that happen "automatically" they don't always work "automatically".

Sensors will need to be initialized before the receiver will recognize them in some/many cases.

OP
OP
camodog

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been to 3 Jeep dealerships and they can’t get them to work for more than 30 minutes.

This is what happens every time. And then it stays this way regardless of turning the truck off and back on. It never connects again.

8E0C6CCB-AF1F-42BA-899B-443CCD6C0CDA.jpeg

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
What aftermarket TPMS sensors are you using?

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
What aftermarket TPMS sensors are you using?
It’s a set I bought from an eBay seller. They were marketed as OEM, with a factory part number, but I have no idea if they really were. They work just fine. I was able to test 1 of them (was set of 5) with my JK before I sold it.

OP
OP
camodog

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FWIW, this is the reply from the wheel manufacturer:
“This is the first we’ve heard of sensors not actually working when installed on wheels. 99% of the time a TPMS issue comes up when trying to install the sensor in the wheels and it won’t fit. All our street, trail and rally series are designed to accommodate the sensor. Our engineer will do some research to look into this but unfortunately there is not anything we can do right now to help out.”

I knew it wasn’t the wheels fault, but I am getting annoyed that Jeep can’t get this figured out. My next appointment is 9/17. Fingers crossed they will have a solution this time.

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
Did they ever have a solution for this??

OP
OP
camodog

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not yet.
I am hoping to have it picked up tomorrow with working sensors.
The dealership that did the install used JL TPMS and apparently they have to be JT TPMS.
Not covered under warranty either since the wrong parts were ordered

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Not yet.
I am hoping to have it picked up tomorrow with working sensors.
The dealership that did the install used JL TPMS and apparently they have to be JT TPMS.
Not covered under warranty either since the wrong parts were ordered
I don’t think that is true. JL, JT, and 2013+ JK sensors should all work. The older JK sensors will not. The set I’m using also worked with my 2015 JK. I bought a set of 5, used 1 to replace a dead sensor in the JK, and used the remaining 4 in my JT.
Sponsored