Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a tour company that does trips up the Mount Washington Auto road in the winter with tracked Chevy vans. the auto road closes in the fall to normal traffic.

Jeep Gladiator Tracks seem like over kill but to each his own great-glen-trails-outdoor
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I think i speak for the general consensus when I say, "If you really need it, that's fucking awesome. But if you don't, that's an expensive poser piece".

The fact that your boss saw this in what looks like a strip mall parking lot without a hint of snow on the ground may inform how this particular truck is used, and I'll judge accordingly.

Sponsored

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
Anyone have any idea what would happen if you engaged lockers? Would the differentials explode :CWL:? Or is the consensus that the axle components could handle this just fine? Also - do you need to be in low range to use these tracks? Regular 4H?

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
Anyone have any idea what would happen if you engaged lockers? Would the differentials explode :CWL:? Or is the consensus that the axle components could handle this just fine? Also - do you need to be in low range to use these tracks? Regular 4H?
There’s gotta be a weak link somewhere and unless you’re on a sheet of ice I guarantee it’s not going to be traction.

Most likely you’ll pop a u-joint if you try to turn with those on pavement with lockers engaged.

timwiller

First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 J-3600 Gladiator. 2021 Willys Sport
Occupation
retired
you can put tires on those portal axles too. that gets the pumpkins in the breeze!

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By the way, I've seen this accessory at a hunting and outdoors show, on an ATV. I see more of a use case for that than putting it on a Jeep.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
The Tazer can program for these. :giggle:

AND that truck still has a Monroney sticker on it.

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I spoke with a guy last year that checks on camps in Maine for people, he had a SxS on tracks, said it was pretty unstoppable but the reduction gearing built into the tracks made it pretty slow.

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I spoke with a guy last year that checks on camps in Maine for people, he had a SxS on tracks, said it was pretty unstoppable but the reduction gearing built into the tracks made it pretty slow.
Yeah, it’s going to be painfully slow compared to stock unless you like driving it at redline. The efffective tire size is basically that top “wheel” plus the thickness of the belt. So maybe 18”?

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
$115k !!!!
Obviously it’s worth it. I mean, according to the listing “With the keyless entry system on this 2021 Jeep Gladiator you can pop the trunk without dropping your bags from the store”!

My Gladiator doesn’t even have a trunk, let alone one I can open with the keyless entry. I drop my bags from the store all the time.

Reactions: Mac

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
This dude is the worst boss.

boss I can’t make it into work today, there’s a ton of snow and I just can’t get up the driveway

boss - say no more, I’m on my way.
Sponsored