First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JTRD, 2013 JKR
Occupation
Own Brandywine Graphics
Parked in my garage after getting home from work, and noticed a small puddle under my JT. Thought it was water at first, but it was tranny fluid. Crawled under and the oil pan bolts were wet the transfer case mount was wet, and everywhere in between. Now by wet I mean it had oil on them, bolt heads were drippy. Dried everything off and it is seeping from the spacer between the tranny and transfer case, on the transfer case side.
I cleaned the whole area up and waited a while to be sure and took another look. It is slowly seeping out of the seam.
Anyone else have this issue? Wondering if I should try to tighten the bolts, even though they look factory tight.
I just dread bringing it to my dealerā€¦..they are a hack, for doing anything other than an oil change (even that they donā€™t do good).
Itā€™s hard to see in this pic, because I had wiped it off. You can just see it starting to weep in this pic.

Jeep Gladiator Tranny fluid on ground at 900 miles? DBEC7F74-118D-4F25-A000-4970C3BC49F5
Sponsored

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
This happened to me on my previous gasser JT,it wasn't the tranny oil pan though it was the oil pan for the motor,I noticed it and I was like wait.....I got a new truck this shouldn't be happening,
but surprise surprise most of the oil pan bolts were basically finger tight,so I just zipped them down with my ratchet and boom problem solved,also I snapped one of the bolt heads on the oil pan lol,

Now that I think about it I wonder if the guy who bought my truck is on this forum...šŸ™‚

OP
OP
crawlzone207

crawlzone207

First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JTRD, 2013 JKR
Occupation
Own Brandywine Graphics
This happened to me on my previous gasser JT,it wasn't the tranny oil pan though it was the oil pan for the motor,I noticed it and I was like wait.....I got a new truck this shouldn't be happening,
but surprise surprise most of the oil pan bolts were basically finger tight,so I just zipped them down with my ratchet and boom problem solved,also I snapped one of the bolt heads on the oil pan lol,

Now that I think about it I wonder if the guy who bought my truck is on this forum...šŸ™‚
Oil pan bolts are tight.....that is what I was hoping for.....the wind from driving got the fluid everywhere...once we let it run sitting you could see it leaking out of the seam above

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oil pan bolts are tight.....that is what I was hoping for.....the wind from driving got the fluid everywhere...once we let it run sitting you could see it leaking out of the seam above
man hopefully a seal to where the tranny is with the torque converter isnt leaking from there or to were the tranny mates with the T-case,cause if so.............your jeep might be in the dealer for a while man,i remember i took my jeep for the steering tsb recall it took them 3 months,but to replace my waterpump it only took them 6 days,and i was pretty impressed to say the least
also cause of that i thought my tranny oil pan and or my engine oil pan was leaking so thats were i had my whole ordeal of tightening the bolts for both pans lol

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Holy crap how damn tight did you gorilla those down to snap a bolt? Those will take some crazy torque before yielding.

Sponsored

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Holy crap how damn tight did you gorilla those down to snap a bolt? Those will take some crazy torque before yielding.
im not even gonna like i tightened them down kinda hard but i was just grabbing my ratchet near the head to achieve not snapping a bolt but i still did.......but those bolt heads are pretty tiny so it kinda makes sense in a way,idk šŸ˜‚

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
im not even gonna like i tightened them down kinda hard but i was just grabbing my ratchet near the head to achieve not snapping a bolt but i still did.......but those bolt heads are pretty tiny so it kinda makes sense in a way,idk šŸ˜‚
Remind me not to arm wrestle with you LOL

OP
OP
crawlzone207

crawlzone207

First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JTRD, 2013 JKR
Occupation
Own Brandywine Graphics
My Jeep was leaking trans fluid around 1000km. Turned out the input shaft seal was buggered. They changed the seal, pan and gasket under warranty.
Iā€™m hoping that is all it isā€¦fingers crossed!

Sponsored

OP
OP
crawlzone207

crawlzone207

First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JTRD, 2013 JKR
Occupation
Own Brandywine Graphics
Well brought my JT to the dealership yesterday. Was there about an hour and the service writer let us know that they canā€™t tell why itā€˜s leaking and that it has to go under the knife. Basically have to take the tranny and transfer case out and figure out what the cause is. At least that is what Chrysler told them to do.
Iā€™m hoping itā€™s just a bad sealā€¦..
I just hope when I get the truck back that itā€™s done nicely and not all messed up. I donā€™t have much trust with this dealership, but it would be a nice surprise if itā€™s done right.
I was told that I should know today what is wrong.
Iā€™ll update once I know what is up.

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
Well brought my JT to the dealership yesterday. Was there about an hour and the service writer let us know that they canā€™t tell why itā€˜s leaking and that it has to go under the knife. Basically have to take the tranny and transfer case out and figure out what the cause is. At least that is what Chrysler told them to do.
Iā€™m hoping itā€™s just a bad sealā€¦..
I just hope when I get the truck back that itā€™s done nicely and not all messed up. I donā€™t have much trust with this dealership, but it would be a nice surprise if itā€™s done right.
I was told that I should know today what is wrong.
Iā€™ll update once I know what is up.
Any idea when your truck was built? Wonder if this is a fairly common issue? If it is of any reassurance to you, my Jeep has been great since.

OP
OP
crawlzone207

crawlzone207

First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JTRD, 2013 JKR
Occupation
Own Brandywine Graphics
Any idea when your truck was built? Wonder if this is a fairly common issue? If it is of any reassurance to you, my Jeep has been great since.
I ordered it July 31st of this year. Received it the middle of September.
I did a search and it seems it's been going on from 2018.
Usually either a bad seal that was messed up from factory or a warped transfer case.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Multiple Jeep family, my wife trades every 2 to 3 years. Never had a Jeep product leak fluid (ok, where's a nice piece of oak to knock on.......)

OP
OP
crawlzone207

crawlzone207

First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JTRD, 2013 JKR
Occupation
Own Brandywine Graphics
Multiple Jeep family, my wife trades every 2 to 3 years. Never had a Jeep product leak fluid (ok, where's a nice piece of oak to knock on.......)
I have owned many JK and JL jeeps and this is the first one to leak....
Sponsored