First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
Any updates on this? I haven't contacted SCW yet. Guessing this is why they sold their mats so cheap??

EDIT- I contacted DeeZee directly, waiting to hear what they say.
Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
Any updates on this? I haven't contacted SCW yet. Guessing this is why they sold their mats so cheap??

You got an awesome price for a bed mat- that you plan on using to protect your bed... and you are concerned with it being off color? Iā€™m not sure the color is going to degrade from itā€™s functionality. There must be some cleaner or treatment that will do something to improve the color.
I installed a smart liner 6 weeks ago and couldnā€™t tell you what color it is, but I can tell you I havenā€™t worried about scratching my bed since!

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT

This is not cheap, it's a normal price for a Dee Zee mat this size based on Amazon prices. Dee Zee responded to me and said I had to go through the seller. SCW sent me a replacement and did not want the original back. The replacement shipped from a distributor in Kansas City, not from SCW. Unfortunately, it has the same problem. It looks like Dee Zee has a manufacturing issue. SCW has had excellent customer service.
jt Dee Zee mat 2.jpg

I will be reaching out to SCW and Dee Zee to figure out next steps.

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
This is not cheap, it's a normal price for a Dee Zee mat this size based on Amazon prices. Dee Zee responded to me and said I had to go through the seller. SCW sent me a replacement and did not want the original back. The replacement shipped from a distributor in Kansas City, not from SCW. Unfortunately, it has the same problem. It looks like Dee Zee has a manufacturing issue. SCW has had excellent customer service
When Amazon wants $130 and SCW is selling for $40+ less, that is a cheap(er) price. Iā€™m referring to price, not the quality of the product.

Anyways, so now you have two whitewashed mats. What else can they do? Did they offer to refund your money or was accepting the replacement the only recourse? I certainly donā€™t need two. Originally I figured they just came like that. Maybe I continue to accept that as I really didnā€™t care about the appearance. Iā€™m running a tonneau cover over the bed anyways.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
This is not cheap, it's a normal price for a Dee Zee mat this size based on Amazon prices. Dee Zee responded to me and said I had to go through the seller. SCW sent me a replacement and did not want the original back. The replacement shipped from a distributor in Kansas City, not from SCW. Unfortunately, it has the same problem. It looks like Dee Zee has a manufacturing issue. SCW has had excellent customer service.
jt Dee Zee mat 2.jpg

Et tu? So you got 2 for the price of one. Seems like a pretty good deal for perfectly useable mats - one of which you can now sell and recoup your investment.

Sponsored

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When Amazon wants $130 and SCW is selling for $40+ less, that is a cheap(er) price. Iā€™m referring to price, not the quality of the product.

Anyways, so now you have two whitewashed mats. What else can they do? Did they offer to refund your money or was accepting the replacement the only recourse? I certainly donā€™t need two. Originally I figured they just came like that. Maybe I continue to accept that as I really didnā€™t care about the appearance. Iā€™m running a tonneau cover over the bed anyways.
Here's carid.com's price. Just because Amazon is expensive doesn't SCW is cheap, it looks like a commonly available price.
deezee carid.PNG

It was not sold as a factory second and every Dee Zee mat I see in a retail environment is solid black, even the mats in their outlet store. And since I'm not familiar with the manufacturing process and what caused the defect, I don't know what the long term affects will be on the integrity of the mat. I'm glad you're happy with yours, I'm still investigating.

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
Here's carid.com's price. Just because Amazon is expensive doesn't SCW is cheap, it looks like a commonly available price.
It was not sold as a factory second and every Dee Zee mat I see in a retail environment is solid black, even the mats in their outlet store. And since I'm not familiar with the manufacturing process and what caused the defect, I don't know what the long term affects will be on the integrity of the mat. I'm glad you're happy with yours, I'm still investigating.
I have to add Carid shipping & tax, itā€™s quite higher than the price I paid.
i didnā€™t say I didnā€™t want a proper mat, just that I donā€™t want two improper. Donā€™t really have a brand preference either so if theyā€™d suggest sending something else, sure Iā€™d entertain that idea.

P.Lo

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
SMARTLINER K0459 - Rugged Rubber Liner Mat for 2020 Jeep Gladiator
are back IN STOCK for those who were waiting!

Incommando

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sport max tow Sting-gray, ā€˜95 YJ
Through what site?.

Sponsored

P.Lo

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Ordered my Smartliner late Tuesday night, has arrived 2 1/2 days later.
Just unboxed it, and rolled it out in bed........fits great, looks great.
Still a little roll from being packaged, but it a beautiful sunny 80* day here in NC.......couple of hours and I'm sure it will be laying nice and flat!
Very HAPPY with this mat!
UPDATE: Perfectly flat within 2 hours.
20200320_123512.jpg
20200320_123042.jpg

Last edited:

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jt Dee Zee mat 2.jpg

Informational follow up, in part to let everyone know that SCW has great customer service. After SCW checked their inventory, they found that a lot of the mats had a similar issue. They refunded my money, most of which I used to purchase a JT/JL Rugged Ridge Phone holder from them. They got credited for the defective mats, but they may be out shipping, I don't know for sure.

According to Dee Zee, they do not manufacture these mats, they just put their name on them. That's why they required me to go through the seller. And be aware that since the second defective mat came straight from the distributor, paying a higher price from a different company doesn't guarantee you'll get a mat without the same issue.

Again, throughout the whole transaction, SCW was very responsive and provided good service.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Informational follow up, in part to let everyone know that SCW has great customer service. After SCW checked their inventory, they found that a lot of the mats had a similar issue. They refunded my money, most of which I used to purchase a JT/JL Rugged Ridge Phone holder from them. They got credited for the defective mats, but they may be out shipping, I don't know for sure.

According to Dee Zee, they do not manufacture these mats, they just put their name on them. That's why they required me to go through the seller. And be aware that since the second defective mat came straight from the distributor, paying a higher price from a different company doesn't guarantee you'll get a mat without the same issue.

Again, throughout the whole transaction, SCW was very responsive and provided good service.
Interesting. Would have sworn DeeZee was the OEM for these bed mats as they seem to be the biggest name selling them. I wonder who the actual OEM is?

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. Would have sworn DeeZee was the OEM for these bed mats as they seem to be the biggest name selling them. I wonder who the actual OEM is?
That surprised me too. I suspect that they manufacture the metal stuff and re-brand stuff like the bed mats.

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
I reached out to SCW a week ago and unfortunately havenā€™t heard back from them once. So Iā€™m still waiting for their great customer service to kick in (which is compounded by the pandemic)
Sponsored