Sponsored

Truck bed mat for Gladiator, rubber?

Steppenwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX 350; 2016 Hellcat Challenger; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon.
For those of you with the Smartliner, would it provide some comfort for dogs? I’m looking at both that and the BedTread
The liner's definitely on the thick side of rubbery, so I'd venture to answer 'yes,' in that it provides protection from contact with a hard cold metal bed.

However, I'd also recommend using a 'comforter'-type blanket on top of the liner for the dog(s) to sit on both for softness and some additional warmth (if needed).
Sponsored

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
just ordered the DeeZee mat from Sport Compact Warehouse, hopefully SCW is a decent vendor for the sale

Last edited:

P.Lo

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Finally decided to pull the trigger on a SmartLiner.......went to Amazon and they are Sold Out, and no date for getting more! :(

And then I noticed the DeeZee mat has gone up in price to $128.00!!!!

I'm thinking i should have invested in the Gladiator Rubber BedMat business!!!!;)

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
Finally decided to pull the trigger on a SmartLiner.......went to Amazon and they are Sold Out, and no date for getting more! :(

And then I noticed the DeeZee mat has gone up in price to $128.00!!!!

I'm thinking i should have invested in the Gladiator Rubber BedMat business!!!!;)
The price for the DeeZee on Amazon is terrible, my order from SCW just arrived yesterday, and I think I paid around $91 from them

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
For now I’m using a horse stall mat that I had left over from my gym. Trim about 10 inches off of the bottom, and make cuts for the fender wells and that’s it. It’s heavy enough to stay put at interstate speeds, good temporary protection, still allows things to slide some and with a 2x6 cut for the rear bed slots works great for my current bed carry needs.

Sponsored

Steppenwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For now I’m using a horse stall mat that I had left over from my gym. Trim about 10 inches off of the bottom, and make cuts for the fender wells and that’s it. It’s heavy enough to stay put at interstate speeds, good temporary protection, still allows things to slide some and with a 2x6 cut for the rear bed slots works great for my current bed carry needs.
After a couple weeks of experience with the SmartLiner, there's been no slipping or sliding of anything put on it. The surface is very 'grippy' in that respect. I also think the way the liner's 'lip' flares up against the edges of the bed is a good feature, in the event of any liquid spillage while driving.

'Course, my Rubi has the Mopar hard metal tonneau cover, so going down the road or freeway there's really no wind-effect hitting on whatever items are resting on the Liner.

P.Lo

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
FYI, This is the response from SmartLiner when asked about approx timing of re-stock, since they are presently SOLD OUT.....

Smartliner USA03/03/2020
We are expecting a new shipment to be ready around the 23rd of March.

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
Thanks to the information from this thread, I ordered and received my DeeZee bed mat from SCW. However, I'm not happy with the discoloration and prefer an entirely black mat. I've reached out to SCW and DeeZee (local company) and will see how they respond.

IMG_20200306_161154.jpg

P.Lo

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Thanks to the information from this thread, I ordered and received my DeeZee bed mat from SCW. However, I'm not happy with the discoloration and prefer an entirely black mat. I've reached out to SCW and DeeZee (local company) and will see how they respond.

IMG_20200306_161154.jpg
So is that just dirty from the manufacturing process and will clean off,
or is that a permanent stained color in what is supposed to be a black mat?

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
mine was the same way, never bought a truck bed mat before so I just thought thats how it was

Sponsored

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So is that just dirty from the manufacturing process and will clean off,
or is that a permanent stained color in what is supposed to be a black mat?
Permanent stained color in what is supposed to be black mat or the black finish was never applied.

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mine was the same way, never bought a truck bed mat before so I just thought thats how it was
Nope. I checked them out at the local Fleet Farm store before I ordered (Fleet Farm didn't carry the Gladiator model) and their's were all solid black. The mats at the factory outlet were all black also, I didn't know there was a factory outlet until after I ordered.

Steppenwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

IMG_20200306_161154.jpg
Good gawd ... Eeeck! :puke:

My new, outta-da-box Smartliner was solid black, not washed out like that. :no:

Only two options there: refund or replacement.

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
Nope. I checked them out at the local Fleet Farm store before I ordered (Fleet Farm didn't carry the Gladiator model) and their's were all solid black. The mats at the factory outlet were all black also, I didn't know there was a factory outlet until after I ordered.
Well I’m curious what they tell you then!

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon

IMG_20200306_161154.jpg
I think that is staining from chalk that is often used in rubber extrusion process to lubricate release from the mold. There is a fine line in the heating process to were it should just remove easily with normal cleaners vs. being baked into the product. I think you have the latter.
Sponsored