Truck bed mat for Gladiator, rubber?

cgm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Rubicon
Has anyone attempted to use a short bed Tacoma bed mat in a Gladiator? I searched, but came up empty. I'm trying to figure out if my mat and rails can be used once i trade in my Taco
Sponsored

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
I reached out to SCW a week ago and unfortunately haven’t heard back from them once. So I’m still waiting for their great customer service to kick in (which is compounded by the pandemic)
After I emailed their support, I got a delivery confirmation follow up email and I replied to that also. Maybe the reply is what triggered the timely response, I recieved the response on a Sunday.

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
I reached out to SCW a week ago and unfortunately haven’t heard back from them once. So I’m still waiting for their great customer service to kick in (which is compounded by the pandemic)
After engaging in chat support with SCW, they finally answered my email and requested I send them pictures. So I'm doing that next. The quest continues...

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
After engaging in chat support with SCW, they finally answered my email and requested I send them pictures. So I'm doing that next. The quest continues...
And now I need to repackage the mat and it will be returned to Sport Compact Warehouse. Not sure why they told others to keep their defective mat? Fingers crossed that I'm not stuck with some additional shipping costs here.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
And now I need to repackage the mat and it will be returned to Sport Compact Warehouse. Not sure why they told others to keep their defective mat? Fingers crossed that I'm not stuck with some additional shipping costs here.
That is going to suck if they do not cover it and give you a return shipping label. They get cheaper bulk commercial pricing when they ship. On your dime, that is going to be pricey for both weight and oversize charge.

If the do not cover it, I would look into what if any protections your credit card you made payment with has. Some credit card issuers have coverage for things like this and can either cover it outright, or push back on SCW with a threat of a chargeback to make them cover it.

Sponsored

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
That is going to suck if they do not cover it and give you a return shipping label. They get cheaper bulk commercial pricing when they ship. On your dime, that is going to be pricey for both weight and oversize charge.

If the do not cover it, I would look into what if any protections your credit card you made payment with has. Some credit card issuers have coverage for things like this and can either cover it outright, or push back on SCW with a threat of a chargeback to make them cover it.
They've given me a RMA barcode for the return, so my guess is they're paying for it. Supposedly UPS will be attempting to pick up the mat tomorrow.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
They've given me a RMA barcode for the return, so my guess is they're paying for it. Supposedly UPS will be attempting to pick up the mat tomorrow.
Cool, sounds like the driver will probably have your printed shipping label then.

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
Latest update- so my returned mat was received on Monday and haven't heard a peep from them since. Could be due to the pandemic fallout?Basically just want my money back at this point. Frustrating experience.

z0lt3c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Ordered my Smartliner late Tuesday night, has arrived 2 1/2 days later.
Just unboxed it, and rolled it out in bed........fits great, looks great.

The amazon listing for this line says "Truck Bed Mat, will not fit with spray-in bed liner or plastic bed liner" but based on your pics it looks like you do have a spray in bedliner and the mat did fit?? I've been holding off on ordering this because of my bedliner.

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
Latest update- so my returned mat was received on Monday and haven't heard a peep from them since. Could be due to the pandemic fallout?Basically just want my money back at this point. Frustrating experience.
Money returned yesterday. Sigh, I’m done with this thread.

Sponsored

P.Lo

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
The amazon listing for this line says "Truck Bed Mat, will not fit with spray-in bed liner or plastic bed liner" but based on your pics it looks like you do have a spray in bedliner and the mat did fit?? I've been holding off on ordering this because of my bedliner.
I read that to when i was shopping, but it didn't make any sense to me because a spray-in liner is only about an 1/8" thick, so I ordered it anyway.....and even though these mats have an angled lip that rest against the sides.........it fits about as perfect as can be. I'm thinking that the Liner warning description was solely intended for reference of a plastic Drop-in liner which would take up a lot of "foot print".

o2bnkc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 2002 Corvette convertible, 2008 Peterbilt 388, 2008 HD Heritage
Occupation
owner/operator/guitar picker
AutoAnything has bed mats, tonneau covers, etc. for Gladiators. I've been using them for years to buy stuff for all my vehicles. They have free shipping on everything. No minimum price. They also guarantee the lowest prices. No hassle to return anything, either. Just a hint, if you want an even lower price on their stuff, don't just order online. Talk to someone on the phone. They will always knock the price down even more.

Rollcast

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Has anyone attempted to use a short bed Tacoma bed mat in a Gladiator? I searched, but came up empty. I'm trying to figure out if my mat and rails can be used once i trade in my Taco
I had a Tacoma and the mat I used was a chevy full size that I had gotten cheap and cut to fit. It almost fit into the gladiator, but it required a little trimming around the wheel wells. Also, it doesn't quite cover to the sides behind the wheel wells. Thus, I would say a tacoma specific mat would be a poor fit.

cgm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Rubicon
thanks for responding... fortunately/unfortunately, my gladiator plans are now on hold for a couple of years.

In all this crazyness, we are managing to do a buy-sell for a new home. We will make a nice chunk of change on the old one, and roll everything into a new one that is a sweet upgrade. A truck payment (and the $x,xxx into mods to make the gladiator work for me) aren't the right move right now. i have been drooling over the gladiator, but unfortnately, the time isn't right.

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
I got the Dee zee unit from Dee zee on Amazon and it's perfect. I'm going to tether to the bed corners in the front just in case it gets air under it.
Sponsored