First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Following. Great ideas. I too like the modularity. Can't wait to see the first prototype. I'll put my built/purchase on hold for now in anticipation for the release.
Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
It weighs 58 lbs, costs $450 at Cosco, and takes 10 hrs to fully charge via 110AC, 100 watt solar, or 12V DC direct from a car battery. But other than that you nailed it.
Compared to other options available the only benefit I see is buying it off the shelf

OP
OP
TennesseePA

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
There is no benefit to it. It is too heavy, and despite what my friend above says the specs in the link provided say 24 hours to charge and MSRP is $700 per the link provided. It is not weatherproof so so it has to have a spot inside a vehicle or tent. Lead acid technology is outdated and, for our intended use, obsolete.

OP
OP
TennesseePA

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
You are entitled to your opinion...but how do you get your cords out of the Pellican case and it still be weatherproof? The link was not for an AC100 it was for an AC 660. I said “for our purposes lead acid is obsolete “ and I stand by it. 660 watt hours is only 55 Ah and lead acid limits you to about 50% of rated capacity. 27 amp hours is not enough to power a fridge, a few lights and charge your cell phone. The most efficient refrigerators use about 1Ah. I use may LiFePO4 batteries, that only weight 30 pounds, to do all of the above and power my CPAP. Average CPAP is about 4.5Ah so the largest Duracell will not even make it through a single night without recharging. Yes if you want to start your car a lead acid will work. If you want to do anything else with an auxiliary power source they totally suck.

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
TennesseePA

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
That is really sweet

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I love seeing solutions like this!

My biggest pet peeve is setting up camp in a perfect spot with no one around, then another camper show up. My second biggest pet peeve is that camper being noisy...one way they are noisy is firing up a generator or leaving their vehicle running.

briandmiles

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 JTR ecodiesel, GMC Yukon XL Denali
If it does everything TennesseePA says it does then I would buy it. And it would be a good deal at that price.

Brian

B-RAD

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator (on order)
Occupation
Fleet Manager
If this was installed in a trailer would it be able to charge thru the trailer wiring ?
Not sure if that even makes sense but I’d rather have it in my trailer than my truck bed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TennesseePA

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
If this was installed in a trailer would it be able to charge thru the trailer wiring ?
Not sure if that even makes sense but I’d rather have it in my trailer than my truck bed.
Yes it can be mounted in a trailer. The installation kit includes enough cable to run to the rear of your vehicle. Install an Anderson plug on the trailer and cable to the unit and your good to go. The built in DC-DC charger will handle it from there.

The before mentioned troll didn’t really help with your question directed to me. I really wish said troll would go away but it looks like we are stuck with His Majesty King of the Idiots.

OP
OP
TennesseePA

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
As far as the product we are going to offer I am also exploring the idea of a cable that will reach back up to the front to power the winch or use as a jump system. The ability to self jump or nose nose jump a buddy has been mentioned a few times. Also the ability to self recover in the event of engine or electrical failure is one of my own thoughts.

OP
OP
TennesseePA

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
OK we are back to some normalcy here. Sorry for the brief interlude.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
I am a total noob when it comes to portable power and am not ready to commit to a fridge in my rig yet, but did need something for a cpap...I purchased this

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FJ24265/ref=emc_b_5_t

I'm hoping it will fit my needs. I don't actually plan to camp for multiple days at a time and will drive for several hours each day between overnights...I will use the vehicle and maybe a solar panel to charge it, but $600 compared to $1900 seems like a big jump...

I am only asking for education as I don't really understand most of this. I'm sure if you are indeed camping for days at a time and running a fridge/freezer, you need additional capacity in your batteries, but is your setup overkill for most people?
Sponsored