Sponsored

Underside / chassis photos of Jeep Gladiator

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
Looks like if you need to fit a tire carrier larger than 35 inches it would be impossible to put under the truck. You would need to get a bed mounted spare carrier.
Sponsored

MOPAR Boy

First Name
Mopy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
For my mall crawler, I plan to immediately throw those useless rock rails away, and replace them with automatic running boards (like the Ford F-150 has), if and when AMP Research designs their POWERSTEP application to fit the Gladiator. Given the Rubicon Gladiator will easily cost $90,000+, out the door with its diesel engine option, including other various miscellaneous costs, such as: delivery and dealer prep, 10% state sales tax, license, lifetime bumper-to-bumper EFW, 10 years of oil changes, etc. Discounts off of MSRP will be non existent for the first few years, of course, when we are talking about the oil burner version of the Gladiator. Let's just hope there is no second sticker to take it higher than $90,000 for us "must have at any price" diesel fanboys, but I'm told this is wishful and unrealistic thinking on my part. Then, there's the necessary cost of adding the Mopar 2-inch lift kit, and a nice set of Falken 35-inch Wildpeak M/T's. This baby, when accordingly equipped, will be kissing right up against $100,000, all told out the door/off the lot, similar to the MSRP of a 2019 Ford Super Duty F350 Limited Edition, fully optioned out. I just can't figure out why Jeep doesn't have AMP automatic running boards (same as Ford F-150 OEM's) as a factory option. I'd gladly pay $5,000 additional for that beautiful convenience. It also baffles me as to why the Gladiator does not have an option for a factory installed 2 inch lift, and 35 inch either Falken Wildpeak M/T's or BFG version of same. I mean, like the Mopar lady said whilst doing her walk around of the Mopar equipped Gladiator at the LA Auto Show, she even said herself, "What Rubicon owner out there does not want 35 inch mudders?!"

www.amp-research.com/products/truckaccessories/powerstep/

Last edited:

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Beautiful! Thanks for the pics. An actual JT. I loved my Comanche. But this... Yowsa

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Anyone confirm if those are production welds? Saw it debated, just wondering if people think the better bits will hold if the bumper hangs with a load on. Guess I'm wondering if it would tear apart. Seems like it is prepped for top weight and pulling. What do people see for twist tortion? Can it navigate a craw loaded?

Sponsored

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU
Sweet dual exhaust but like the spare tire I can see them get mushed if rock crawling the JT. Also after getting 37s + I know I wouldnt put the spare under the bed and would people really want to stuff 37+ under the bed?!?! I suppose there will eventually be an add-on to shield the spare but still not a big fan of going under a truck to grab any heavy spare; especially in the mud.

As for dual exhaust (yeah sweet!) looks like I would have to fabricate some beefy steel U bolts to weld or bolt onto the rear bumper to protect the tips.

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
Sweet dual exhaust but like the spare tire I can see them get mushed if rock crawling the JT. Also after getting 37s + I know I wouldnt put the spare under the bed and would people really want to stuff 37+ under the bed?!?! I suppose there will eventually be an add-on to shield the spare but still not a big fan of going under a truck to grab any heavy spare; especially in the mud.

As for dual exhaust (yeah sweet!) looks like I would have to fabricate some beefy steel U bolts to weld or bolt onto the rear bumper to protect the tips.
I think with all the other junk under there it would be impossible to fit a spare mount for bigger than 35 inch tires without some serious modification. I am hoping someone comes out with a bed spare like this:
14451871_0.jpg

It would take up bed space but the bed or the roof is the only option. You could do a swing out tire mount on the rear bumper but with the bed it would look wierd and would be a pain to swing out tire just to put down tailgate. I would rather have a bed mounted spare carrier.

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
Appreciate the post and your guys time and effort to get us some pictures of the underside. Was wondering what it looked like.
Sponsored