UPDATE: JL line shutdown, 7k JT Government Orders - Possible UAW Strike

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Why am I sure that we are all on the list now? I say to all, come at me bro, I drive Jeep. ;)

b6a9d85e3edf0ad21e1f8a3ea064aed3.jpg
Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I have been on the JL forum since the beginning and since JLEnginline joined over there he has always had true and accurate info. It is quite clear that he works in the factory. This of you running your mouths about what was initially described as an unconfirmed rumor have lost all respect from me. I stopped reading over on the JL forum because so many a-holes had taken over the bulk of the conversation...looks like you guys are trying to do the same thing.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
We are not doubting the messenger, we know he provides good info. Just think in this case he was fed a not so believable story. Bear with us.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I have been on the JL forum since the beginning and since JLEnginline joined over there he has always had true and accurate info. It is quite clear that he works in the factory. This of you running your mouths about what was initially described as an unconfirmed rumor have lost all respect from me. I stopped reading over on the JL forum because so many a-holes had taken over the bulk of the conversation...looks like you guys are trying to do the same thing.
Jay's join date is Jan 13,2015 Mine is Jun 1, 2016 you Dec 4, 2017. So neither of of have been around since the beginning.

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
And you sir are one of those very assholes I was talking about. I only joined the forum when I decided that I could add relevant information to the conversation. I really hope you enjoy your miserable life because you have obviously peaked.

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
We... Well... most of us are not trying to be assholes, just keeping it real by saying there is no other source or place in which the rumor exists, so it could possibly be not true (chances are it isn't true), it is quite possible the @JL-Engineline has been fed fake news. Not trying to say he is lying but it is quite possible that the guy who told him was lying. There are people out there who lie and make up so much shit just for attention.
If he is right then may the holy JT gods praise him. I see a few purposes in which the government might buy the JTs and so he might be right. But my bet is it isn't true. The government would never get such an expensive vehicle if there are trucks like the Colorado and ranger that can do the same but cheaper eventhough the government is dumb they are not that dumb.

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
And you sir are one of those very assholes I was talking about. I only joined the forum when I decided that I could add relevant information to the conversation. I really hope you enjoy your miserable life because you have obviously peaked.
You should just chill. Arguing with his miserable ass will just create an argument and make things worse.

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
No I am not triggered. I deal with stupidity all day at work and then I have to come home and try to relax while and see a few people who just have to disagree with everything and always have to be right. You actually felt like you had to go to the JL site and see when I joined! Doesn't that seem a little off to you? It sure does make me wonder, that is why I would say you have peaked in your life...Why else would you care about anything I say? You feel the need to bring others down to validate yourself.

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-
The initial production of the Gladiator is a 2020 MY. Also a previous post on JL forums said they can run nearly 900 JL's a day on the line. Since the JT is on a nearly identical line I'd suspect once fully running they could cover a similar capacity barring supply chain issues. Even at 500 trucks a day capacity and model year changeover starting in May 2020 we could see upwards of 180,000 2020 JT's if we avoid strikes and other planned shutdowns.
First, not sure how your adding up the numbers. Let alone how you would compare the line rate of the JT to that of the JL. They are different vehicles and require much different line timing and build procedures. It’s not just components but vehicle size (length, width) that also contributes to line build variables.

Mike Manly said 75K per year. I believe it won’t be over 110K units per year. The reason is price point and there are fierce competitors in its market (Tacoma, Ranger, Colorado, Canyon, Rodgeline).

The JT build line will also support the Ram mid size (new Dodge Dakota). This will be the true competitor for the mid size market as it will offer the different cab and bed configurations.

I’m looking forward to owning a unique truck as the JT though. But I’m not anticipating it to fly off the assembly line. They will make profit even at low volume.
Sponsored