Sponsored

Update: (Trigger has been pulled on) About to pull the trigger on a Mojave, a few questions please.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m too lazy to look it up but there are two different backup camera options. Backup Camera by itself is standard, since it’s a law now.
The extra option, and I forget if it’s part of safety group or whatever, is that it beeps depending on distance.
I have a loaded 2020 rubicon and I love the backup beeps, use the front camera occasionally, the radar cruise control is great on long highway trips…
It’s up to you to decide what’s worth it, but I use and love all of those options. I think the Alpine stereo is pretty good even though I tried to “improve” it and messed it up.🤦‍♂️

I didn’t get heated seats and I terribly regret it, but I don’t miss under seat box or bed inverter for reasons previously mentioned.
Thank you.

I love my beeps. Much better than the camera.

Are you the guy who mentioned you daily drove a Miata in another thread? I did the same thing.

Before we had kids I had a STi and my wife had a Miata. I liked the Miata better so when my wife got pregnant and got a mommy car, I sold the STi and drove the Miata for about 8 months. After a while I couldn't take it any more. One big surprise was how much fun it was with 4 Michelin snow tires on it in the snow. Like a 4 wheeled motocrosser. (the car had a limited slip rear end)
Sponsored

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Thank you.

Are you the guy who mentioned you daily drove a Miata in another thread? I did the same thing.

Before we had kids I had a STi and my wife had a Miata. I liked the Miata better so when my wife got pregnant and got a mommy car, I sold the STi and drove the Miata for about 8 months. After a while I couldn't take it any more. One big surprise was how much fun it was with 4 Michelin snow tires on it in the snow. Like a 4 wheeled motocrosser. (the car had a limited slip rear end)
Haha yea I’ve had two of them through the years, both red. Still feel a little nostalgic when I flip the Sunrider back on my red gladiator!

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha yea I’ve had two of them through the years, both red. Still feel a little nostalgic when I flip the Sunrider back on my red gladiator!
There is a saying that it is more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow. The Miata had such wonderful balance that you could flog the crap out of it and it just wanted more. But acceleration was "leisurely" at best so you never actually ended up going that fast.

I could hammer the Miata onto an onramp near my house, and redline it in every gear with a huge grin on my face. When I merged with traffic I was going 75. If I did the same thing with the STi, I was going 120. And I wasn't having any more fun.

OP
OP
1996XJ

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
There is a saying that it is more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow. The Miata had such wonderful balance that you could flog the crap out of it and it just wanted more. But acceleration was "leisurely" at best so you never actually ended up going that fast.

I could hammer the Miata onto an onramp near my house, and redline it in every gear with a huge grin on my face. When I merged with traffic I was going 75. If I did the same thing with the STi, I was going 120. And I wasn't having any more fun.
Lol I drive the hell out of my cherokee on the freeway commute, i plan on keeping her until maybe parts can be purchased anymore. I just cant see not having it.

JTWAVE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Looks like everyone covered what you asked. All vehicles 2019 and up are required to have a back up camera. I noticed no one mentioned the front facing camera. It’s an option and pretty cool.

Sponsored

Johnnyh

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired
I got a really nice price from Gupton, and am ready to order. My dumb questions are does it come with a back up camera as standard or do i need to add the tow package? Does it come standard with the outlet in the bed or do i need to add the trail rail package for that? I looked at standard mojave info on jeeps website and didnt find an answer, im sure its on the forums but didnt see a thread that covered it. If anyone can help me out as im probably placing my order in the next 24 hours, or if you have any links that point out all the ins and outs of the mojave i appreciate it very much. Thank you, I mainly want to get the "heavy duty cooling" , that im pretty sure comes standard on the mojave. An outlet in the bed, and a back up camera (for my wife :).

As of now for sure ill add the LED package, the entertainment package, the Auxiliary switch group, front trail camera, spray in bed liner, i just want to see if there is anything else i need.
Thanks again
I was wondering if anyone is pulling a boat or camper? Does the Mojave come with a trailer wire harness?

Johnnyh

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired
I got a really nice price from Gupton, and am ready to order. My dumb questions are does it come with a back up camera as standard or do i need to add the tow package? Does it come standard with the outlet in the bed or do i need to add the trail rail package for that? I looked at standard mojave info on jeeps website and didnt find an answer, im sure its on the forums but didnt see a thread that covered it. If anyone can help me out as im probably placing my order in the next 24 hours, or if you have any links that point out all the ins and outs of the mojave i appreciate it very much. Thank you, I mainly want to get the "heavy duty cooling" , that im pretty sure comes standard on the mojave. An outlet in the bed, and a back up camera (for my wife :).

As of now for sure ill add the LED package, the entertainment package, the Auxiliary switch group, front trail camera, spray in bed liner, i just want to see if there is anything else i need.
Thanks again
I was wondering if anyone is pulling a boat or camper? Does the Mojave come with a trailer wire harness
Thank you.

is anyone purchasing an extended warranty?

Thanks again
[/QUOTE

Thanks again
Is anyone purchasing an extended warranty?

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
In addition to what has already been covered in above comments and responses- very minor but important thing to note in case your state mandates displaying both front and rear license plates- and if you are ordering from Gupton to make sure to insist adding front license plate bracket in your order. It should not cost anything at the time dealer place their order with JEEP. In my case I did mention having 2 license plate but Gupton somehow didn’t pay attention to my email and I had to order it myself from mopar to get the front license plate bracket. Rest it was all enjoyable experience buying from Gupton!

Can you belive this bs!!! I read your thread and emailed them and got this reply!

20210915_211437.jpg

Loujz

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thanks again
I live in SoCal as well. I bought mine in Las Vegas off the lot. It was loaded. only missing paint matched hard top.

OP
OP
1996XJ

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
I live in SoCal as well. I bought mine in Las Vegas off the lot. It was loaded. only missing paint matched hard top.
Did you avoid the dealer market adjustment? Thats the only reason i gave up on buying in our area.

Sponsored

ygrignon

First Name
Yanik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow, Maserati Ghibli, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
I was wondering if anyone is pulling a boat or camper? Does the Mojave come with a trailer wire harness?
It does if you add the Tow package.

BigM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave, Harley Softail Slim S
Occupation
Instructional Designer, Rutgers University
For heavy duty engine cooling you will need to go for trailer tow package. I don’t think that is standard in Mojave. I ordered my Mojave with trailer tow package and it has back camera and bed lights as standard plus I also ordered advanced safety group - really good feature it provides specially adaptive cruise control and forward Collision warning. I had led and top of the line alpine 8 speakers system with 8,4”screen - sound system is really impressive. I also added selec-trac to get AWD option which is not standard on any of the Gladiator trims! I didn’t go for front camera and spray in liner just to keep my price within my budget- plan to go spray in liner later in its life when paint will start showing some age. I didn’t go for trailer rail/ cargo management system either. If I need I can get sometafter market at cheaper price. Mojave is really good to drive on highways- and better/smoother/comfort able than overland or willys that I compared with before making my decision. The day I took deliver I was driving in really severe thunderstorm and coming from sedan I didn’t find anything challenging driving jeep Mojave, no steering issues or whatsoever sometime people complaint about so called “Jeep Thing”. Just make sure to get tire PSI checked and match to what is specified on door sticker when taking delivery. Hope this helps Go for it! You had made a good choice 👍🏽
Prior to purchasing the Mojave I did a little research and read this article that indicated it does come standard with the Max Tow Cooling Package. Which made sense because its a Desert Rated jeep.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/jeep-jt-gladiator-mojave-vs-gladiator-rubicon-whats-the-difference/

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like everyone covered what you asked. All vehicles 2019 and up are required to have a back up camera. I noticed no one mentioned the front facing camera. It’s an option and pretty cool.
Its a ridiculously priced option. But cool. Just not for $600

There are cameras that are supposed to be plug and play (with a configuration tweak from a Tazer) on ebay for $99. Which makes sense, since its really a $20 camera. It appears the only thing you give up is the washer jet. Which would be an easy retrofit.

You can get ones for $50 ish if you dont require plug and play.

Has anyone ever tried one of these ebay front cameras?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373620331372

johnh442

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, RAM 1500, Chevy SS
Occupation
Computer / Car Geek
Its a ridiculously priced option. But cool. Just not for $600

There are cameras that are supposed to be plug and play (with a configuration tweak from a Tazer) on ebay for $99. Which makes sense, since its really a $20 camera. It appears the only thing you give up is the washer jet. Which would be an easy retrofit.

You can get ones for $50 ish if you dont require plug and play.

Has anyone ever tried one of these ebay front cameras?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373620331372
There's a couple of threads on here about stock camera/washer jet. Its not all that easy its way too much work for the wiring and such. The stock option is one of those you should get (I didn't and its not easy to add -- the stock one has good integration).

Regarding an earlier poster about Select-Trac, it makes it AWD, so it balances front/rear torque based on conditions vs. 4WD which sends torque in a fixed ratio. So on dry pavement its essentially 2WD and any slippage changes the torque. It should help nicely in Snow to not have to worry about switching. You can select 2WD, 4WD Select-Trac, 4Hi, 4Lo, its an extra selection on that shifter.

Loujz

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you avoid the dealer market adjustment? Thats the only reason i gave up on buying in our area.
No markup. Worked deal and paid 6K less then sticker but they had additional markup of paint protection on it for 1K. But I was fine with the deal
Sponsored