Sponsored

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
Never said I didn’t respect your opinion, I just have the same trim and it’s hella uncomfortable for being in the vehicle longer than an hour, seats are stiff and I bought it brand new.
I believe you that you feel they are uncomfortable. Honestly I am sorry to hear it. It is a expensive mod to do well. Comfort is important. Ergonomics for your health as well.
Don't really want to flood the thread here with posts of different experiences. IMO the seats are comfy and have been fine for us doing 8 to 10 hours non stop sitting and driving. My wife drives the truck from here to Dortmund in about 6-7 hours and no complaints. We did an offroad tour, everyday about 4-5 hours on varying terrain, washboards to riverbeds to a few tricky obstacles. Getting bumped around a lot (only getting out to clear fallen trees and stuff). Quick lunch then another 4 or so hours. Camp for the night. 7 days no problem.
Sponsored

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I believe you that you feel they are uncomfortable. Honestly I am sorry to hear it. It is a expensive mod to do well. Comfort is important. Ergonomics for your health as well.
Don't really want to flood the thread here with posts of different experiences. IMO the seats are comfy and have been fine for us doing 8 to 10 hours non stop sitting and driving. My wife drives the truck from here to Dortmund in about 6-7 hours and no complaints. We did an offroad tour, everyday about 4-5 hours on varying terrain, washboards to riverbeds to a few tricky obstacles. Getting bumped around a lot (only getting out to clear fallen trees and stuff). Quick lunch then another 4 or so hours. Camp for the night. 7 days no problem.
Glad to read yours are working out for you, hoping I can find replacements that will fit my comfort needs.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leather or cloth seats?

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
find replacements
Hope you make a thread on it too.
We have a few brands that make good seats, but the prices are insane. Going to a person (Sattler), saddle maker, who customizes, repairs etc. costs even more.
Maybe that is a solution though. Just getting the padding changed, or is it the ergonomics and shape of the seat?

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hope you make a thread on it too.
We have a few brands that make good seats, but the prices are insane. Going to a person (Sattler), saddle maker, who customizes, repairs etc. costs even more.
Maybe that is a solution though. Just getting thee padding changed, or is it the ergonomics and shape of the seat?
It’s more about the padding for me

Sponsored

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
Leather or cloth seats?
Jeep Gladiator Upgraded Comfort without sacrificing safety>> Recaro Seats with airbags 1651769527467

Leather, my wife would have preferred cloth. Not many options here. Gotta take what the market offers. What I do enjoy is the seat heating and the, I never thought the day would come, the steering wheel heating. It is actually very nice. I never activated it on other cars. Seeing as it activates automatically and with the tazer on both sides, well... love it.

I am sure a shop in the states can figure out a okay priced solution to improve the padding.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Its crazy that jeep can make a seat that sucks so bad and then make the Mojave seat. I love the stock seats in the Mojave.
Lol, the Mojave seats have a little extra bolstering that’s about it. Guys say the same thing about the handling and ride, Mojave is basically just a set of shocks. It may ride a little better and the seats may hold a little better but it is not huge differences.

ilovebikes99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Blackout
Occupation
Motorcyclist
These seats are almost the exact same copy from a 2002 Audi S8 D2! Amazing!

OP
OP
DC3

DC3

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT GDE Ecodiesel, 22 Polestar 2
Occupation
engineer
These seats are almost the exact same copy from a 2002 Audi S8 D2! Amazing!
Good eye! The are the same shape and ergonomics but with more adjustability. Photo from my D2, no longer own.
Jeep Gladiator Upgraded Comfort without sacrificing safety>> Recaro Seats with airbags 1651775030943

Last edited:
OP
OP
DC3

DC3

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT GDE Ecodiesel, 22 Polestar 2
Occupation
engineer
The

Good eye! The are the same shape and ergonomics but with more adjustability. Photo from my D2, no longer own.
Jeep Gladiator Upgraded Comfort without sacrificing safety>> Recaro Seats with airbags 1651775030943
Might be able to find some of these seats from salvage yards, would be more cost effective.

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
The

Jeep Gladiator Upgraded Comfort without sacrificing safety>> Recaro Seats with airbags 1651802088296
I always wanted one of those after watching Ronin.

Manuel edition too. Nice.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
I'm going to discuss building a resistor/connector for the seat airbags. A good buddy of mine is an electrical engineer and has done alot of work with GM and Mopar.

I would get some new seats and not install the seat bags. I have gone this far in my life w/o airbags in my seat, I think I will survive.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I'm going to discuss building a resistor/connector for the seat airbags. A good buddy of mine is an electrical engineer and has done alot of work with GM and Mopar.

I would get some new seats and not install the seat bags. I have gone this far in my life w/o airbags in my seat, I think I will survive.
Depends on which car forum your on. Somewhere someone has done a DIY air bag delete using resistors when using aftermarket seats.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLUR, S5
These seats are drool worthy, love the mod OP. Now every time I take a long trip in the gladiator this will be in the back of my mind. :crying:
Sponsored