Sponsored

Very excited about Armorlite full interior, maybe my favorite mod yet.

Unkiebunk045

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Medical Sales
Half kit. Did them both at the same time.

If noise is your priority (not thermal) with the sound assassin, then the half kit is enough to kill the majority of the sound resonance.
my priority is nothing—-but then i go on the forum and I realize my priorities are way off 😂😂
Sponsored

Munkey Boy

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3, '79 CJ5, '21 JT Sport S manual.
Occupation
Camp Maintenance
Shit! Priorities just changed. Damn you!

Got a Catahoula that thinks she's a cat that this will be an absolute necessity for. How much does it run?

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Lol...you're right, carpet sucks in a vehicle (especially a Jeep or other truck).

I think I just need to see the Armorlite in person...while super practical for a rig that sees a lot of dirt, carpet *looks* a little more "finished" than a vinyl floor.

I know...as I type this out I can see that it is a stupid reason... :facepalm: :LOL:

The JT will replace my Audi and I do occasionally drive clients around, though not as much (at all these days) as I used to. I guess if a client isn't impressed with a lifted JT on 37s with Armorlite flooring, that would prove they are a horrible person and I don't need them as a client. ;)
Like a reverse mullet, you could get a carpet cutout to put on top of the Armorlite for the fancy days

Sponsored

Forum Crawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Working for the man every night and day
Carpet is breathable. Moisture and condensation can escape.

I’ll be curious to see how this affects the floor pan after long term use. In the South I could see a LOT of humidity and condensation built up under these so my concern long term would be corrosion.

They certainly appear to be quality but I can Line-X for less $ with no worries about trapped moisture.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I too am excited about this flooring option for my JT. I can’t wait to see the other colors coming. Hoping there is body color options. Would be really cool to see dual color custom option like body colors with black foot wells. I’d pay 💰 for that!

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I too am excited about this flooring option for my JT. I can’t wait to see the other colors coming. Hoping there is body color options. Would be really cool to see dual color custom option like body colors with black foot wells. I’d pay 💰 for that!
Are they coming out with different colors? That would be awesome! I have a set in my cart right now, but will probably hold off to see if they make them in blue.

Sponsored

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Are they coming out with different colors? That would be awesome! I have a set in my cart right now, but will probably hold off to see if they make them in blue.
A buddy Rhino lined the carpet he removed from his F-150 Raptor to the exterior color. It was already form fitted to his interior and worked out. Ballsy move. Don’t know if I could do it.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
A buddy Rhino lined the carpet he removed from his F-150 Raptor to the exterior color. It was already form fitted to his interior and worked out. Ballsy move. Don’t know if I could do it.
Wow, yeah. I don't know if the lease company would like that if I would happen to trade it in at the end... 🤣🤣 But I could see how it would work as a good template.

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, yeah. I don't know if the lease company would like that if I would happen to trade it in at the end... 🤣🤣 But I could see how it would work as a good template.
He owned his truck. But every vehicle I’ve leased and modified resulted in a check back from the leasing company from either the dealership buying it or auction.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
No matter what, I'm going to figure out a way to still run floor mats. Maybe something like the weatherTech that fill out the tub won't slip around.

I know over time floor mats look like crap, but then you just replace them. The same will hapen to the top of the Armor Lite, but it's expensive to replace every 3-5 years.

My CJ-7s never had fancy floor mat hold downs and they did not move around.....it's a least worth a shot for me.

PLAN:
  1. Remove carpet
  2. Full sound deadening
  3. Armor Lite
  4. Floor mat of some kind

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Will probably depend on how dark the base material is. If it's already a blackish color it could take a LOT of color to get it close to actual body
No matter what, I'm going to figure out a way to still run floor mats. Maybe something like the weatherTech that fill out the tub won't slip around.

I know over time floor mats look like crap, but then you just replace them. The same will hapen to the top of the Armor Lite, but it's expensive to replace every 3-5 years.

My CJ-7s never had fancy floor mat hold downs and they did not move around.....it's a least worth a shot for me.

PLAN:
  1. Remove carpet
  2. Full sound deadening
  3. Armor Lite
  4. Floor mat of some kind
You could pretty easily do it with the right length machine bolt and washers where the hold down pegs would be. The issue is them sliding around but you can just bolt them
Sponsored