Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Unless I missed it, what was the follow up on the OP getting his warranty reinstated?
Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I ain’t passed the bar, but I know a little bit, enough that you won’t illegally search my $hiF.
On a side note: with more first-hand experience with criminal litigation, you will probably see that searches have to be proven to be illegal. Cops will often perform an "illegal" search knowing it is up to the suspect/defendant/attorney to argue the search should not have been made in the first place.

MyRight

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Freedom, 2003 Grand Cherokee Laredo
On a side note: with more first-hand experience with criminal litigation, you will probably see that searches have to be proven to be illegal. Cops will often perform an "illegal" search knowing it is up to the suspect/defendant/attorney to argue the search should not have been made in the first place.
Yeah, I've watched too many episodes of COPS to realize that there are just way too many ignorant people out there that have no idea of what their rights are. Most are not aware they can refuse a search in most cases.

Last edited:

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
I ain’t passed the bar, but I know a little bit, enough that you won’t illegally search my $hiF.
I wouldn't take that too seriously, it's a Jay-Z lyric he's quoting.

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Yeah, I've watched too many episodes of COPS to realize that there are just way too many ignorant people out there that have no idea of what their rights are. Most are not aware they can refuse a search in most cases.
Quite the fitting username for the post!

I wouldn't take that too seriously, it's a Jay-Z lyric he's quoting.
Ah, thank you. I was hoping we had an upcoming attorney on here. Law students' comments are often enjoyable reading.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
WTF brought that thankfully dead thread back from the dead?
Talk about resurrections.
What the @#$% do searches have to do with a warranty?

COPS, the best training for budding attorneys. But it does make some good points. Don't give them cause and you can say no, officer, I have a right to refuse. Go get a warrant. Me, I'd unlock things and stand back and let them look in this environment - I prefer cooperation over confrontation in some cases.
If the cops are looking for a bad guy, are being nice/polite and ask nicely and I have a clue what they are looking for or why, it's easier to say "just get on with it and let me move on" (in a nice way, of course) and not have a hassle. If they are looking for a missing kid or a child molester or rapist, I'm more than ready to cooperate in their efforts.

When the feds came to my house (in the big black SUV with deep tinted windows, no kidding) and asked to come in and look around - come on it - excuse the mess and I hope you are ok with cats.
I got a chance to educate them on a couple of things, and they moved on. (frankly, they were as dumb as a box of rocks so I had some fun in the process). It was something to talk about later. I could have refused on principal, but I had an idea why they were there and I figured just get it over with and they'd leave us alone.

I have no idea what any of that has to do with a warranty or Jeeps or mud or splashing or electrical issues, but whatever. I didn't resurrect this long dead (thank gawd) thread.

MyRight

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Freedom, 2003 Grand Cherokee Laredo
WTF brought that thankfully dead thread back from the dead?
Talk about resurrections.
What the @#$% do searches have to do with a warranty?

COPS, the best training for budding attorneys. But it does make some good points. Don't give them cause and you can say no, officer, I have a right to refuse. Go get a warrant. Me, I'd unlock things and stand back and let them look in this environment - I prefer cooperation over confrontation in some cases.
If the cops are looking for a bad guy, are being nice/polite and ask nicely and I have a clue what they are looking for or why, it's easier to say "just get on with it and let me move on" (in a nice way, of course) and not have a hassle. If they are looking for a missing kid or a child molester or rapist, I'm more than ready to cooperate in their efforts.

When the feds came to my house (in the big black SUV with deep tinted windows, no kidding) and asked to come in and look around - come on it - excuse the mess and I hope you are ok with cats.
I got a chance to educate them on a couple of things, and they moved on. (frankly, they were as dumb as a box of rocks so I had some fun in the process). It was something to talk about later. I could have refused on principal, but I had an idea why they were there and I figured just get it over with and they'd leave us alone.

I have no idea what any of that has to do with a warranty or Jeeps or mud or splashing or electrical issues, but whatever. I didn't resurrect this long dead (thank gawd) thread.
I've had good experiences with LEO's and bad ones.
I have always been courteous and know that if you have an attitude with them, they'll certain use that in consideration when they are dealing with you.
Being that I am a big proponent of our rights, I prefer to exercise them when I feel necessary, as they say, an unexercised right is a lost right.
I understand it is some LEO's intent to find anything incriminating and use it against you.
Like, if you are pulled over for speeding or any other traffic violation. You get hit up with a bunch of unnecessary questions that are irrelevant to the reason you are being stopped for, but my guess is they are trained to ask those questions in the event your answers could tie or connect you to some crime.
I really don't know, but I find it completely irrelevant where I was coming from or where I am going to if they pulled me over for crossing over the fog line.
I've only been pulled over a handful of times, but they always seem to ask those questions.

Sponsored

jjowers

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Launch edition)
Occupation
Management
7/24/2020 - Purchased 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon with upgraded Mud Tires I didn't even want.

7/26 - Hit the trail. Plowed it through the mud a bunch of times. It was covered in mud for sure and killed the alternator. Had it towed to the closest Jeep dealership. Russell Westbrook of Van Nuys.

@7/28 - Dealership told me that it was going to cost (starting at) $3K to fix my truck. Nothing was going to be covered under warranty. They wanted to start at replacing the alternator, radiator and both batteries. I wasn’t happy with this so I called the dealership I bought it from and they told me to have it towed to them.

7/30 - had it towed to the dealership I bought it from. They replaced the alternator and I was only charged a small deductible and told me that everything was all good with my warranty still. They didn't see the need to replace the radiator of the batteries.

8/6 - Picked my truck up from the dealership

10/31 - I notice my rear center brake light is out

11/5 - I notice that the Auto Stop/Start isn’t working which means that there is a battery issue

11/7 - my rear axles appear to be engaging in 2H while driving on the freeway at 70MPH. Once I slow down I realize that they are in fact locking up. I can’t unlock them if I try. I ended up fishtailing on two separate occasions while getting onto the freeway on dry California pavement.

11/9 - dropped it off at my dealership and pick up a rental car

11/12 - They tell me that they need to replace the entire rear axle, both batteries and fix the short that is in the taillight but there is a restriction that was put on my factory warranty that says that no repairs can be made and the extended warranty that I had purchased also won’t cover it since they say that the factory warranty should be covering it.

11/13 -FCA tells me that there was a restriction put on my truck by a dealership (the first dealership that I took it to) I call the dealership and they assure me that they don’t have the power to do that.

11/14-12/1 - I am being bounced around from FCA to both of the dealerships that Ive been to to talked to General Managers of stores and on 12/1 FCA calls me and says that there is nothing that they can do about removing the restriction on the factory warranty because I "submerged" it in mud (it was less than a foot deep)

IMG_0009.jpg
IMG_4559.jpg

I have 4500 miles on it and the restriction on my warranty was placed on day 5 of ownership.

I think it’s time to get a lawyer. Any suggestions?
Gladiatrix, Check this out.
Jeep Adventure Days TV Commercial "Mud: Hurry In"
https://www.ispot.tv/ad/oU6l/jeep-adventure-days-mud-hurry-in-t2

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I've had good experiences with LEO's and bad ones.
I have always been courteous and know that if you have an attitude with them, they'll certain use that in consideration when they are dealing with you.
Being that I am a big proponent of our rights, I prefer to exercise them when I feel necessary, as they say, an unexercised right is a lost right.
I understand it is some LEO's intent to find anything incriminating and use it against you.
Like, if you are pulled over for speeding or any other traffic violation. You get hit up with a bunch of unnecessary questions that are irrelevant to the reason you are being stopped for, but my guess is they are trained to ask those questions in the event your answers could tie or connect you to some crime.
I really don't know, but I find it completely irrelevant where I was coming from or where I am going to if they pulled me over for crossing over the fog line.
I've only been pulled over a handful of times, but they always seem to ask those questions.
I used to work in IHP cars. I became friends with some of the troopers in the process. Similar for Altoona, Iowa, police cars.
My only times for being stopped were either my own fault (I used to drive really fast and still have to watch myself) or when I was on my way home and a headlight burned out. My luck, there was a trooper a few miles down I80. She was polite, I was polite. We ended having a couple of laughs (after I called her "sir" - hey, it was dark.) She ended up simply telling me to get it fixed. Seems that happens a lot with me - something not working, driving without a fender or bumper while I'm restoring a car, friendly chat - take it home and get it fixed.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I'd start by filing suit against the dealership, the dealerships manager as an individual, and the hourly wage chump as an individual who put the restriction on the warranty for the full value of the vehicle and about double in punitive and legal fees.
Just the fact that you are saying you should sue for punitive damages means you don't know enough about the law to advise anyone to sue anyone.

You don't sue for punitive damages. Punitive damages can be awarded to you as a result of a civil suit, but they are never part of an original claim.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just the fact that you are saying you should sue for punitive damages means you don't know enough about the law to advise anyone to sue anyone.

You don't sue for punitive damages. Punitive damages can be awarded to you as a result of a civil suit, but they are never part of an original claim.
Yes, they are. You have to make a claim for punitive damages. Whether they are awarded is another matter. Asking for punitive damages is the same as any other civil claim: the actions meet the requirements for it or they dont.

TxSmitty

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Haha! Yes everyone relax, it is a quote from “99 problems”. And I quoted it because my post is full of legal jargon, that sounds good but just like Jay-z in the song, I have no clue wtf I am talking about.
It is hilarious that people picked that out and ran with it. I didn’t even read some of the lengthy post but in one they are seriously talking about officers looking for child molesters…. Man that escalated quickly. <quote from anchorman, everyone relax, no need to discuss how fast escalators are in the mall.
As for officers searching anything I could give a shit. I always thought if you have nothing to hide then what’s the problem. My dad has been a police officer since I was born. He was on the swat team and was an undercover narcotics officer for most of my teen years. I have seen first hand what officers go through and for little pay and recognition. Especially a undercover officer. He later became detective and just this year retired and is now an investigator for the DA. Nothing but respect for the blue. Especially now days.
So everyone relax. If they want to search anything, including your muddy jeep that has a voided warranty, say sure or say no. It’s up to you, don’t leave it up to Jay-Z.
Sponsored

Last edited: