OP
OP
wachuko

wachuko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
On another note... parts, for the side mirrors turn signals modification, are starting to arrive.

Jeep Gladiator Wachuko's Mojave Build Thread IMG_0083

Jeep Gladiator Wachuko's Mojave Build Thread IMG_0084
Sponsored

Last edited:

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Yes. But do not install it they way I did... I was not aware there was a plate that could be installed in there and would make it easier to install.

Right now mine is attached to the cover, as you see in the photos. I will change that at a later time. Plan is to make the plate and just bolt it in place... Looks easy enough to do myself.

Jeep Gladiator Wachuko's Mojave Build Thread IMG_0084
My thinking of dropping it in the glovebox or inside the center console.

OP
OP
wachuko

wachuko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I bought the Roll-N-Lock tonneau cover they had a free cargo divider/organizer offer... Well, after waiting a couple of months, it finally arrived today.

Installed.

Jeep Gladiator Wachuko's Mojave Build Thread IMG_0086

I need to rethink my camping strategy... to make sure I am not getting caught in the frenzy of builds instead of keeping it simple and lightweight.

For example... that kitchen box. I built it with stuff I had laying around. So additional cost/expense to me was minimal... but the darn thing is heavy. What am I really benefiting from it??

Sure, I can redo it with 80/20 for the frame and plastic covers for the sides... but that would be expensive... I did something similar inside my RV

Jeep Gladiator Wachuko's Mojave Build Thread Rear shelf

... that shelf I made using 80/20 and a sheet of aluminum covered with matching laminate... But in the RV it served a purpose (additional storage space).

I do not want to add heavy stuff in the bed if there is a simpler solution...

I will finish the kitchen box... just that I am having second thoughts about its usefulness...

Apologies for the rambling... just thinking/writing out-loud...

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
When I bought the Roll-N-Lock tonneau cover they had a free cargo divider/organizer offer... Well, after waiting a couple of months, it finally arrived today.

Installed.

I need to rethink my camping strategy... to make sure I am not getting caught in the frenzy of builds instead of keeping it simple and lightweight.

For example... that kitchen box. I built it with stuff I had laying around. So additional cost/expense to me was minimal... but the darn thing is heavy. What am I really benefiting from it??

Sure, I can redo it with 80/20 for the frame and plastic covers for the sides... but that would be expensive... I did something similar inside my RV

... that shelf I made using 80/20 and a sheet of aluminum covered with matching laminate... But in the RV it served a purpose (additional storage space).

I will finish the kitchen box... just that I am having second thoughts about its usefulness...

Would 8020 be lighter? I built a bed rack with two sliders and it was 100 pounds.

OP
OP
wachuko

wachuko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would 8020 be lighter? I built a bed rack with two sliders and it was 100 pounds.
Good point...might not be any lighter. I know that in my case, the drawer slides alone are like 25 lbs (all three sets)...

Sponsored

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Good point...might not be any lighter. I know that in my case, the drawer slides alone are like 25 lbs (all three sets)...
I was using 1530 1.5x3” so I’m sure it’s way heavier than if you used 20 series or something for a cabinet

OP
OP
wachuko

wachuko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Side mirror covers arrived... lights installed and tested...

Jeep Gladiator Wachuko's Mojave Build Thread IMG_0089

No screws included... so I had to find suitable screws to secure the lights...

Jeep Gladiator Wachuko's Mojave Build Thread IMG_0090

Just a 9 volts battery to test...

Jeep Gladiator Wachuko's Mojave Build Thread IMG_0091

I need to remove the stock cover before I drill the holes for the puddle lights... to make sure there is nothing in the way before drilling.

Last edited:

John in the Woods

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Semi-retired noisemaker

Installed.

I’m getting close to rolling, and I just set aside the kitchen slide plan for the same reasons: cash I’d rather save for food, added weight, and a lot of space lost by being trapped in or inside the added structure. I’m going to try a season of better storage boxes (square, easier to access) and some sealed plywood on the inside of the gate as a cooking and prep surface. Hopefully, I can tailgate prep with all my gear and pantry stuff in bins right st the end of the bed.

Ten bucks I end up building something next winter, but I’ve got to earn it with a few miles first.

OP
OP
wachuko

wachuko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Replaced pull strap with those made by forum member @darksidedesign

Jeep Gladiator Wachuko's Mojave Build Thread IMG_0201

Before

Jeep Gladiator Wachuko's Mojave Build Thread IMG_0202

After

Jeep Gladiator Wachuko's Mojave Build Thread IMG_0203

Jeep Gladiator Wachuko's Mojave Build Thread IMG_0205

Looks much better.

I was able to cancel the order on the factory ones that I was going to use to replace what I had...

OP
OP
wachuko

wachuko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Used (but in like new condition) and at the right price, Versahaul VH55-RO motorcycle carrier for the Royal Enfield Himalayan that will be getting later this year.

Jeep Gladiator Wachuko's Mojave Build Thread C9D3D6A7-0337-4D0E-A2FF-15E8A17F1A83

Sponsored

OP
OP
wachuko

wachuko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Testing with the other bike that weighs about the same. Should be fine for the few times I will need to use it.

I ordered trailer lights for it…

Jeep Gladiator Wachuko's Mojave Build Thread 7549F45B-8974-462A-BE48-6891F414887F

Jeep Gladiator Wachuko's Mojave Build Thread 747B2AC2-3FF5-4470-BC97-711BF84ED879

JeepBleu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2021 JT
MP Concepts forged aluminum front bumper installed!!

Jeep Gladiator Wachuko's Mojave Build Thread 747B2AC2-3FF5-4470-BC97-711BF84ED879

Only waiting on replacement fog light bezels. To swap the cracked ones that came in the box. Very happy with the looks and weight of this whole setup...
Awesome build! I just installed this same bumper and love it! mounting the skid plate with winch and winch plate in place is still a struggle though...

Where did you find the replacement bezels? Do the OEM Mopart ones fit the MP Concepts? I had the same issue with packing shipping - bezels cracked from shipping on arrival, but i didn't notice until fully installed. ET can't seem to be able to ship me just those parts and wants me to remove bumper and ship back for full replacement...

OP
OP
wachuko

wachuko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome build! I just installed this same bumper and love it! mounting the skid plate with winch and winch plate in place is still a struggle though...

Where did you find the replacement bezels? Do the OEM Mopart ones fit the MP Concepts? I had the same issue with packing shipping - bezels cracked from shipping on arrival, but i didn't notice until fully installed. ET can't seem to be able to ship me just those parts and wants me to remove bumper and ship back for full replacement...
Talk to them, not email, not chat, talk and ask to speak to a manager... that is what I did... at the end they provided a discount that covered the cost of ordering OEM replacements (yes, OEM bezels fit perfectly). They are a great company to work with if you get them on the phone. But the first person you talk to just goes by a script. Reason for requesting to ask to speak to someone that can make the decision fixing the problem without you having to ship everything back...

And let's be realistic, you ship it back and the next one will have the same broken pieces.

JeepBleu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2021 JT
Yeah, no way I'm uninstalling and shipping back - even with the offer of a $350 credit. The way it was packed I wasn't surprised at all to see the crack - seems that those parts should be a box within the box.
Honestly I just want to know where to get the parts and with the time I've spent in chat and on the phone I'm willing to spend the $20 for an aftermarket replacement. Knowing its the same as OEM is helpful in the event I crack one myself in the future, but I will try the phone call one more time.

Thanks again for sharing the info and your build!

OP
OP
wachuko

wachuko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got it... will be installing in a few weeks... 25% discount and the 10% additional discount for getting their card... and payment sent so I do not forget... done!

Jeep Gladiator Wachuko's Mojave Build Thread IMG_1994
Sponsored