Want everyones opinion...Stubby or Full Length Bumpers

bigd081285

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler unlimited JL
Just want to hear everyone's opinions. I usually prefer shorty's but im kinda liking the lod signature series full length for the Gladiator
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I liked the stubby bumper on my JKU but decided to go with the Full width bumper on my JT and I'm glad I did. I love the look of the full width on the JT. Plus it helps keep the MPG up because the one I got closes the gap between the bumper and the fenders kind of like the stock sports are. Mines a Higher clearance Rugged Ridge.

mellendic

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT Security Researcher
Just want to hear everyone's opinions. I usually prefer shorty's but im kinda liking the lod signature series full length for the Gladiator
I went stubby for clearance, looks and a bit of weight savings, then added a light bar and winch, and lost the weight savings.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
How many members are there? That's how many opinions you'll get. You can't do it wrong, it's your truck! There are reasons for BOTH types - choose your driving style, your need, (on or off road, weight savings vs. Panzer tank effect and so on) and choose.
There's a lot of reasons everyone chose what they did - none are wrong.
What are your plans for the truck, how will you use it - move from there with the info you get.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
My choice would be the LOD. Destroyer
Makes it look complete IMO.
Jeep Gladiator Want everyones opinion...Stubby or Full Length Bumpers Screenshot_20210518-211426

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I've been dwelling on this for a year now. I've narrowed it down the the Rugged Ridge Arcus (stubby), or the LoD mid-width. I love the look of them both, but I like the LoD because of the little bit of added protection against the large amount of Bambi's relatives I have around my area.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I've been dwelling on this for a year now. I've narrowed it down the the Rugged Ridge Arcus (stubby), or the LoD mid-width. I love the look of them both, but I like the LoD because of the little bit of added protection against the large amount of Bambi's relatives I have around my area.
Bambi's Aunt Deer nearly ripped the right fender off my SX4 years back. Totally destroyed the right set of headlights. If it wasn't for that really stout bumper those things have - it could have been a lot worse.
Aunt Deer was tossed at least 50' across a ditch into someone's front yard - and her right hind leg was pointed to her back instead of downward. Needless to say - she didn't care any more.
I can see choosing something like a bumper based at least in part on your local wildlife - both 4 and 2 legged varieties.
Sponsored