Sponsored

Warranty denied due to trailer frontal area?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
IN another add they show a Gladiator towing a Grand Wagoneer on a flatbed.
Yeah, that shows Overland towing it also. Curb weight of a classic Grand Wagoneer coupled with trailer weight exceeds the 4500 lb towing capacity of a Overland Gladiator. I do not think whomever made the Jeep ad copy paid any attention and just went for the photo op.

I do not think it is a sound legal defense to point to ad copy over published specs in the owners manual when it comes to such things.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, that shows Overland towing it also. Curb weight of a classic Grand Wagoneer coupled with trailer weight exceeds the 4500 lb towing capacity of a Overland Gladiator. I do not think whomever made the Jeep ad copy paid any attention and just went for the photo op.

I do not think it is a sound legal defense to point to ad copy over published specs in the owners manual when it comes to such things.
An Overland with the factory tow package and automatic transmission has a 6000 pound towing capacity.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
An Overland with the factory tow package and automatic transmission has a 6000 pound towing capacity.
I stand corrected then. Must have been looking at the manual specs.

OP
OP
jeepin48

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
That statement from the dealer is not unreasonable. If they are provided information that you are exceeding the trucks capability, they are expected to document it, which will cause warranty issues. Why would you provide this type of information to the dealer?
The dealership was told it only happens when towing a camper that was 5200lbs, that was it.
Sponsored