WeatherTech window deflectors now available for JT

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
A little over a year ago I signed up for an email alert on WeatherTech window deflectors for the JT, which were still under development. Then covid came and delays followed.

Today I got the email saying they're available.

These are an in-channel design, which gives a cleaner look than stick-on types.

I have no affiliation with WeatherTech other than being a long time customer and pleased with their products, quality and "made in USA" status.

The part number is 82922 at weathertech.com.
Sponsored

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Writer
A little over a year ago I signed up for an email alert on WeatherTech window deflectors for the JT, which were still under development. Then covid came and delays followed.

Today I got the email saying they're available.

These are an in-channel design, which gives a cleaner look than stick-on types.

I have no affiliation with WeatherTech other than being a long time customer and pleased with their products, quality and "made in USA" status.

The part number is 82922 at weathertech.com.
Have you gotten these yet? If so how do they fit.

OP
OP
wannajeep

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
Have you gotten these yet? If so how do they fit.
I haven't got them yet - I held off while I was getting the Jeep fixed. Got it back last night so I'll order them this weekend and will follow up here to let you know how they fit.

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Writer
I haven't got them yet - I held off while I was getting the Jeep fixed. Got it back last night so I'll order them this weekend and will follow up here to let you know how they fit.
I went ahead and ordered yesterday. With some of the varied reviews on the other window vents and there price I figured I would give these a shot. I have had other weather tech products that have fit perfectly.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wannajeep

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
They arrived today and I just installed them.

You have to give the front ones a really good flex to get them inserted (this is normal) - but I always feel like they're going to break and send shrapnel into my face. Wearing safety glasses during this part wouldn't be a bad idea!

Installation was easy. The only issue I had was one of the front deflectors doesn't have enough spring tension on its forward end to hold itself up when the window is rolled down. I'm going to let them sit for 48 hours with the windows up (per WeatherTech instruction sheet) to and this may fix it. If not, a small bit of double-stick adhesive tape will work. I had this issue with the set I installed previously on my Ram.

The rear set comes with metal clips (2 per side) to install in the channel, and these keep the rear visors from falling down when the window is rolled down. Rears used to come with double-stick adhesive, but the clips probably work better.

I'm very happy to have these again, and being able to leave the windows cracked in the summer without having to deal with anything if it rains. The quality is superb.

Jeep Gladiator WeatherTech window deflectors now available for JT visors

Jeep Gladiator WeatherTech window deflectors now available for JT visor_front

Jeep Gladiator WeatherTech window deflectors now available for JT visor_rear

Last edited:

Sublime

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gecko Green 2021 Sport S
My charger came with these as part of the smokers package. I bought it used. Wasn't sure about them then but love them now. Keeps rain out when windows cracked in the summer and actually added a little color contrast against my neon green.

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
They arrived today and I just installed them.

You have to give the front ones a really good flex to get them inserted (this is normal) - but I always feel like they're going to break and send shrapnel into my face. Wearing safety glasses during this part wouldn't be a bad idea!

Installation was easy. The only issue I had was one of the front deflectors doesn't have enough spring tension on its forward end to hold itself up when the window is rolled down. I'm going to let them sit for 48 hours with the windows up (per WeatherTech instruction sheet) to and this may fix it. If not, a small bit of double-stick adhesive tape will work. I had this issue with the set I installed previously on my Ram.

The rear set comes with metal clips (2 per side) to install in the channel, and these keep the rear visors from falling down when the window is rolled down. Rears used to come with double-stick adhesive, but the clips probably work better.

I'm very happy to have these again, and being able to leave the windows cracked in the summer without having to deal with anything if it rains. The quality is superb.

thanks for the pics. I like this much better than the stick on style I have used on past vehicles.

OP
OP
wannajeep

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
Following up on my post - it turns out now that both front window visors are falling down when the windows are rolled down, even after letting them sit with windows rolled up for 48 hours per WeatherTech's recommendation.

I assume (you know what they say about assumptions...) what's happening is that the visors are pressing against the rubber window seals and causing the seals to have memory in the pressed-out configuration, so that when the windows are rolled down, the seals can't grip the visors.

I sent an email to WeatherTech last night asking if they could send me a set of metal clips (same as used on the rear visors to prevent this problem) - thinking that if I put them on the front visors, it would solve the issue.

Just got an email alert from FedEx saying something's shipped from WeatherTech, and I assume it's the clips.

Long story short, great customer support from WeatherTech. With no questions asked, they took action in less than 24 hours. Again a disclaimer, I have no affiliation with this company other than being a long-time customer. Great products made in USA and responsive customer service and support? Done deal.

I'll report back after I install the clips. While I'm sure this issue can be solved by simply installing a couple pieces of double-stick adhesive, I like the clip solution if it works.

Sponsored

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
Thanks for the honest review. I'll be watching for your follow up.

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Writer
Following up on my post - it turns out now that both front window visors are falling down when the windows are rolled down, even after letting them sit with windows rolled up for 48 hours per WeatherTech's recommendation.

I assume (you know what they say about assumptions...) what's happening is that the visors are pressing against the rubber window seals and causing the seals to have memory in the pressed-out configuration, so that when the windows are rolled down, the seals can't grip the visors.

I sent an email to WeatherTech last night asking if they could send me a set of metal clips (same as used on the rear visors to prevent this problem) - thinking that if I put them on the front visors, it would solve the issue.

Just got an email alert from FedEx saying something's shipped from WeatherTech, and I assume it's the clips.

Long story short, great customer support from WeatherTech. With no questions asked, they took action in less than 24 hours. Again a disclaimer, I have no affiliation with this company other than being a long-time customer. Great products made in USA and responsive customer service and support? Done deal.

I'll report back after I install the clips. While I'm sure this issue can be solved by simply installing a couple pieces of double-stick adhesive, I like the clip solution if it works.
I didn't post pictures because u beat me too it.

We are not having this problem and my wife uses her window all the time. My biggest complaint was the written directions. Once I googled an install video, they slid right in. You have to make sure the front bottom tab is between the door and window rubber gasket. Once I watched the video it made sence.

20210305_131712.jpg

20210305_131639.jpg

20210305_131606.jpg

20210305_131549.jpg

OP
OP
wannajeep

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
You have to make sure the front bottom tab is between the door and window rubber gasket.
Thanks for the tip! Clearly a case of "operator error" on my part, and I even read the instructions.

Very happy to report they are working perfectly now. Thanks @miseryshusband :beer:

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Writer
Thanks for the tip! Clearly a case of "operator error" on my part, and I even read the instructions.

Very happy to report they are working perfectly now. Thanks @miseryshusband :beer:
I am a technical writer by trade, and WeatherTech needs better ones. Not operator error, directions error.

Glad I could help.

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
I had these on my outback and could never get them to seem right. At one point the driver side shattered in the window track and I had to extract shattered plastic out of the window track. I really wanted them to work as they do look clean but they basically shove into the window track and that’s not a great solution.
Sponsored