Weekly jump starts due to drained battery

rezar1

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I have to jump start the truck on almost weekly basis when I take it out on the weekends. (it's not a daily driver)

What is the best way to figure out what's draining the battery. I have few accessories installed but not sure if they are the reason. I have Falcon ADapt shocks which has a control module, RSE Steps and Midland GMRS radio.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
If you're only using it on weekends, I would suggest a battery maintainer to keep attached during the week. The computers do not turn off, and there's also the alarm system. If you have the 8.4 Uconnect, it is always active along with the cellular modem it contains.

It would probably be a good idea to have the batteries tested, just to make sure there's nothing wrong with them.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
In my opinion, you should easily get at least a couple weeks of storage life with a proper functioning battery system on a stock vehicle electronics.

With the aux and main batteries wired in parallel, you cannot do a proper load testing of the batteries without isolating each battery and having them tested directly at their respective terminals. Being a 2022, I would not lean just yet on the batteries though.

You can google some decent video for parasitic draw testing if you are wanting to isolate down if something with your accessories or even the vehicle itself having a draw. Need to be versed on understanding and using a multimeter though or find somebody that is.

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Take it to dealer…

Sponsored

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
Unplug accessories.

test, if it’s still dead in a week take it in. If good then you know the answer was one the accessories was drawing it down. .

mine is a weekend driver only and I don’t have any issues.

Kirk*Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Jeep Mojave/toyota camry
It's has to be something accessory related. My truck sits for weeks at a time without being started and it fires up when I need to use it

OP
OP
rezar1

rezar1

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks all, Can the installed accessories by used by the dealer to void warranty related issue for the batteries?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks all, Can the installed accessories by used by the dealer to void warranty related issue for the batteries?
Unless the accessories are set to be on all the time and drain the batteries, there should be no warranty issues for devices connected to the factory installed AUX Switches. Anything else will depend on the dealer, the accessories, and how they are installed.
Sponsored