Weird noise please help!

Jeep808

First Name
Micole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Had this noise happening for over a month now and it’s driving me insane! Happens only at low speed and only after jeep has been parked for a bit. Like every morning for instance leaving for work I’ll have the noise then it disappears when take off on the Main Street. Mechanic at dealer says it cause it’s cold , and another mechanic says it’s my hub bearings. My gladiator was not making that noise when first got it. And I sure as hell know it can’t be the bearings! Any advice ? Please help a sister out!

Sponsored

Klicht87

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Veteran/DoD Program Analyst
Any mods? Could it be squeaking of the springs on the perch? I get a slight squeek at lower speeds after I installed the teraflex 1.5" front leveling kit. Everthing is tight so that's all I can think of.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Had this noise happening for over a month now and it’s driving me insane! Happens only at low speed and only after jeep has been parked for a bit. Like every morning for instance leaving for work I’ll have the noise then it disappears when take off on the Main Street. Mechanic at dealer says it cause it’s cold , and another mechanic says it’s my hub bearings. My gladiator was not making that noise when first got it. And I sure as hell know it can’t be the bearings! Any advice ? Please help a sister out!

Sticky brakes?

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
Does the noise go away or change if you apply light pressure to the brake pedal? If so, it could be the brake pads lightly touching the brake rotors.

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
Get outside next to your fenders and give them a wiggle. The clips on mine were squeaking like this.

OP
OP
Jeep808

Jeep808

First Name
Micole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Does the noise go away or change if you apply light pressure to the brake pedal? If so, it could be the brake pads lightly touching the brake rotors.
Not really it’ll make the noise without using the brake, the sqeak is on rotation and only happens when first driving like rolling out drive way or parking lot after work , If I drive it during the day while doing errands it won’t have the noise at all. Only happens when my trucks been parked for awhile. I attached a better vid without the wind

Sponsored

pepeborja

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Jeep Wrangler, 12 Acura MDX, 23 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Data Architect
The sound is not constant and then goes away, it sounds intermittent and associated with rotation. Check dust shields, also check for a rock/nail trapped between dust shield and rotor. Check the brake rotors for shiny groves that could be left from a break pad defect which goes away when the calipers relax.

That would be my starting point.

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
Not really it’ll make the noise without using the brake, the sqeak is on rotation and only happens when first driving ..
Understood, but when it is making the noise when first driving, does the noise immediately go away if you apply the brake? You can keep your right foot on the gas pedal while applying the brake with your left foot to see if the noise goes away.

OP
OP
Jeep808

Jeep808

First Name
Micole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Understood, but when it is making the noise when first driving, does the noise immediately go away if you apply the brake? You can keep your right foot on the gas pedal while applying the brake with your left foot to see if the noise goes away.
I’ll try that when I get off of work later see what happens.
Sponsored