Sponsored

Wench

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
Hello all soon I'm going to be apart of the jeep family. I'm currently looking at buying a Jeep Gadiator Mojave. With front mount trail cam. With that being said could I still mount a wench to it even though having trail cam.

-TIA
Josh
If the bumper you have will except a winch, the trail cam is not a problem. You can still see plenty up front plus the front tire guides.

Sponsored

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
OP said getting a Mojave, so no trailcam to block... May want to add a harness and some pillows for the Wench...

A good wench comes equipped with pillows.

JTMana

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
Yes, you’ll be fine. I have a Mojave with a steel bumper with a bull bar and winch. it doesn’t really obstruct the vision

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Hello all soon I'm going to be apart of the jeep family. I'm currently looking at buying a Jeep Gadiator Mojave. With front mount trail cam. With that being said could I still mount a wench to it even though having trail cam.

-TIA
Josh
Now that we've all had our fun...

The answer is that "it depends". I have a Rubicon with the steel bumper and added the Mopar winch (not wench) mounting plate with a Warn Zeon 10S. Since that particular combination is a recessed mount into the bumper, I barely see the winch in the trail cam. However, if you buy an aftermarket bumper, depending on whether or not it is a recessed mount, you will likely see it in the trail cam. The higher the profile, the more you will see in the trail cam and the less you will see of the trail in front of you.

There are other threads on the forum with actual screen shots where folks have asked about the brush bar or hoop blocking the camera and you can see what it looks like.

I figure it like this: I have been off-roading since the early 80's in my CJ-7. Never had a trail cam until this year. Actually used my trail cam last week on some trails in Colorado. The detail, the angle, the contrast, etc. makes it somewhat difficult to use with any real proficiency, IMHO. So...don't worry about obstructing the camera because if you REALLY need to see what is in front of you, the camera is not an adequate replacement for a spotter or getting out and looking yourself. YMMV

Sponsored