Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Daystar 3/4" lift spacers. Fronts - simple. Less than an hour start to finish. Rears, not much worse but those stupid upper spring isolators for the rear springs suck. I finally used 3M 008001 to glue them up in place so I could work the springs back in with the spacers and not have those isolators up there fall out or get messed up.

I waffled a bit after putting just the front spacers in - loved the look with less rake, but then those max tow rear springs cut a tiny bit off the height of the rear when I put those in months ago and just didn't like the rear sitting even 1/8" lower than with the original springs.
So I ended up putting the spacers rear and front.

3/4" ain't much at all but my real goal was gain back some of what I lost with the steel bumper, 82 pound winch and steel skid plate.

Funny thing - the Daystar kit instructions were great - not that I really needed them since I had already swapped springs and shocks and whatever - but one thing bothered me just a little -
For the rears, it said "remove bottom spring isolators" and install their spacer.
Well, my truck had NO isolators or pads or anything under the rear springs. Never did. It was spring against steel pad from day 1.

Are these supposed to have some isolator pads UNDER the rear springs? The fronts have top and bottom (the lower being a harder material, the upper being a soft pad) and the rears on mine only had those upper ones that kept falling and annoying me until I glued them.

I guess the spacers act as isolators now!
I have those exact same spacers for the front in my garage now. Trying to debate if I want to install the Quadratec QRC bumper I bought. The more I look at it, I'm not sure I will like it since I assumed (yes, my bad) that my 2021 would come with black flares vs painted ones when I ordered this truck (2021 and dealer didn't know body color was std). So we'll see. Glad you had a good experience in installing them. Thanks for the write up on those!
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Funny, I just ordered that last night!!! Excellent :clap:
I like it - my wife does, too. She usually rides over there and wants access to a pencil, her nail file, whatever, it's all in there. She can also plop her phone in there and it won't go flying. She used to put it up on the dash - uh, no, never put things up there - not with me driving LOL

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I have those exact same spacers for the front in my garage now. Trying to debate if I want to install the Quadratec QRC bumper I bought. The more I look at it, I'm not sure I will like it since I assumed (yes, my bad) that my 2021 would come with black flares vs painted ones when I ordered this truck (2021 and dealer didn't know body color was std). So we'll see. Glad you had a good experience in installing them. Thanks for the write up on those!
When I did the springs and shocks, I did it like most guys (or gals) do with lifts - axle at a time, not wheel at a time. So it actually made it more complex that way.
I did the one corner at a time with these spacers - piece of cake. For one thing, I knew for the most part I didn't need 50 pounds of tools - had memorized most of what I really needed so that saved time, but it's also faster, easier, to get things to drop one corner at a time.
And dummy me - I should have KNOWN that from working on cars for years - replacing springs, whatever - one side at a time. Even better with a solid axle as you have some serious leverage there.
Still to get the rear down far enough I had to use my bottle jack to shove the axle down enough to get the spring out and insert the spacer under it. But that I was fully prepped for and knew exactly how to do it.
So it was a lot faster.
Their instructions, if needed, are quite good, really.
I did take the brake line brackets loose on the rear to keep from stretching the brake hoses.
My Milwaukee super duty cordless impact, a Snap-On impact swivel and an 18mm impact socket were my friends for taking things off - and the impact set to low to simply spin things back to finger tight going back. (I think the rear shocks took a 21mm? or was that 20? Geesh, forgot already! HA)

JWGladiator

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2020 BMW X7; 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Was a busy day yesterday. Loaded up the Gladiator with everything that I had bought over the weeks waiting for her arrival.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] F27F079E-54D5-4DC4-B286-C67A2687CC0D
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] E5ED3E34-7595-4A48-BF3A-A87853C72C29
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 51185DAA-5D1A-4089-A397-4CEE47F840FB
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 2228AAFA-DFB9-4ECB-8181-51EE28DC4D74
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 071AA24C-B137-45B1-854A-758A7E87F32D
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] C907CDE7-2F5B-47AF-A613-3C8FFF6BA1EC

Hothead Headliners are up next.

Jdyowa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
Manager
Installed an xprite hood bracket and dual color light bar, to match the one on the chase rack.

Sponsored

TheClevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Ac couple days ago, but been busy
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_9234
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_9242
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_9241

Had plans to install the RC 3.5" lift, but one of the front spacers didn't make the trip (thanks FedEx). CarID was no help (again), but a call to RC direct and the part was on its way. Hope to have it installed next Wednesday!!

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
I installed my door hangers in the garage. Yeah, perfect timing, winter. Oh well, ready for the spring. Mounted a 12’ 2”x6” in order to have options of where to hang the doors rather than having to hit a stud. Needed all 4 up high because of space issues and didn’t ever want to risk backing my own JT into the doors had they been hung down low.

EE6D2A43-9836-4187-9E1F-479F0C3B4DCD.jpeg

E814483E-65C2-40CD-9CAB-F1453E42B215.jpeg

Sponsored

SF_E60

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2010 BMW M5, 2023 Tesla M3
Occupation
Software Engineer
On board air check. I also sold my mopar tonneau cover and bought Access LITERIDER Roll-Up Cover in anticipation to my Rebel rack that should be going on in 2 weeks. Can't wait!

IQ2dpWJl.jpg

rT1WQlGl.jpg

JWZLZg5l.jpg

MpECQS3l.jpg

eEuVSual.jpg

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great.. I like the chase bar. did it work with oem tonneu cover or what did you use?
I have A JTRLE.
Thanks. THe bar mounts to the trail rail system. There are extra hardware included to mount the bar if you don't have the trail rail system. I didn't pay much attention to what that all entails.
With that said, I serached a whole bunch of tonneau cover instructions (including Mopar's OEM one) and found they almost all mounted the same way. The front of the bed mounts up front in each corner and then in the back where you "snap" off the section of spray in liner to expose the threaded holes to mount the rear brackets right above the LED be lights.
I will say, I narrowed my search to bed top mounting styles (rolling and tri fold) because I didn't want to have to deal with finding something specific for trail rail and then try to modify it since the roll bar takes up the trail trail at the very front.

So onto your real question (just wanted to give you what led to me what I choosed), I went with the Rugged Ridge tri-fold as it was a match in premium fabric of my soft top and used the mounting features that the roll bar didn't interfere with. The mopar one would work too (with premium fabric) but it was 2x the cost and back-ordered from what I could tell.

The 2nd section of Tri-fold folds right before the back of the roll bar, so I can get 2 /3 of the bed cover up. And I knew that going in. I wouldn't be able to get any style (roll or fold) up where it sets inside the roll bar brackets.

Its a short bed, so I am happy with how it all turned out (once I actually got all the right hardware and instructions sent to me) :)