Sponsored

What does the 2026, 40 mpg jeep wrangler model look like?

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
  • Banned
Will it be small like a geo tracker or Suzuki samurai with a small diesel motor? Aluminum framed, limited sound deadening to save weight? Front wheel drive only? Or does it just go away completely?
Sponsored

Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
The Wrangler doesn't have to get 40 mpg, because Compasses, Cherokees, Renegades, 4xEs (counting mpge), and whatever electric they come out with will (again, because mpge counts). CAFE is about averages.

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
The CAFE standards are AVERAGES. So help yourself and encourage your NEIGHBORs to buy Compass's and Wrangler 4xe's and pray that the 2026 Gladiator looks much like it does now. Maybe with better axle seals and no more death wobble...

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Did I miss some announcement somewhere? What is this about?
Yes there was an announcement that epa regulations will be raised basically as high as they can given the short lead time by 2026. I'm not sure if every vehicle must at least be at 40mpg by then, or if the fleet of a manufacturer would be.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Anyone know if it's jeep or Stellantis that needs to be 40mpg? If its Stellantis is will be much easier than jeep specifically.

Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Anyone know if it's jeep or Stellantis that needs to be 40mpg? If its Stellantis is will be much easier than jeep specifically.
It must be Stellantis as a whole, or Jeep, Dodge and especially RAM wouldn't even meet current standards. Manufactures used to be able to buy offset credits from other manufacturers too. Not sure if that's still allowed.

Last edited:

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
The formula for increased MPG is pretty well set now. More electrification and smaller displacement turbo engines. I expect the Wrangler to look no different, just be equipped with a different power plant is all.

AP Double

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTM - Sarge Green - MT
It’s gunna be awesome. They will make some Jeeps with 1000 hp electric motors that crawl - and sprint - better than the Rivian, and help get that CAFE stuff satisfied. The vehicles will probably keep getting better. But I’m still hoping to hang on to my manual transmission Mojave forever. Well maybe.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
it will come with a bunch of air deflectors that can be easily removed, like the Sport model does with the wedge between the bumper and fender.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
This is why the Hemi is gone, but I think the GME-I6 will be an awesome powerplant. Miss the Hemi roar but the engine itself could be a gem.
Sponsored